Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » earthquake in the bay area... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page earthquake in the bay area...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

earthquake in the bay area... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

anyone talk to terry last night? he's near san jose now, right?

Moderate earthquake shakes San Francisco

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — A magnitude-5.6 earthquake shook the San Francisco Bay area Tuesday night, rattling homes and nerves, but there were no immediate reports of serious damage or injuries.
The moderate temblor struck shortly after 8 p.m., about 9 miles northeast of San Jose, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. Residents reported feeling the quake as far east as Sacramento and as far north as Sonoma.

The California Highway Patrol has received no reports of damage or injuries, spokesman Tom Marshall said.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

10-31-2007 07:08 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought he moved

10-31-2007 09:50 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

Thread Starter Thread Started by larryl
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

in a discussion of the fires.....

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
RE: Terry is in San Jose now
Terry's moved back to the Bay Area but there's still Rob Watson, Ed McTaggart and others down in SoCal. Also Stunt Records and longtime pal Tom Gulada is right there in San Diego. My parents and other family members are in Murrieta and Menifee but they are all safe.

Old Exit Records pal Robert Vaughn is in Malibu -- guess I need to give him a call

Oh gosh, I nearly forgot about Tor!! Any news?Shocked

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

10-31-2007 10:04 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

quote:
in a discussion of the fires.....

Ahh missed that.

I was thinking he moved out of state. "move back east to some college town...."

Thanks

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Drtuddle: 10-31-2007 10:39.

10-31-2007 10:38 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

well the rest of us dambers in the bay area are ok - thanks for asking Big Grin
it was a fun ride courtesy of the Calaveras fault

doesn't help when they have been talking about the Hayward fault due for a killer quake any day now for the next 40 years - the fault that runs a couple of football fields east of my work place and just a few miles from my home

Psalm 119:83
10-31-2007 14:46 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

unfortunately many of the desirable places to live often have some type of bad drawback Frown

prayers for everyone!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-31-2007 14:52 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

Thread Starter Thread Started by larryl

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
well the rest of us dambers in the bay area are ok - thanks for asking Big Grin
it was a fun ride courtesy of the Calaveras fault

doesn't help when they have been talking about the Hayward fault due for a killer quake any day now for the next 40 years - the fault that runs a couple of football fields east of my work place and just a few miles from my home

good to know you're safe, also Big Grin

10-31-2007 14:57 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

D-Ticket Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It wasn't too scary, but it did last a long time, and was certainly the strongest I've felt since Loma Prieta.

I will tell you -- it would have made much more of an impact if the power had gone out -- because it was after dark already and _that_ would have made it memorable.
11-01-2007 13:59 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
achentodaze
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-26-2007

quote:
Terry's moved back to the Bay Area

Does this mean that there are now zero bums in Corona del Mar?

Cool
11-02-2007 09:52 achentodaze is offline Search for Posts by achentodaze Add achentodaze to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by achentodaze
quote:
Terry's moved back to the Bay Area

Does this mean that there are now zero bums in Corona del Mar?

Cool

I was thinking that it may be easier for Terry to work with Mike, but even less chance DA will do anything anytime soon. Frown

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-02-2007 11:16 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » earthquake in the bay area...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH