Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » iAlarma! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page iAlarma!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

VH/Alarma Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dude! I graduated in '90 too. I didn't really like most of the new wave synth stuff then either, but for one reason or another at the time VH stood out.
I was more into the punk and metal scenes. I liked some the alternative stuff from the late 80's too. I'm a guitar player as I said before and I was OK with the syth stuff if I could also hear the guitar too. But with DA stuff the lyrric were so deep, and the melodies so quirky that I couldn't help but like it.
04-21-2008 23:32 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Life begins at conception. Arthritis begins at 40.

shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
04-22-2008 15:04 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by RoxxRegime
I've never even heard Vh or DFBB. Frown

Shocked

04-22-2008 16:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

VH cd's Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Radrockers.com has Vox Humana cd's for $10.....anyone know if these are legit? Don't know if they're the same as the one I bought from da.com 10 years ago.

Adam

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ahanson: 04-23-2008 10:09.

04-23-2008 10:08 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

RE: VH cd's Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ahanson
Radrockers.com has Vox Humana cd's for $10.....anyone know if these are legit? Don't know if they're the same as the one I bought from da.com 10 years ago.

It's hard to say. It's listed as a "CDR" and here's the blurb:

This is the third of four recordings comprising The Alarma Chronicles. Sadly the other three are currently unavailable, and we're rapidly running out of this one also. Vox Humana was originally released on Refuge Records in 1984, then re-issued several times in the 90s by Heartland and Pulse. Not much is known about Pulse. They appear to have been a division of a compnay called Alternative Music Group, but little is known about them either. Apparently when Refuge Records/Pure Metal Records went bankrupt, they either licensed or sold a bunch of their recordings to this new company formed by disgruntled former Refuge Records employees, who then created a new record label called Pulse. These copies were purchased from Pulse in 1999, but were manufactured using the old Refuge Records artwork. We realize that all this is confusing, thus this effort to clarify things. Apparently Pulse didn't want to spend the money to change the artwork, thus causing confusion in later years for collectors. Along with its predecessors Alarma and Doppelganger, these three recordings are the greatest examples in the history of CCM of 'sanctified weirdness.' It illustrates wonderfully Jesus' parable of the wineskins. The old, old story of the gospel must continually be handed from generation to generation in new wineskins, or the wine will spill and be lost. Long before Comedy Central, Daniel Amos (and their even zanier cousins The Swirling Eddies), were helping well educated believers yuck it up while swimming up the stream of popular culture. But it's not all yucks. Nuclear proliferation gets punked, a great Romantic poet is honored, and the closing track is a powerful reminder that the only safe refuge we have in this sin-wracked world is God. Songs include: 'Travelog,' 'Rocket Packs,' 'Home Permanent,' 'Sick,' 'William Blake,' 'Dance Stop,' 'Live and Let Live,' 'When Worlds Collide,' 'As the World Turns,' 'She's All Heart,' 'The Incredible Shrinking Man,' and 'Sanctuary.' 12 songs TT: 46:06 Going, going, almost gone.

04-23-2008 14:38 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Just a thought - even though it's unlikely we'll see the Alarma Bookset reprinted, individual CDs from the four albums aren't impossible. VH for $10 is clearly not (sniff sniff) springtime fresh, as Ebay often runs the price of originals way up there (even if it is a screwed up version).

Just hang in there. 'Sall I ask. You know the Band and the Audis want to do this. It's not like waiting for Steve Taylor to reissue "I Predict 1990" (it'll never happen, I tells ya).
04-23-2008 16:18 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The RadRockers Vox Humana CDRs are not legit. We have reports that they are extremely cheap and really crappy copies - and, of course, Terry doesn't see any of this money. Its been removed before and will be again... they seem very persistent in bootlegging this title (and a few others, actually).

We know who's bootlegging them and I wouldn't give them a dime of my hard earned money. I doubt anyone on this board would want to either.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-23-2008 18:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Not cool

04-23-2008 18:45 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

^ Your sig image is gone.

As of February 1st, 2008 the ImageStation online service is permanently closed. We sincerely appreciate the patronage of all our friends and members. Thank you for your support.

04-23-2008 18:49 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I know. I haven't done anything about it.

04-23-2008 19:02 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Pleased

04-23-2008 19:24 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
^ Your sig image is gone.

As of February 1st, 2008 the ImageStation online service is permanently closed. We sincerely appreciate the patronage of all our friends and members. Thank you for your support.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark

Just remove it, please! Happy

04-23-2008 19:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

Or add a pic of Dennis. Big Grin

04-23-2008 19:32 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

Or add a pic of Dennis. Big Grin

dennis has attached this image (reduced version):
dennisbeer2.jpg

04-23-2008 20:31 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
The RadRockers Vox Humana CDRs are not legit. We have reports that they are extremely cheap and really crappy copies - and, of course, Terry doesn't see any of this money. Its been removed before and will be again... they seem very persistent in bootlegging this title (and a few others, actually).

We know who's bootlegging them and I wouldn't give them a dime of my hard earned money. I doubt anyone on this board would want to either.

does it ship from michigan? Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

04-23-2008 20:35 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

well lets be a bt more fair-

in that I dont blame Radrockers at this point. They are doing their best explaining what happened- and are not to charge (in my view)

Terry doesnt get ANY MONEY from radrockers for anything they sell- NO artist does- and I would think that unless they sold TO Radrockers direct- they get no money from the purchasing Radrockers does.

Radrockers has the connections to buy after market CDS- the original artists would nt see any of that money wouldn't they??
The "Legit" label falls off the map by the time you see it at Radrockers. Unless they are peddling it directly through Pulse (or whoever) they are buying things that the artist is out of the loop on.

If you went after Pulse now- theyd be worth less scratch than - well than Old Scratch himself. (now)

My two cents

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-23-2008 21:04 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Its not "Pulse" doing it.

I really have no clue why they're choosing to get hooked up with someone doing this. These are newly bootlegged.. the same person is bootlegging a few other titles as well, including "demos" from a certain artist that is completely horrified that they're being sold at all. Out of all of these newly bootlegged titles, Vox was the only one that was originally released on Pulse. Las I looked, they all give a similar story of "these copies were bought up when so-and-so went out of business, bla, bla, bla."

Its true that the band doesn't see money from much of the old material that is sold.. but, if it was a legitimate release, they would receive royalties (at least, in theory). I mean, even the old KMG or BEC titles that are bought up are generating some kind of royalties - at least originally. And, as you say, anything the artist sells to them is making money for the band.. which we've done in the past. No one is legitimately making money off of these bootlegs.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-23-2008 21:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

So, what this all boils down to is...

It's gonna be a LOOOONG time before I'll ever hear Vox Humana Frown
04-23-2008 21:09 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
Administrator

Not necessarily.

04-23-2008 21:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Sad and pathetic about the bootleggers.....I know I'll buy another copy of it from the band if it's re-released with bonus tracks, liner notes, rocket packs, etc.....

Adam

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Its not "Pulse" doing it.

I really have no clue why they're choosing to get hooked up with someone doing this. These are newly bootlegged.. the same person is bootlegging a few other titles as well, including "demos" from a certain artist that is completely horrified that they're being sold at all. Out of all of these newly bootlegged titles, Vox was the only one that was originally released on Pulse. Las I looked, they all give a similar story of "these copies were bought up when so-and-so went out of business, bla, bla, bla."

Its true that the band doesn't see money from much of the old material that is sold.. but, if it was a legitimate release, they would receive royalties (at least, in theory). I mean, even the old KMG or BEC titles that are bought up are generating some kind of royalties - at least originally. And, as you say, anything the artist sells to them is making money for the band.. which we've done in the past. No one is legitimately making money off of these bootlegs.
04-23-2008 22:32 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » iAlarma!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH