Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, this excellent album was produced by Terry Taylor and most of DA played as Randy's band. I love this album, but it's never been released on CD. Does anyone know why? I've tried emailing Word (who I believe owns the masters) but never heard back. I sure wish they'd re-release it!
04-01-2008 19:37 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Word was sold many times. I think they are controlled by Time-Warner now. They could not care less if it's ever released.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jyroflux: 04-01-2008 19:40.

04-01-2008 19:40 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are 2 Randy Stonehill albums that were never released on CD. I can't remember which two, but this was probably one of the two.

I heard that the original tapes of both of the Stonehill albums were either lost or destroyed. I don't remember where I heard that.

04-01-2008 19:45 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I heard that the original tapes of both of the Stonehill albums were either lost or destroyed. I don't remember where I heard that.

Shocked Shocked Crying I HOPE your heard wrong!

04-01-2008 19:50 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

04-01-2008 20:34 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I heard that as well, but I also heard someone say it was wrong. It may be that at this point nobody knows for sure.

I had read a year or so ago that Christian Discs had secured the rights to reissue those two albums on CD but it never seemed to materialize.

When we worked with Randy and Ray Ware on UncleStonehill.com, Ray seemed to have the direction to move forward for new projects and was not entirely interested in the old stuff. Terry said Randy has a ton of unreleased tapes as well that are just sitting there, and that was unfortunate.

With the internet, it seems best to offer as much as you possibly can. The websites we have been involved in have been financially successful directly in proportion to how many products offered. Unclestonehill.com dried up almost entirely, and I believe what may have helped keep it going would of been more Randy product in the store.. even if that was old reissues and or live performances and unreleased track compilations.

04-01-2008 20:46 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

There is a lot old Randy Stonehill I would like to own on disc.

It's a shame there really is "no sense of history."

Frown

04-01-2008 20:55 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yes it is. I do know Terry has a set of old Randy Stonehill concert reels marked "for a possible live album" on the boxes... maybe we should give Ray Ware an email or call. I would be into working on getting something out, but again I am not sure if they would be into it.

04-01-2008 21:01 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

That would be so cool. At least give it a shot.

04-01-2008 21:03 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by RoxxRegime
! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That would be awesome! I'd love a live album... I'd also love to see reissues.

Whatever the financial/contractual situation, Larry's re-releases of Welcome to Paradise and The Sky Is Falling were very well done (with the exception of removing Jon Linn's solo on "Counterfeit King").
04-01-2008 21:41 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

ChristianDiscs did reissue Stonehill's "Street Tunes" EP, perhaps it did not sell enough copies to continue doing reissues ?

a live album/rare tracks/reissue would be awesome indeed!
04-02-2008 04:31 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Perhaps ChristianDiscs was limited in the number of copies they could reissue? Confused

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-02-2008 04:48.

04-02-2008 04:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah its hard to say, I know it was advertised poorly.

The Reissue of "Sky Is Falling" was similar to the reissues of "Horrendous Disc", its like partially the Canadian, Partially the US and Partially the UK version, even though its claimed to be otherwise. Its been said that on the reissue of "Sky Is Falling" that Larry actually upped his own backing vocals somewhat. Although that may be an issue of using the wrong master which has often been the case.

04-02-2008 09:09 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

BTGATF
I would say (off the cuff)
is my favorite Uncle Randy Work.
Its got it all- rock- pop- folk- Psychadelia, adn just a sweet sound

Equator is second-

I had them way back when - dubbed from a Public LIbrary LP..

and ony discovered they were TST produced a few years back.
Terry brought out the best in RS Sound (IMHO)..and the times had an excitement you can hear .

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-02-2008 09:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

DA is in the video made for "Between The Glory And The Flame" for the song "Die Young".

04-02-2008 09:11 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

is that available in any form??
never saw it.
(love the song too!)

04-02-2008 09:26 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

Unless someone knows something I don't (always a possibility), there are actually three Stonehill albums that haven't been released on CD:

- Between The Glory And The Flame ('81)
- Equator ('83)
- Celebrate This Heartbeat ('84)
04-02-2008 09:50 ftg3plus4 is online Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Heartbeat is another of my faves..

sigh my casssette got eaten lonig ago

04-02-2008 09:53 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I just acquired
The Sky is Falling-

neat! -
one of the Xtra tracks
Postcards from the Heart
was done on BTGATF - as
Letter to My Family.
(the xtra strings et all are beautiful.....)

04-02-2008 10:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
is that available in any form??
never saw it.
(love the song too!)

FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE ..
(less TST I c)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9_MQRdDNk

04-02-2008 11:42 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH