Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New 77's & Lost Dogs release info » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 77's & Lost Dogs release info
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

New 77's & Lost Dogs release info Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lo-Fidelity is proud to announce new releases in time for the Christmas holiday. All the info can be found in this message, and by tomorrow, Nov.30, 2007, all the sites will be ready to take your orders!

The 77's "99"
The 77's & Lo-Fidelity Records present: The 77's, "99".

Recorded in St. Louis MO. by Steve Griffith (Vector) for the 1999 "EP" release, this live CD features a rare glimpse at this great band at the peak of the tour. (The band for this tour was Mike Roe, Mark Harmon, Bruce Spencer, and Scott Reams.) Mike had this to say about the recording:

"When Lo-Fidelity approached us about releasing a live album from our last tour (in 1999) to create a latter-day bookend to our much revered (and long out of print) live album from 1988 called "88", I was dubious. "Well, that's mostly gonna be a crappy album. I have complete recordings of most of the shows on that tour and I don't recall hearing anything I'd want to release!" The keyword here is "most", because when Lo-Fi sent me a copy of this wonderful concert from old pal Brian Quincy-Newcomb's Christ Church basement in St. Louis, MO, I was surprised at not only how good it was, but also by the song selection. I had totally forgotten that we'd even played some of these songs in concert, and it was a delight to hear them again. This album does indeed make a nice bookend to our old "88" album, not only because of the title and identical cover concept, but also because it is remarkably similar in its energy. It's proof positive that 1990's version of the band had a dynamic adventurous spirit that gave us a willingness to stretch out and expand our material in the same kinds of ways that the old-time original 77's from the 80's did. I highly recommend it to both our longtime hardcore fans and to any friends we picked up along the way in the 1990's and later. It's surprisingly fresh sounding even though it's been under wraps for eight years. What else can I say -- it rocks. Hard." - Mike Roe

The track list for this release is as follows:

Blue Sky
Flowers In The Sand
Outskirts
The Boat Ashore
The Stellazine Prophecy
The Best I Have
Blood And Roses/Pearls Before Swine
Snowblind
(total track time: 47 min)
Price - $15.00 (plus shipping)

The Lost Dogs, "We Like To Have Christmas".
The Lost Dogs, Fools Of The World, & Lo-Fidelity Records present: The Lost Dogs, "We Like To Have Christmas".

For years,The Lost Dogs have wanted to release an entire Christmas album especially for our fans. Finally, we present to you "We Like To Have Christmas", a Yuletide album for the entire family. This light-hearted collection of modern holiday tunes and traditional carols is fashioned after the old cornball Christmas record albums our parents bought on the cheap in places like grocery stores and discount department CD bins. We sincerely hope that it will bring you and your family much joy this holiday season as well as in all the Christmases to come. It Includes several tracks originally featured on Terry Taylor's "Songs For The Day After Christmas", now re-imagined and re-recorded by the Lost Dogs, a couple "long out of print" specials, and surprise cameo appearances from Gene Eugene, Riki Michelle, Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor and others. This is a holiday album you won't want to miss!

The track list for this release is as follows:

The Chipmunk Song
Song For The Day After Christmas
Here Comes Santa Claus/Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
Babe In The Straw
Plastic Baby Jesus
Big Fruitcake From Hell
O Holy Night
Silent Night
White Christmas
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Price - $15.00 (plus shipping)

Order your copy online from www.thelostdogs.com and www.lo-fidelity.com between November 30 and December 16 and be automatically entered into a random drawing for 1 of 3 limited edition Lost Dogs snow-globes!!! I winner will be randomly selected from each store on December 17 with the winner to be announced online December 18. (One additional snow globe will travel with the band on their upcoming tour!) Due to USPS/UPS liquid shipping restrictions, offer only valid for US residents.

The Lost Dogs ....Via Chicago... (DVD re-release)

Originally released in 2003, this limited edition (50 copies) re-release chronicles the band's Chicago 2002 fall concert weekend. The 13 track live concert performance features songs from every stage of the Dog's career, including tracks from the then recently released Nazarene Crying Towel. Shot in both color and black & white film, this three (3) camera shoot features an extraordinary show from every angle. This is the Lost Dogs, up close and personal, like you've never seen them before. Band interviews and Chicago footage are woven in to the tapestry of the show. This professionally produced and edited DVD (jeffrey k., Generation One, Chicago, IL) showcases not only the Dogs in concert, but also includes the following Special Features:

Additional Individual (Roe, Taylor and Daugherty) and full Band interviews;

Bonus solo performances from Mike, Terry, and Derri;
A Photo gallery/slide show of still concert footage (shot by Dinah Kotthoff);
Stereo and 5.1 Dolby surround sound options;
Bonus band commentary audio tracks;
Format: NTSC/Region Free.

A Certain Love
Free Drinks And A Dream (A Vegas Story)
The Wall Of Heaven
If You Loved Here, You'd Be Home By Now
In The Distance
The Great Divide
Wild Ride
Moses In The Desert
Bad Indigestion
Why Is The Devil Red?
Honeysuckle Breeze
Breathe Deep
Joel

Price - $20.00 (plus shipping)
Limited Edition to 50 copies. **Please note, this is a Lo-Fidelity exclusive.**

The Lost Dogs ...Via Chicago... (All We Left Unsaid)

This limited edition DVD/CD set (1000 copies) is the sequel to the first "Via Chicago" DVD, which was originally released in 2003. Like the original, the footage is presented in both black & white and color and features the 6 songs left off of the original DVD as well as previously unreleased Lost Dogs interview and Chicago footage.

- Please note, this DVD is NOT a re-release of the original DVD...this is entirely new music and footage!! -

...Via Chicago... (All We Left Unsaid) has been edited in similar fashion as the original, making for both a touching and entertaining DVD release. As with the original, we are happy to offer a bonus audio CD of the featured songs on the DVD.

"This DVD is a very sweet companion to our wonderful `Via Chicago' DVD from a few years back. Unlike many typical sequels released as an afterthought in the wake of a successful hit, this newly discovered material from the same Chicago concert is rich in song and banter from one of our most memorable tours, bringing a smile to my face with every viewing. No Lost Dogs fan should be without it!"
—Mike Roe

"A beautiful follow-up to the original `Via Chicago'. Every Lost Dogs fan should own this DVD."
—Derri Daugherty

"I must say that I was unexpectedly charmed and delighted by the `all we left unsaid' DVD. Until late last year I didn't even know there was additional footage from the Chicago show, so it was a real surprise to discover that the performances were immensely enjoyable and in some ways surpass the stuff on the first disc. What I really loved, however, were the interviews—they're relaxed, funny and introspective. But above all I think the respect and love we have for one another peeks through, and I must admit I got a little teary-eyed watching it. It would be a shame if the fans miss this one because it really is a little gem."
—Terry Taylor

The DVD features the following:

5.1 surround sound
Format: NTSC/Region Free

Track listing:
Rebbecca Go Home
Dust On the Bible
Three Legged Dog
Real Men Cry
Be My Hiding Place
Golden Dreams

Price - for the month of December, www.thelostdogs.com and www.lo-fidelity.com is featuring this CD/DVD set for the LOW price of $6.00 plus shipping. Lost Dogs tour prices will not reflect this sale. Get this DVD set while you can!

For those on the West Coast, be sure an catch the Lost Dogs on their Christmas tour. All the dates can be found at www.thelostdogs.com

As always, thank you for your support. May you all have a safe and happy Christmas.

jeffrey k.
support independent music
www.lo-fidelity.com

11-29-2007 22:26 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jeffrey-

Bless you..my Christmas order wil be forthcoming tomorrow.

The best of Christmas to you and Dinah..its brighter with independent music.
Cool

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
11-29-2007 22:58 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I ordered.
You've got the best products, jeffrey k.
Cool

God bless us every one.

11-30-2007 01:14 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

can we get a pic of the snow globe?

and does theo get an extra shot at it? Big Grin

<edit> isn't dan michaels a snow globe freak too?

collector, i meant. Wink

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 11-30-2007 07:19.

11-30-2007 07:19 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

audiori has attached this image (reduced version):
snow-globe2.jpg

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-30-2007 08:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

sweet!

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

11-30-2007 10:35 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

you rock, jeffrey k.! guess we better get our christmas gift priorities in order pronto! Cool Pleased

i used to collect snow globes, but I gave or threw a box of them away. i thought too late that I should have shipped them to Dan. Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-30-2007 11:13 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

does it have a musicbox in the base too?

Got a few miles left ...

11-30-2007 11:16 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

RE: New 77's & Lost Dogs release info Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

Order your copy online from www.thelostdogs.com and www.lo-fidelity.com between November 30 and December 16 and be automatically entered into a random drawing for 1 of 3 limited edition Lost Dogs snow-globes!!! I winner will be randomly selected from each store on December 17 with the winner to be announced online December 18. (One additional snow globe will travel with the band on their upcoming tour!) Due to USPS/UPS liquid shipping restrictions, offer only valid for US residents.

Wah! boo hoo!

11-30-2007 14:26 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

.....what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
11-30-2007 14:31 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

You're killing me. You know that, right? Like, muerte? Like Black Flag kills bugs, boom, dead, an S.C. Johnson company?

Fine. 77s this week, and Dogs next week. And I still haven't gotten the latest DA and 77s DVDs.

If Santa was real, I'd have asked him for those.
11-30-2007 20:36 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Put my name in the draw, its okay with me, I'm sure someone here would gladly smuggle it across the border for me.

11-30-2007 23:18 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:

Not sure. Do you know Jeffrey?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-04-2007 18:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry I missed the question the other day...

No, no music box. But it is a potential bomb.

Mike called me today and told me to Snowglobe I brought the band over the weekend was confiscated by Homeland Security at the airport. They won't give it back either. Mike said he had it in his carry-on, and because it is filled with liquid, they took it! It's so stupid, it's funny. So I will have to make another and send it to them!

jeffrey k.

12-04-2007 19:33 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike called me today and told me to Snowglobe I brought the band over the weekend was confiscated by Homeland Security at the airport. They won't give it back either. Mike said he had it in his carry-on, and because it is filled with liquid, they took it! It's so stupid, it's funny. So I will have to make another and send it to them!

jeffrey k.

i sure feel safer now! Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

12-05-2007 10:24 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

jeffrey k.

the agent was a fan?

12-05-2007 10:56 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Administrator

Back when we sold the 77s lighters, we could never ship them with lighter fluid inside of them. That actually sort of made sense. I guess you don't want a mailbag going up in flames in the middle of arizona or someplace.

But.. this makes me curious.. what is snowglobe juice?

12-05-2007 18:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

So far as I know, "snowglobe juice" is just de-ionized water.
12-05-2007 19:00 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Now i just feel let down. Frown

12-05-2007 19:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Fine. Fine. If you must know... Liquefied C-4 explosive, and the globe shell, when cracked, can be deadly, razor-like shivs with which to shank your most fearsome foe.

Now that's just silly.
12-05-2007 19:43 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New 77's & Lost Dogs release info

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH