Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Why'd the Lost Dogs summer tour get cancelled? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Why'd the Lost Dogs summer tour get cancelled?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Why'd the Lost Dogs summer tour get cancelled? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just recieved a myspace bulletin stating that the LD summer tour dates (with the exception of Cornerstone) were cancelled. Anyone know why?
06-04-2008 23:14 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Confused

06-04-2008 23:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Possibly because of this?

quote:
Once the Cornerstone dust has settled, Mike, Mark, and Bruce would like to continue their "Holy Ghost Building" tour on the West Coast/Pacific Northwest. Perspective show dates would begin July 11th, and end....??? For more information and to book the 77's, please contact jeffrey k. ASAP at booking@lo-fidelity.com

06-05-2008 10:11 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

RE: Why'd the Lost Dogs summer tour get cancelled? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by James
Just recieved a myspace bulletin stating that the LD summer tour dates (with the exception of Cornerstone) were cancelled. Anyone know why?

The short answer is that with the exception of one promoter, nobody booked them. I personally contacted over 200 promoters and venues and while there was a lot of interest, in the end only one promoter booked the band for a show in Kentucky.

As bleak as this all sounds, I think the main reason is that the economy is slow, gas prices are at an all time high, and the band isn't supporting a new record. The really good news though is that they have big plans for the fall and they will be touring again before too long.

jeffrey k.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by jeffrey k.: 06-05-2008 15:27.

06-05-2008 14:12 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

RE: Why'd the Lost Dogs summer tour get cancelled? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Boo boo boo"

06-05-2008 15:47 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:

The short answer is that with the exception of one promoter, nobody booked them. I personally contacted over 200 promoters and venues and while there was a lot of interest, in the end only one promoter booked the band for a show in Kentucky.

As bleak as this all sounds, I think the main reason is that the economy is slow, gas prices are at an all time high, and the band isn't supporting a new record. The really good news though is that they have big plans for the fall and they will be touring again before too long.

jeffrey k.

Wow, that is bleak. Look, I know they're not promoting new material, but only one taker? Yeesh!

"Oh, poopy."
06-05-2008 16:27 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:

jeffrey k.

Wow, that is bleak. Look, I know they're not promoting new material, but only one taker? Yeesh!

"Oh, poopy."

Well again, it wasn't for lack of interest. There were many promoters that wanted to do shows, but wanting to do a show, and putting up the $$ are two different animals. The guys simply can't afford to get in a van and play for the door...especially with gas prices. But again, there are big plans for the fall, and they will be out again soon.

jeffrey k.

06-05-2008 16:52 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

Let the Lord work it out.

Now, if I should win the lottery, welllll, it'll be on like Donkey Kong Tongue

06-05-2008 19:24 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
clipon clipon is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-05-2007

Ok..brilliant idea...get ready...are you ready? Huh? Yea? Ok...

I think the guys should record a soundtrack to the classic 80's movie 'Buckaroo Banzai' and go on tour with it.

So...what do you think? What...no? How come?
06-05-2008 22:08 clipon is offline Homepage of clipon Search for Posts by clipon Add clipon to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by clipon
Ok..brilliant idea...get ready...are you ready? Huh? Yea? Ok...

I think the guys should record a soundtrack to the classic 80's movie 'Buckaroo Banzai' and go on tour with it.

So...what do you think? What...no? How come?

I would buy seven copies, no hesitation.

Tongue
06-06-2008 13:20 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Jubilee50 Jubilee50 is a female
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-09-2008

Thumb Up! LD to do Buckaroo Banzai? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Buckaroo Banzai is the BOMB. I'd buy 10 copies, at least!

No, 20.
06-11-2008 00:55 Jubilee50 is offline Search for Posts by Jubilee50 Add Jubilee50 to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I am not even sure what "Buckaroo Banzai" means??? Confused

06-11-2008 01:28 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Tongue

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 06-11-2008 01:43.

06-11-2008 01:41 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

It means what it is.
06-11-2008 07:58 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:

It means what it is.

"no matter where you go...there you are"
Greatest single line in all of cinema.... Big Grin

06-11-2008 09:40 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Jubilee50 Jubilee50 is a female
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-09-2008

Allow me to enlighten Dr. Rich. It is this alternative/cult movie of the 80's called, "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension." It has Peter Weller, Ellen Barkin, Jeff Goldblum, Christopher Lloyd, and John Lithgow in it. It is a bunch of inspired looniness, just the stuff that people who love the Eddies would enjoy.

Rent it when you need some mindless entertainment. You will thank me.
06-11-2008 10:50 Jubilee50 is offline Search for Posts by Jubilee50 Add Jubilee50 to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

mindless entertainment?

being redundant again I see........................

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-11-2008 11:24 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Jubilee50
Allow me to enlighten Dr. Rich. It is this alternative/cult movie of the 80's called, "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension." It has Peter Weller, Ellen Barkin, Jeff Goldblum, Christopher Lloyd, and John Lithgow in it. It is a bunch of inspired looniness, just the stuff that people who love the Eddies would enjoy.

Okay! You talked me into it! Cool
Thanks!

06-11-2008 16:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jubilee50
Allow me to enlighten Dr. Rich. It is this alternative/cult movie of the 80's called,
"The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension." It has Peter Weller, Ellen Barkin, Jeff Goldblum, Christopher Lloyd, and John Lithgow in it.
It is a bunch of inspired looniness, just the stuff that people who love the Eddies would enjoy.

Okay! You talked me into it! Cool
Thanks!

oh, Great. MoRe inspired looniness for dennis

Well, that is all fine & GooD for Jubilee50 , wakachiwaka & ladrtrk55 etc. they all live at least a few States away...
but for us Minnesotans it's just like adding fuel to a already raging FiRe Tongue

06-12-2008 07:55 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

ok Lkr....

you pee for distance-
I'll pee for accuracy-

we'll douse that conflagration post haste!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-12-2008 12:19 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Why'd the Lost Dogs summer tour get cancelled?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH