Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour 2008 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour 2008
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour 2008 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lo-Fidelity Presents:

Mike Roe - The "John The Baptist" tour, 2008. Please join us as "Mike tours to prepare the way for the 77's..."
We are happy to announce that Mike will make a brief solo return to the road, playing both acoustic and electric, to debut material from the soon to be released new 77's recording featuring their take on some very elderly (and recent) obscure (and familiar) American blues/gospel/bluegrass tunes. Mike had this to say about the tour:

"I am excited to try and play as much of the new album as I can so folks can get an idea of the kinds of songs we did and how we did 'em. Since everyone has been waiting for two years to hear this, hopefully my little recital will be a fun appetizer while we're all waiting for the main course. Mmmmmmm......such a tasty treat!"

Here are the dates:

Friday, April 11, 2008
BACKTHIRD AUDIO (www.backthird.com)
w/ special guest Noah Riemer, formerly of Ticklepenny Corner. (www.myspace.com/noahriemer)
67 S. Stolp Ave.
Aurora Illinois 60506
Tickets are $10 (plus a $1 per tix paypal fee) - tickets must be purchased in advance.
Your "ticket" is your paypal confirmation email. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Doors open: 7:00pm
Showtime: 7:30pm
This concert is being held in the "live room" of the studio at BackThird Audio in downtown Aurora. There is a 50 seat capacity for the concert.
Please note, we are also planning a "potluck style" dessert with Mike and Noah that will be held directly following the concert in the studio lounge. If you are willing and able, we would love it if those in attendance would bring a dessert to share with everyone who attends the concert. Coffee, bottled water, and soft drinks will be provided by Lo-Fidelity Records. If you can, please plan on staying and enjoying a time of food and conversation after the show.
For more info and to purchase tickets, please visit: www.lo-fidelity.com/roeshow

Saturday, April 12, 2008
OASIS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP (www.oasisindiana.org)
1515 N 2nd St.
Vincennes, IN. 47591
Tickets are $5 - (However, the show is open to all regardless of ability to pay. No one will be turned away for an inability to purchase a ticket.)
Doors open: 7:30pm
Showtime: 8:00pm
For more info, please contact: feavel@feavel-law.com
Please title your email "ROE SHOW INFO"

Sunday, April 13, 2008
HOUSE SHOW - EAST NASHVILLE TN. w/ special guests, The Wayside.
This concert will be an afternoon house show held at the home of John & Michelle Thompson.
There is a 30 seat capacity for this concert...and is by reservation only.
Tickets are a $20 "donation" with 100% of the proceeds to go to Mike Roe. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Doors open: 2:00pm
Showtime: 2:30pm
To reserve a seat for the show and purchase your ticket, please contact erin@gyroscopearts.com
Erin will provide a paypal address to purchase your ticket(s) and will provide further info as to the exact location of the concert. When contacting Erin, please use the subject: MIKE ROE HOUSE SHOW

Monday, April 14, 2008 -
LITCHFIELD FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH - LITCHFIELD IL. (southwestern Il.)
608 N Van Buren
Litchfield , IL 62056
Tickets: Please make a donation at the show.
For more info on the show, please contact Cliff Woodman at: cliffwoodman@mac.com
When contacting Cliff, please use the subject: "MIKE ROE SHOW"

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 -
CHRIST CHURCH - MAPLEWOOD MO. (Concert sponsored by www.77s.com)
7126 Bruno Ave.
Maplewood, MO. 63143
Tickets are $10 at the door.
For more info on the show, please contact Brian Quincy Newcomb at pastor@maplewooducc.org
Please title your email "ROE SHOW INFO"

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 -
CHESTERFIELD VILLAGE CLUBHOUSE - SPRINGFIELD, MO.
2326 W Westview,
Springfield, MO, 65807
There is a 35 seat capacity for this concert...and is by reservation only.
Tickets are $20, in advance by paypal. Send ticket payments to Bret Chrismer at paypal@bscenterprises.com.
For more info on the show, please contact Bret Chrismer at bchrismer@sbcglobal.net. Please title your email "ROE SHOW INFO"

Thursday, April 17, 2008 -
DRUG STORE - ROCK ISLAND IL.
This show has very limited seating available, and is by reservation only. Please contact Jim Perry at jperry68@mchsi.com for more info on cost, showtime, and venue location. Please title your email: "ROE SHOW INFO"

Thanks again for supporting Mike, the 77's, and independent music. We hope to see you at the shows...

jeffrey k.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by jeffrey k.: 04-02-2008 12:09.

04-01-2008 22:47 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When is he coming to Club 3 Degrees Minneapolis? Confused Pleased Cool Confused

04-02-2008 04:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

Hopefully when the 77's tour...

jeffrey k.

04-02-2008 08:57 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If Mike's going to use that tour title, I say he should really do it right: Nothing but locusts and honey to eat for the entire tour.
04-02-2008 14:31 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:

jeffrey k.

Sweet! I'm there! Pleased

04-02-2008 16:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

quote:
Originally posted by James
If Mike's going to use that tour title, I say he should really do it right: Nothing but locusts and honey to eat for the entire tour.

don't forget the hair shirt Confused

04-02-2008 18:58 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

quote:
Originally posted by ladrtrk55
quote:
Originally posted by James

don't forget the hair shirt Confused

I was going to move on to "proper attire", but my mind refused.
04-02-2008 20:19 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

If you are going to "do it right" then you need to go 100%! Tongue

04-02-2008 21:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 02-07-2003

Yeah, like a loin cloth or the modern day version...Borat's man-kini!

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Change the passage of light
Gravity and distance
Change the color of right

04-03-2008 09:42 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Boo. Jersey's dissed again.
04-03-2008 15:10 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.
Tour Starts Tonight! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just a quick reminder that the Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour starts tonight! Please note that there is still limited seating available for the Aurora, Nashville, Springfield, and Rock Island concerts. All other concerts will have tickets available at the door.

With that in mind, Lo-Fidelity Records is offering 2 complimentary sets of tickets, 2 tickets in each set, for anyone who would like to come to the Aurora IL. show this evening. If you are interested, and 100% sure you can come, please contact jeffrey k. @ jeffrey@lo-fidelity.com before 2pm today for details on getting your free tickets.

We are also thrilled to announce that as an added bonus to each of these concerts, the 77's have agreed to allow their newly recorded album to be played over the PA after Mike finishes his set. If you can make it to a show, please plan on sticking around to chat with Mike and hear the new record! (The album will not be for sale...this is just a sneak preview!)

jeffrey k.

04-11-2008 12:07 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

thanks to jeffrey k. and the other show sponsors Pleased

too bad it's halfway across the country for us Crying

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-11-2008 14:48 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Late notice? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jeffrey, sorry, I only wish I had seen this earlier, I'm about 75 minutes away.

Was this announced a while ago? I really needed a lot more advanced notice...
Crying

04-11-2008 15:09 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

some love for the boiz! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I gotta say the 7's are (like for many of you) one of the primary bands that play the soundtrack for my life...

I give some love to them here

Check out the youtube at the bottom of my blog post.

dit, dit, doo
04-16-2008 14:24 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
quote:

jeffrey k.

I READ THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-16-2008 16:18 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

AND HEADS WILL ROLL IF IT DOES NOT HAPPEN !

(Or ..well- I'll be somewhat disappointed...
or maybe..somewhere in between?)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-16-2008 16:20 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
quote:
quote:

jeffrey k.

I READ THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pleased

04-27-2008 07:47 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mike Roe "John The Baptist" tour 2008

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH