Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (17): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule 14 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by TattooBob

Big Grin

amen to that!

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

08-09-2007 10:42 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
Originally posted by TattooBob

Big Grin

amen to that!

"I'd say you were a sadistic hippophilic necrophile, but that's beating a dead horse." (Woody Allen, What's Up, Tiger Lily?)

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
08-09-2007 11:09 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
It's a shame that this has hurt feelings. Other than his Christianity, what has drawn most of us to TST is his humanity. Especially, his biting wit as Camarillo. He stepped all over my toes years ago by calling out my alma mater (along with a few dozen others) on Hide The Beer....but I respected it and yeah, being a rebellious fundamentalist, I kinda dug it.

BTW,
The Medley Of Our Hit rocks my foot coverings off.

What I fear is that TST (& Dr. Love on the Blackboard) will make fewer cyber-appearances as a result of messageboard drama. We should be proud that we, daMB members, were the subject of a song. I'm happy for the kudos given to the Audies on the tune as well.

the song does rock my socks off! Happy
i told my wife after the line about bd and his buddies, "honey, they are talking about me!" Tongue
she just said "huh" Confused Big Grin
anyways...... like nails said.... beating a dead horse...
if terry wrote a song that said joey is an idiot...
i would still probably listen to his music..
and my wife would get what i am talking about...... Pleased

Cool
08-09-2007 11:14 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Big Grin

08-09-2007 11:17 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
It's a shame that this has hurt feelings. Other than his Christianity, what has drawn most of us to TST is his humanity. Especially, his biting wit as Camarillo. He stepped all over my toes years ago by calling out my alma mater (along with a few dozen others) on Hide The Beer....but I respected it and yeah, being a rebellious fundamentalist, I kinda dug it.

BTW,
The Medley Of Our Hit rocks my foot coverings off.

What I fear is that TST (& Dr. Love on the Blackboard) will make fewer cyber-appearances as a result of messageboard drama. We should be proud that we, daMB members, were the subject of a song. I'm happy for the kudos given to the Audies on the tune as well.

the song does rock my socks off! Happy
i told my wife after the line about bd and his buddies, "honey, they are talking about me!" Tongue
she just said "huh" Confused Big Grin
anyways...... like nails said.... beating a dead horse...

Big Grin

08-09-2007 12:05 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by joey

"joey is an idiot" is a bonus track on the CD!
Did you miss it???? Shocked

Tongue

08-09-2007 12:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

quote:
Originally posted by Aqua Green Toupee
quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
Ok, let's try this . . .

I finally got midget and it was . . . well, the first two words which come to mind are "pedestrian" and "lacking." Frown Am I just in some kind of funk that has tarnished my perception? Was there too much gushing over the album that when I finally heard it, I was left with "Eh?" I hate to say it, but I'd rank it right down there with DA's Kalhoun -- another album which left me, to say the least, underwhelmed. Frown

That was my first reaction as well. Keep listening to it.

And how can you not like Kalhoun?!!!

It's not that I don't like it, per se. Rather, it just that it is by far DA's nadir, IMHO.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
08-09-2007 12:34 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Official Impasto

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
hmm - interesting perspective
(I love Kalhoun)-
it may just be a matter of taste is all-

I am trying to be perfectly honest- (as compared to those times I tell little white lies I guess- or am blantantly pulling everyones........leg)

when I saw the MS& M artwork and some of the song titles
I was set for some of the terms you described-
and the previews were good-but set no hook in me or anything.

But - hey please -would someone read my review??? please? please??
(jk)

I had to again (fer once??) be perfectly honest after the first spin- and I wrote my thoughts after bout 5 spins
n the thing has gone bout 7 more since.
I dont listen to a single CD 12 or more times unless it has indeed set its hook deeply

I have given it several spins and will continue to give it several more. I waiting to realize how wrong I am.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
08-09-2007 12:36 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Phy
The better the TST / DA / SE / LD release, the less I like it at first listen, and the more I appreciate it as it goes along. DFBB almost turned me off of DA for awhile until I came to my senses.

I've had the complete opposite reaction to you. I've loved everything from straight out the gate (with the exception of Kalhoun).

quote:
Originally posted by Phy
And the title cut for Kalhoun freaking rocks. ; )

Yes, I agree the title cut rocks, but as for everything else. Red Face Crying

08-09-2007 12:47 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
Ok, let's try this . . .

I finally got midget and it was . . . well, the first two words which come to mind are "pedestrian" and "lacking." Frown Am I just in some kind of funk that has tarnished my perception? Was there too much gushing over the album that when I finally heard it, I was left with "Eh?" I hate to say it, but I'd rank it right down there with DA's Kalhoun -- another album which left me, to say the least, underwhelmed. Frown

I must admit I was a little underwhelmed on first listens in the car. However, after cranking it up on the home stereo and on headphones it didn't take me too many more listens to enjoy and appreciate it a lot more, enough that I was comparing to Zoom Daddy and trying to decide which one I liked best.

I want to like this much, MUCH more than I have been. And I don't see the connection to Zoom Daddy. I wish I did. Oh, how I wish. Frown
Would shine Oh, so bright on the Message Boards

08-09-2007 12:50 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
TattooBob TattooBob is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2003

I enjoy the album, but I do think the "artwork" is a bit lame.

BOBD

08-09-2007 13:00 TattooBob is offline Send an Email to TattooBob Search for Posts by TattooBob Add TattooBob to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

heres a hint

you dont HAVE to like it...

I gave up very early on with a particlar Carl some of us loved and admired
his distain for all things Choir was inpenetrable..

I mean - I think the Audis even left him alone on that one.. Shocked

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-09-2007 13:00 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
TattooBob TattooBob is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2003

Some of us still love Carl! Tongue

BOBD

08-09-2007 13:01 TattooBob is offline Send an Email to TattooBob Search for Posts by TattooBob Add TattooBob to your Buddy List
Tea M Tea M is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-287.jpg

Registration Date: 08-01-2007

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
It's very good. Kind of weird and trippy with a few rockers thrown in.
Kind of reminds me of Zoom Daddy.

Best thing Terry has done since MBD.

Go buy a copy. Now.

Cool

I agree, very Zoom Daddy, which I suppose was another step in the evolution (micro not macro) of their sound.

But my opinion at this point is pretty subjective as I'm jonesing for anything Terry. Cool Take a few years off and you'll see what I mean. I do that with the Beatles or The Stones or "Who"-ever from time to time and then upon returning you get that ol' enthusiasm back and you hear things that you didn't catch before, kinda like whatchin a movie again for the umteenth time Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Tea M: 08-09-2007 13:05.

08-09-2007 13:02 Tea M is offline Send an Email to Tea M Homepage of Tea M Search for Posts by Tea M Add Tea M to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
heres a hint

you dont HAVE to like it...

I know I don't HAVE to, but I want to. I guess two misses in Terry's cannon ain't all that bad. Cool

08-09-2007 14:47 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Phy Phy is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-494.jpg

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw NickI know I don't HAVE to, but I want to. I guess two misses in Terry's cannon ain't all that bad. Cool

I realize this typo is unintentional, but it had me laughing. I can see Terry standing with one flared boot on a smoking cannon, "Arrr, missed the second one."

As an aside, a friend of mine realized today that 'Arrrr' is not an authentic pirate expression, but rather came from Long John Silver in the original Treasure Island black and white film.

08-09-2007 15:16 Phy is offline Send an Email to Phy Homepage of Phy Search for Posts by Phy Add Phy to your Buddy List Add Phy to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Phy: MyriadPhy YIM Account Name of Phy: bio_phy View the MSN Profile for Phy
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

As an aside, a friend of mine realized today that 'Arrrr' is not an authentic pirate expression, but rather came from Long John Silver in the original Treasure Island black and white film.

You've obviously never partied with any real pirates..
you really should get out more. Big Grin

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-09-2007 15:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Phy
quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw NickI know I don't HAVE to, but I want to. I guess two misses in Terry's cannon ain't all that bad. Cool

I realize this typo is unintentional, but it had me laughing. I can see Terry standing with one flared boot on a smoking cannon, "Arrr, missed the second one."

Hmm, I usually pick up on these sort of things. I must've been ignoring myself today. Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Phy

I thought everyone knew that. The original pirate expression was spelled with a "gh" Red Face The correct spelling was always "Arrrrgh!"

08-09-2007 15:30 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Tea M
quote:

Go buy a copy. Now.

Cool

I agree, very Zoom Daddy, which I suppose was another step in the evolution (micro not macro) of their sound.

But my opinion at this point is pretty subjective as I'm jonesing for anything Terry. Cool Take a few years off and you'll see what I mean. I do that with the Beatles or The Stones or "Who"-ever from time to time and then upon returning you get that ol' enthusiasm back and you hear things that you didn't catch before, kinda like whatchin a movie again for the umteenth time Big Grin

Zoom Daddy took years to grow on me.
I am certainly jonesing for some non Lost Dogs Terry.

08-09-2007 15:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Tea M
quote:

Go buy a copy. Now.

Cool

Zoom Daddy took years to grow on me.
I am certainly jonesing for some non Lost Dogs Terry.

08-09-2007 15:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (17): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH