Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs on Route 66 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
well if you are coming to the santa monica pier show......we could see who's all going and have a burger bash.....errrr french dip bash before the show. so, who's in?

roll call time:

wes

I'm hoping to be there. I'm trying to schedule a business trip out there so that it is on the company. Maybe, I should add that to the prayer request thread.

Woo Hoo!!!! Looks like I get to book the trip today. So, I expect to be in Santa Monica for the show.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
09-03-2008 14:41 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

here's to the hope this tour results in a great new LD CD DVD etc.! Smile

i really liked DA's Songs of the Heart / When Everyone Wore Hats, although I was admittedly upset the first time I heard the LD version of Devil's Elbow (call me weird, i liked the WEWH simple version, 'K?) Smile

i hope in spite of the possibly reflective, warm, personal nature of the recording that they manage to kick some butt with some new tunes too! maybe they'll rock out after being on the road instead of collapsing? Smile

i dunno, i think my favorite dogs concerts live have been the acoustic ones from the period between Real Men Cry and Nazarene Crying Towel. (I never saw an early show - anything with Gene). maybe more acoustic could be really good too? Smile

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
09-03-2008 14:41 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi MF, welcome back. I was thinking of you guys yesterday.

09-03-2008 15:16 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ubique Epoque

thanks Red Face

probably won't be around much. it's been REALLY difficult lately. Frown
for more detail see bd's board in the prayer section, but what little i post is mostly at dorf's place, which is actually pretty civil.

i do miss some of the folk here (such as yourself) but just got tired of the overall atmosphere and figured the best thing to do was leave for a good while. the upcoming tour piqued my interest a little again.

i do hope some good things come of the tour and i am sad there are no options for t-shirts short of $50 or hoping for tour leftovers at some point. oh well, they are probably XL only anyways.

Got a few miles left ...

09-03-2008 15:30 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
oh well, they are probably XL only anyways.

Sadly, that 's the size of most of us fans...

09-04-2008 07:39 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ubique Epoque

they actually had a variety of sizes and styles on the lost cabin tour and i gladly bought one. i might've bought 2, but the greenish one they only had in M and XL i think (they were out of the L anyway).

Got a few miles left ...

09-04-2008 10:06 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

I went and read the prayer thread there MF and I'm with you brother, and with bereal. God grant you peace and wisdom.

09-04-2008 11:28 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Taking us back off topic Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I'm still a sucker for the Big Mac

Here's a story.

09-09-2008 15:52 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

09-09-2008 17:02 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Really, really makes me want to never eat a Big Mac again....

09-09-2008 18:01 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Where on Route 66 is this? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hint: it's in California Pleased

Another hint...this is what it looks like now:

OK, the second picture was taken a few miles down the road, but same "basic" location.

09-10-2008 12:33 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Question The Lost Dogs ~ ROUTE 66 - The Glory Road Tour Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
the upcoming tour piqued my interest a little again.

The Lost Dogs ~ ROUTE 66 - The Glory Road Tour
September 14-27, 2008
http://www.thelostdogs.com/shows.html

Starts Sunday in Chi-town...

Anyone HeRe catching the Lost Dogs on the Glory Road

09-10-2008 13:19 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I hope to, either in Holbrook, AZ on the 24th or at the Santa Monica Pier on the 27th.

I'm still waiting for that check to show up....

09-10-2008 13:26 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: The Lost Dogs ~ ROUTE 66 - The Glory Road Tour Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lur King
Anyone HeRe catching the Lost Dogs on the Glory Road

I will be at the Santa Monica show.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
09-10-2008 14:08 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

can't make it halfway or more across the country for a show. Frown

i just wish they were actually selling t-shirts on the site too. oh well, guess i'll wait and maybe buy a CD. Frown

Got a few miles left ...

09-10-2008 15:23 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

We typically only get tshirts after a tour is over. So, if there are any leftovers after the tour - they'll be available.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-10-2008 16:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

This is the location of the Holbrook, AZ show:

I'm a bit surprised they're bypassing Flagstaff.

09-10-2008 21:54 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
This is the location of the Holbrook, AZ show:

My Dad & I stopped off there when we were moving me from Illinois to L.A. 5 years ago. Saw a couple derelict Studebaker pickup trucks there that could have doubled for the one on the cover of Shotgun Angel.
09-10-2008 23:30 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

What was it like to sleep in a wigwam? Tongue

09-10-2008 23:42 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
What was it like to sleep in a wigwam? Tongue

We didn't actually stay there - it was just a quick breather stop for us to stretch our legs. We also stood on the corner in Winslow, Arizona. No flatbed Fords around, though.

The "wigwams", incidentally, are solid concrete. Not even remotely tent-like.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 09-11-2008 00:41.

09-11-2008 00:40 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH