Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Startin' Monday » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Startin' Monday
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Startin' Monday Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I preached out of Matthew 2:13-23 today, the story of the flight to Egypt. I called it The Amazing Race. I then challenged our people to enter the race in 2008. Things were tough for the young Christ and his family. Joseph and Mary met the challenge, did not put things off, and dealt with the dark side of Christmas, Herod.

I then closed the service by playing Startin' Monday. I talked about not putting things off for a "resolution," but living life daily in the race.

I had more questions about the song than I did my sermon! Two people were visiting from the mainland. They have lost extreme amounts of weight over the years (hundreds of pounds). The lady wanted all of the information of where to get the song. She indicated that she was going to try to use in in the weight loss clinic she runs. I passed all Audiori information on to her. I just thought it was cool.

We are a small congregation, 82 in attendance today. A man came up and said, "I saw Daniel Amos and Randy Stonehill in concert at my college. I didn't know Terry Taylor was still making music." He took down the information too.

Just some lost comments from a lurker.

12-30-2007 22:57 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Happy

Good comments lurker.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-30-2007 23:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! A big howdy and Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello Monty!

12-31-2007 07:24 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey! Cool story! Cool

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-04-2008 03:18 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have often preached using phrases or songs from Terry. He gives some great insight into my sermon creation. This reminds me of a book project I would like to edit someday--sermons inspired by the songs of Terry Scott Taylor. If anyone wants to contribute to such a project let me know. Maybe it is time to start exploring this tribute to the inspirations given by Terry.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
01-04-2008 10:51 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

its a great song.

I first stole it the Sunday after the first time I saw Terry (the AF tour with Phil M)

and have sung it more than a few times since. its a great all around tune for a mixed (non churchie) audience.

One person commented on its "dated" feel- in that Terry mentions "rewinding the tape".....in 10 more years no one will know what that meant.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
01-04-2008 12:16 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

oh

and HEY MONTY!!!!!!!!!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
01-04-2008 12:16 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
revrogers revrogers is a male
Normal Noggin

images/avatars/avatar-299.jpg

Registration Date: 03-07-2007

Several years back I preached a sermon titled "When Everyone Wore Hats"

The congregation was primarily made up of those of the WWII generation.

I'll need to explore my files to find what the sermon points were.

David Rogers

01-19-2008 20:59 revrogers is offline Send an Email to revrogers Search for Posts by revrogers Add revrogers to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I did one based upon Staggering Gods once.

01-19-2008 21:24 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

If I get the youth pastor job I'm applying for, I promise to use some Terry Taylor in my teaching. Then I can contribute to this sermon book project.
01-19-2008 22:45 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

One person commented on its "dated" feel- in that Terry mentions "rewinding the tape".....in 10 more years no one will know what that meant.

I always think "reel to reel" tape, so I'm really outdated! Shocked

01-20-2008 01:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Startin' Monday

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH