Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (17): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule 14 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick

I want to like this much, MUCH more than I have been. And I don't see the connection to Zoom Daddy. I wish I did. Oh, how I wish. Frown

I don't see the Zoom Daddy connection either, but I must say that I'm enjoying this new disc immensely!

-jolly
08-10-2007 14:31 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jollyholiday
quote:

I want to like this much, MUCH more than I have been. And I don't see the connection to Zoom Daddy. I wish I did. Oh, how I wish. Frown

I don't see the Zoom Daddy connection either, but I must say that I'm enjoying this new disc immensely!

-jolly

It is somewhat of a loose connection I will admit.
But it works for me! Wink

08-10-2007 15:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
TattooBob TattooBob is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by jollyholiday
quote:

-jolly

It is somewhat of a loose connection I will admit.
But it works for me! Wink

Of course it does, you ARE a loose connection! Wink

BOBD

08-10-2007 15:26 TattooBob is offline Send an Email to TattooBob Search for Posts by TattooBob Add TattooBob to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

RE: Quick pirate tangent Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Phy
[quote]Originally posted by jiminy
[ So far, I've managed to avoid buried treasure, peg legs, parrots, eye patches, and piratey-language. I /haven't/ been able to avoid a certain Firefly-like feeling among my colorful crew, but I'm not all that penitent about that. ; )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHat the heck kind of pirate could you concoct without all of the above
I mean- a guy in a shirt with puffy sleeves jist dont do it alone ya know
Arghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-10-2007 16:06 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I hear bits of "zoom daddy" and bits of "lets spin", as someone pointed out "Snow in a Can" seems to have some "Snowball" influence. I hear a little bit of "Don't Ask Me How I Feel" towards the end of "Medley of Our Hit", the part where it says;

compared to the coming glory
it don't compare a bit
just another sad story
of another piece of hit

Reminds me of;

You say you're not like everyone
That God is on your side
But evil is still evil man
on the left or on the right

Screwin' up the universe
While your policin' all the world
Apocalyptic breakdown
has got you in a whirl

I think "Madonna Inn" and maybe "It All Depends" has a little of that groove that "Zoom Daddy" had, maybe even some of "Tremelo" and "Humble Man Rises". Nobody wants a repeat of an older album, but since its the same song writer you will get a similar flavor.

As for the band lineup;

HRS: Will there ever be another Swirling Eddies record?

Taylor: Absolutely, but what we're talking about is opening the Eddies up to even more artists, sort of make the Eddies this conglomerate of different people that I've always wanted to work with, and have a lot of song-writing teams involved and different lead singers. Just make it this mass of people, that sort of fluctuates and changes.

Terry S. Taylor
The HRS INTERVIEW 1991
by Brian Quincy Newcomb
PART III

08-10-2007 16:49 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Frank Black connection Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

On Terry's Myspace it has this :

"Terry Scott Taylor lives with his family in Orange County, and aside from his musical pursuits, he is currently working on his first book, which he calls "a collection of terrifying essays fraught with bloody theological horrors, dubious tributes to Sinatra and Black and other people with the first name Frank, culminating in a mordant account of Satan's uprising and subsequent downfall as it pertains to the fine art of maximizing your fun at Disneyland and the Balboa Fun Zone." "

I thought maybe there is a connection somewhere?

08-11-2007 14:43 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

I know Terry has some interest in Frank Black, but I don't know how great it is.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-11-2007 15:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
The Trouble With X
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Drtuddle
Did anyone recognize that the riff on Medley of our Hit is very similar to Frank Blacks The Marsist ?

I thought it sounded a bit like Smash Mouth.

*ducks and runs for cover*
08-11-2007 16:50 The Trouble With X is offline Search for Posts by The Trouble With X Add The Trouble With X to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Well, Terry listed frank black as one of many artists he likes to some degree. Larry became sort of obsessed with it and wrote us very long emails talking about himself and frank black. As if it was supposed to impress us or something, I have no idea. He probably brought it up about 30 times, while we were trying to negotiate the HD contract. He might as well have been talking jibberish.

Oh yeah and ...Hi Larry.

08-11-2007 17:00 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I could hear alot of that David Anus in the Swirling Eddies. Camarillo Freddy almost sounds like David when he sings.

08-11-2007 18:19 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

anus? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
I could hear alot of that David Anus in the Swirling Eddies. Camarillo Freddy almost sounds like David when he sings.

With the absence of Arthur Fhardi this time around, I actually noticed a distinct lack of Anus sounds.

Can we use this kind of terminology on the board?

-jolly

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jollyholiday: 08-11-2007 23:25.

08-11-2007 21:51 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

My name's not Larry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not Larry but my first name rhymes with Larry and I'm listed on an Album by Terry because I donated money or something like that. I'm actually Dr. Tuttle from a M*A*S*H episode. Smile I had a dynamic death. Black Francis is very short but a cool personable fella. "It was a different kind o WOOORLD!" What's the deal with using "Japs" on the album. I thought Terry was from liberal Cali. Can't say them there things. My friend is married to a beautiful Japanese woman. I guess he was speaking from the folks that build the roads and made the maps and everyone wore hats point of view.

08-11-2007 22:25 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Administrator

Never said you were Larry. Confused

Terry at times sings from a devils advocate point of view, for example "New Car" in which he shouts he is one of the kings kids he deserves the best, etc.

08-11-2007 22:54 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

or he's insensitive and insulting..
Shocked

08-11-2007 23:04 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I WAS KIDDING -
as those of you who know me know..........

08-11-2007 23:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

So...
I went on vacation for a whole week, expecting my SE disc to be at home when I arrived. Much to my chagrin, it has not arrived yet.

Audiorii, Is there any way that it can be traced?

08-13-2007 19:16 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Not that I'm aware of.. I can check with the USPS and see. We probably just need to reship it for you. So far, we've had a couple that we've had to reship. The lost ones will probably return to us eventually.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-13-2007 19:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

RE: My name's not Larry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You're just a fragment of Hawkeye and Trapper's imagination.
How can we trust you?

08-13-2007 20:30 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Hello my name is Jevon. I just got the album. Looks like the boys have hired out help. Hello Cynthia, you have legible writing and it arrived today via Canada post. I'm listening, and I'll probably have something to say at some point. I like it so far. Nicely balances the band's sense of pop melody with the more absurd elements of pop self indulgence. I'm not sure where it fits on the scale - but I'm liking it so far. The Eddies have always been cutting edge and uneven for me, but I keep coming back. Worth the wait. In this age of minimal packaging, and download culture nice to have a well thoughtout and elborate case.

I'll have to listen more.

08-13-2007 23:17 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

RE: My name's not Larry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Drtuddle
I'm actually Dr. Tuttle from a M*A*S*H episode. Smile

that's what i was thinking.

but, i enjoy mash.......quite possibly too much. but, that is a great episode. Smile

08-14-2007 01:40 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (17): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH