Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's the new cover, hmm?
05-24-2008 15:33 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

05-24-2008 17:13 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Looks really good. I like it!
Nice to see "Daniel Amos" up there on the cover! Pleased

05-24-2008 17:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I've bought this album twice before... aaaaaand..... looks like I'll be buying it again. Curse you rapscallions! Even though the cover typeface is HUGE and looks like the Grand Theft Auto font, I'm in.

Just keep us in the loop when it's pay-up time.
05-25-2008 08:48 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I have bought it four times and I will be being it twice more! Tongue

05-25-2008 17:00 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Even though the cover typeface is HUGE and looks like the Grand Theft Auto font, I'm in.

"the Grand Theft Auto font?"

That's bad right? Confused

Tongue

05-25-2008 17:01 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

If there is a Vinyl re-issue I will buy it thrice more! Pleased

05-25-2008 17:02 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

A vinyl re-release would be sweet, but to my knowledge Arena Rock hasn't crossed the vinyl frontier yet (GROAAAAAN.) J. Edward, and background on that?
05-25-2008 18:03 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I like the new cover. It's zippy! I'd go so far as to call it snappy!
05-27-2008 09:23 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Big difference Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's almost when they went from from Da (DFBB) / dä (Kalhoun) to Daniel Amos (Motorcycle). From Terry's interview on MC Tracks, the change in name was deliberate.

Here it seems it's for clarity as much as anything. It stands out well, it's not understated like the original artwork. Same thing with the colors and sharpness.

Nice job.

05-27-2008 11:15 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ubique Epoque

I guess the identity crisis is over for the Daniel Amos Lads!

05-27-2008 19:32 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I always saw the Daniel Amos / DA thing as being somehow connected with Jerry. He left before Vox Humana and the prominent DA on the cover seemed to reinforce a change. The abbreviation remained right up until Motorcycle when it was back to Daniel Amos and, coincidentally, Jerry was back in the fold.

By Buechner's, all distinctions were moot.
05-27-2008 21:16 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

agree- like that cover revision

(as I already have the other of course Cool )

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-27-2008 22:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

also - Bonus material always heps-

and so does an interview- that'll be the snips!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-27-2008 22:25 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
I guess the identity crisis is over for the Daniel Amos Lads!

By the way, which one is Daniel?
05-28-2008 07:04 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Forget Daniel - which one's Amos?
05-28-2008 07:49 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
I always saw the Daniel Amos / DA thing as being somehow connected with Jerry. He left before Vox Humana and the prominent DA on the cover seemed to reinforce a change. The abbreviation remained right up until Motorcycle when it was back to Daniel Amos and, coincidentally, Jerry was back in the fold.

So what I'm hearing here is: Jerry is the celebrated Mr. Daniel Amos and his departure precipitated a name change, sort of like when Bachman-Turner Overdrive had to abbreviate to BTO once there were no longer any Bachmans in the group. Tongue Big Grin Cool
05-28-2008 07:57 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

Why did Jerry leave anyway, I always wondered. I know hes still involved with music. Think he wanted more creative involvement in DA?
I know Jerry can make up some really good tunes, like "Man in the Moon", so he is good writting songs, just makes you wonder.

Nato
05-28-2008 11:45 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

RE: Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite Deluxe Edition Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey J&E

Is the cd ready to order? Theres a link on the main page directing to the store and he link is attached to the CD?

Nato
05-28-2008 11:56 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

So what I'm hearing here is: Jerry is the celebrated Mr. Daniel Amos and his departure precipitated a name change, sort of like when Bachman-Turner Overdrive had to abbreviate to BTO once there were no longer any Bachmans in the group.

Lol, the only Bachman that wasn't in the group was Randy (not counting Tim). Robin and Fred never left - Robin owned the BTO logo, Randy owned the name.

DFBB, I'll have to think about this - I'm no longer the completist I was...

05-28-2008 13:35 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH