Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » iAlarma! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page iAlarma!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oops! Sorry, I missed your first post asking about my music.

Sure, man. I've played in a handful of bands over the years. My industrial project, Angry Little Freak, got good reviews in Heaven's Metal magazine a few years back. I was also in a retro metal band called Holy Riot that did pretty well.

I'm currently working on a bluesy rock solo album, a la Tom Petty, Springsteen, Larry Norman, etc.

I also have an instructional guitar package in the works, and I just recorded an instrumental CD that is part of the package. The package isn't available yet (see? this isn't spam -- I'm don't even have anything for sale right now :0) You can check out a couple of the instrumental tracks, plus a track by my old metal band, Asphyxia, at www.myspace.com/iankeithhafnermusic or check out more about my music at www.iankeithhafner.com

Sorry guys -- I wouldn't normally post that here, but since ya asked! Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by RoxxRegime: 04-17-2008 20:12.

04-17-2008 20:11 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

YES WE DID!

eer - I mean - Yes I did.
Cool

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-17-2008 22:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

licks galore!
like what I"m hearin.
Neon Lights and Summer Girl-
two nice jangle rock tracks.

theres a bit o mxpx goin on there.

nice chops
Cool

(I'm way to old to try to learn to play that stuff..thou its in my head always)

04-17-2008 22:41 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by colorblind
I've got fancy keyboard skillz!!!!
And for the record, I don't feel too young myself...I turn 30 this year!

Shocked

30s when life begins, dude! Wink

i feel old when i go to work and realize the kids that are home from college working were born in 1989, the year before i graduated. Shocked

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
04-18-2008 01:28 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

I HAVE to do this.....please don't take offence, but from the first time you put up your new image with Derri this thought came to mind...and then one day Photoshop did the rest....

wayneb has attached this image (reduced version):
derriandme.jpg

www.smashthatcomputer.com
04-18-2008 04:43 wayneb is offline Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
Originally posted by wayneb
I HAVE to do this.....please don't take offence, but from the first time you put up your new image with Derri this thought came to mind...and then one day Photoshop did the rest....

dude!!! that's hysterical!

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

04-18-2008 05:05 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

The thing about Alarma is that it signified an end to the lush, formative period of DA still influenced by the need to chill out for older listeners. I love songs like "I Believe In You" and darn near all of half of Shotgun Angel, but it's clear they're a step away from where the rest of the recording's going.

Alarma is all focus. Even when it goes a little pretty, it's going with rough edges and a welcomed uneasiness. "Walls Of Doubt" actually fit with tunes like the title track and "Colored By" rather than sounding like they're from different albums.

On Alarma, Terry tightened up the band's focus and everything got really consistent.
04-18-2008 05:58 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by colorblind
I've got fancy keyboard skillz!!!!
And for the record, I don't feel too young myself...I turn 30 this year!

Shocked

30s when life begins, dude! Wink

i feel old when i go to work and realize the kids that are home from college working were born in 1989, the year before i graduated. Shocked

Uh... Life begins as 40? Confused

I hope? Confused Confused Confused

Pleased

04-18-2008 06:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
The thing about Alarma is that it signified an end to the lush, formative period of DA still influenced by the need to chill out for older listeners. I love songs like "I Believe In You" and darn near all of half of Shotgun Angel, but it's clear they're a step away from where the rest of the recording's going.

Alarma is all focus. Even when it goes a little pretty, it's going with rough edges and a welcomed uneasiness. "Walls Of Doubt" actually fit with tunes like the title track and "Colored By" rather than sounding like they're from different albums.

On Alarma, Terry tightened up the band's focus and everything got really consistent.

Yeah, it's like the first three records they are getting ready to leave,
and with iAlarma! they are going somewhere.
The road trip has started! Pleased

04-18-2008 06:19 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by wayneb

that was an HONEST TO GOD Laugh out loud!!!!!!!!!

04-18-2008 08:20 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
almost nobody is good enough to record without a click, and have a loop laid over it, and it line up.

Except, I've heard, Charlie Watts from the Rolling Stones, who apparently is metronome perfect.

Although he does play his snare without playing his hi-hat. I was mesmerized the first time I saw this. You drummers hopefully know what I mean by that.

Now, I do it a lot of the time.

Does it say something about DA's fan base that many of us are not-very-well-known musicians? I think we should form a band.

quote:
btw- Markymark- bragging up recording stuff hes not letting us hear either..

You can hear it here: The Double Downbeats

I've got three songs up. "Change Me" is still a little rough, but the other two I really dig. I hope you guys do, too! It's all me playing everything, for better or worse. Give "Human Zoo" a little time to kick in. See, this is why I don't share about my music. I feel like I have to write a book with exceptions and excuses! I believe it's called insecurity!

And so we don't totally hijack this thread: iAlarma! rules!!!!!!! (or so I've heard)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 04-18-2008 09:32.

04-18-2008 09:29 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

who you calling not-very-well-known?

there are gold album selling folks here! (not me... but there are!)

jiminy is world famous (up north to down south.. that's the world, yes) DW too...... and wes... who has a new CD coming out someday?

eddie and mike have been in jimmy buffett videos! (in addition to making some VERY cool music of their own)

we've all been on nationally released CD's! (maybe international... how far does the dork ship?)

watch it there, whippersnapper!!

Big Grin Big Grin

i kid, i kid... though there are some amazingly talented people here......were we inspired by terry to play, or drawn to terry/da/lost dogs because we play?

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 04-18-2008 09:53.

04-18-2008 09:47 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
were we inspired by terry to play, or drawn to terry/da/lost dogs because we play?

And write songs, too. I'm guessing that many of us write songs, and appreciate/are inspired by Terry's work.

quote:
watch it there, whippersnapper!!

Sorry! It's just the indiscretion of youth! Big Grin

quote:
how far does the dork ship?)

I almost made it on the last compilation he did. But, my hard drive died, and my brilliant version of "In The Distance" was lost to the ages. My path to superstardom was forever diverted!

04-18-2008 10:22 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
wes... who has a new CD coming out someday?

i've reluctant to say anything but.............someday very soon. Smile the mix is being finished and then mastered. think, late june. Smile

04-18-2008 12:20 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

all these delays!!!!!!

i want my pre-order money back!!!!!

o wait... never mind...... Big Grin

04-18-2008 12:57 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
all these delays!!!!!!

i want my pre-order money back!!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

quote:

o wait... never mind...... Big Grin

Tongue Wink

bobd

04-18-2008 14:45 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know there is a joke in there, but I don't get it?

Wink
04-18-2008 17:40 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ubique Epoque

Hey! I want some too! Pleased

04-18-2008 18:34 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

me three!

04-19-2008 22:17 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

You can hear it here: The Double Downbeats

I've got three songs up. "Change Me" is still a little rough, but the other two I really dig. I hope you guys do, too! It's all me playing everything, for better or worse. Give "Human Zoo" a little time to kick in. See, this is why I don't share about my music. I feel like I have to write a book with exceptions and excuses! I believe it's called insecurity!

And so we don't totally hijack this thread: iAlarma! rules!!!!!!! (or so I've heard)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK - it doesnt really sound like iAlarma! (there- I'm on topic too!)

this is good stuff MM- nice vocals- and mix of instrumentation...(multi talented he is
sort of a southern (ILLinoise?) noise.
Reminds me of a Dogs VOL etc...style (sort of) ..

04-19-2008 22:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » iAlarma!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH