Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Vox Humana shirt on ventriloquist? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Vox Humana shirt on ventriloquist?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Vox Humana shirt on ventriloquist? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can anyone confirm with me that they saw a quick clip of the Ventriloquist from America's Got Talent wearing a DA shirt? If this has already been discussed, forgive me, I've been away for two weeks.

08-03-2007 18:41 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

RE: Vox Humana shirt on ventriloquist? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll confirm it, I noticed it as well. The ventriloquist's name is Terry Fator. I saw him perform live in April at Larry Norman's 60th birthday party. Terry is a big fan of Larry's, he came out from Texas for the party and offered to perform. Larry really enjoyed it, so he invited Larry to come be in the studio audience on the episode of "America's Got Talent" that you saw the Vox Humana shirt on Terry. If you looked real hard, you could see Larry in the crowd with Terry's supports as the held up their sock puppets. The video is up on Youtube.
08-03-2007 22:52 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
RocketPacks
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 05-11-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZMi5IQNY84

I didn't see Larry. Must be just the quality of the youtube video.
08-03-2007 23:14 RocketPacks is offline Search for Posts by RocketPacks Add RocketPacks to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ron E
RE: Vox Humana shirt on ventriloquist? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

44 seconds into that clip you see the DA shirt, plain as can be to those that know it.
Thanks for adding that!
Wasn't Mission BC just on the news Myron, I was just in Vancouver and Whistler as well as on the island, don't think I saw you!

08-03-2007 23:24 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

What were we on the news for? A few months ago our river almost flooded so that was getting some national attention. A girl from Mission has now advanced to the top 7 on Canadian Idol. Oh, we had our annual Folk Festival last weekend that draws 8,000 people. Not sure what else would be newsworthy.
08-04-2007 02:18 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by RocketPacks
Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZMi5IQNY84

I didn't see Larry. Must be just the quality of the youtube video.

Pause the video at 4:04 and look at the person in the sock puppet group in the the top left corner, at one point someone moves their head back and you can see him smiling just before it breaks back to the host...that's Larry. It's harder to tell, but I think his son Michael is sitting beside him.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Myron: 08-04-2007 02:25.

08-04-2007 02:24 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Actually, I think it was Festival BC, something about polygamy... so I guess it wasn't youSmile

08-04-2007 08:57 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Actually, I think it was Festival BC, something about polygamy... so I guess it wasn't youSmile

That might be the Bountiful community out in the Kootenays (Eastern BC).
08-04-2007 11:12 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

MaybeSmile

Back on track... Audiori's, think you can get this guy to do a DA song on America's Got Talent? Any idea if Terry Fator hangs around here?

08-04-2007 12:36 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

I'm not sure right off hand.. the name does seem familiar.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-04-2007 12:44 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
MaybeSmile

Back on track... Audiori's, think you can get this guy to do a DA song on America's Got Talent? Any idea if Terry Fator hangs around here?

Yeah...Audie...
See if you can also talk him into going by Terry Scott Fator... Tongue

08-04-2007 13:20 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

i hadn't noticed this. Terry Fator is a huge talent. i have really enjoyed every performance and hope he wins.

i could kick myself for not driving up to that birthday party. Were you at the August concert last year, Myron?

08-04-2007 15:17 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

He only does familiar impersonations, although at Larry's birthday party he did a brilliant impersonation of Larry, including forgetting some of the lyrics! He also did an unbelievable impersonation of Cher, maybe he's done that one on TV, I haven't seem his performances much yet.
08-04-2007 16:56 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

It couldn't be brilliant if he didn't forget several lyrics. Wink

08-05-2007 01:12 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Yeah, I noticed it too. I just kept forgetting to post it. However, it does earn him my votes. Actually, I'm kind of split between him and Cas Haley. If Cas wants my vote now, he'd better bust out a DFBB t-shirt.
08-06-2007 12:48 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

It is a real tough choice between those two.

08-06-2007 13:56 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Yeah, but nothing can match the heartbreak I felt when Kashif and Boy Shakira were let go. Crying
08-06-2007 14:55 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
08-06-2007 15:19 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
snowblind snowblind is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 01-29-2007

quote:
Originally posted by jamespop
Yeah, but nothing can match the heartbreak I felt when Kashif and Boy Shakira were let go. Crying

I haven't been following the show, but somehow I did see a clip of Boy Shakira (and Boy Britney) and I must say that it was incredibly disturbing. Shocked
08-06-2007 15:44 snowblind is offline Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Frumpystiltskin
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 08-07-2007

Big Grin Terry Fator Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actually, that was Larry and his son Michael in the audience in Terry's section at the AGT taping. I was lucky enough to be there myself. Also, Terry was indeed wearing a Vox Humana t-shirt and is a huge fan of DA from the earliest album to present. We both grew up listening to them and Larry, Randy Stonehill, Mark Heard, etc... Terry can do pretty much any singing impression he wants. He has a little 8 minute promo video on his website that shows clips of what he can do at www.terryfator.com. He is also an incredible guy as well as an incredible talent. I am a bit biased, I admit, but it really is true. He is the kindest person who could ever hope to meet. :o) You should all watch the show! It is on Tuesday's on NBC at 7pm central time.
08-07-2007 09:10 Frumpystiltskin is offline Search for Posts by Frumpystiltskin Add Frumpystiltskin to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Vox Humana shirt on ventriloquist?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH