Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » CCM Reader's Choice Awards » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page CCM Reader's Choice Awards
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Im wearing my "I voted" sticker!
09-18-2007 11:25 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
must is quite a strong word.
I thought "Tusk" was the word.

09-18-2007 12:07 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Funny, I thought "Grease" was the word. Confused

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scrimshaw Nick: 09-18-2007 15:06.

09-18-2007 15:05 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Everybody knows that the bird is the word.

09-18-2007 15:59 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Well, apparently not everyone. Otherwise, sillysteve would have gotten it right.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
09-18-2007 16:15 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

It was in a Peter Greenless Meatwood whack song

09-18-2007 21:02 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

quote:
so who's big on your hip hop list?

One night back in 2003, my wife was in some pain so we went to the ER (I was in the Air Force then, so it didn't cost us anything to go to the ER). It turned out to be nothing, thank goodness, but afterwards we went to the Waffle House for some greasy two-o'clock-in-the-morning food.
(That night there was a hip-hop/cRap concert in Phoenix that some of my coworkers had wanted to go to, but the ticket prices were too high, so they couldn't.)
We were the only customers at the Waffle House when we arrived. Shortly after our patty melts and what-not got to the table, a large bus pulled into the parking lot and six large (as in overweight) guys dressed like they just rolled in from Compton come stumbling out. They were not dressed fancy by any stretch of the imagination, but they had some very expensive video camera equipment with them--and lots of "bling." Despite the fact that the whole place was empty save one table, they sat themselves next to us. They were loud, rude and overall obnoxious.
We were glad to quickly finish our food and leave.
On our way out we looked at the bus. "Nappy Roots" it said.
"Do you know who they are?" My wife asked.
"I have no idea," I replied, "but I hope I never see them again."
"They're a famous .rap group," she told me. "My brother listens to them. Their song Po' Folks is popular right now."
"Uh-huh," I mumbled.
She continued, "My brother has their album Watermelon, Chicken & Gritz."
"Are you serious--that's the name of the album?" I retorted. "Let me guess, they're from Georgia."
"No," she answered, "Kentucky."

To make a short story long, my coworkers did not see Nappy Roots that night, but I did, there at a roadside greasy spoon diner. And, in the end, I really wished I hadn't. And they really wished they had.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ritchie_az: 08-16-2008 03:37.

08-16-2008 03:34 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » CCM Reader's Choice Awards

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH