Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

yea, dan's a nashvegas big shot! i emailed him a month ago and he still hasn't emailed me back. i figure my email got lost in the shuffle..........he probably hasn't even seen it. Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-25-2007 15:58 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ooooh, that's a hard one! But here's my order:

Horrendous Disc
Mr. Buechner's Dream
Songs of the Heart
Kalhöun
MotorCycle
BibleLand
Vox Humana
Darn Floor - Big Bite
¡Alarma!
Doppelgänger
Fearful Symmetry

Haven't heard: Shocked

Daniel Amos
Shotgun Angel (I've heard Roe's version off of 'Late' & like it Smile )
Live Bootleg '82
Preachers From Outer Space!
The Revelation

07-25-2007 16:31 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

(Zudrak, I graduated HS in 1990 and probably like about 3/4 of the artists on your list).

my order (ask me another day and it will probably be a little different)

Mr. Buechner's Dream
Songs of the Heart / When Everyone Wore Hats (still available in webstore as a bookset and well worth it!)
Darn Floor - Big Bite (may still be able to pick up cassettes reasonable)
MotorCycle (may still be able to pick up cassettes reasonable)
BibleLand (may still be able to pick up cassettes reasonable)
Kalhöun
¡Alarma!
Horrendous Disc
Daniel Amos
Shotgun Angel
Fearful Symmetry
Vox Humana (may still be able to pick up cassettes reasonable)
Doppelgänger

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-26-2007 00:05 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

I bought Songs of the Heart at C-Stone.

It's a really good disc.

Also, I have Bibleland on cassette. Really good, too!

07-26-2007 09:24 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-341.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2006

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
(Zudrak, I graduated HS in 1990...).

(me, too!)

quote:
my order (ask me another day and it will probably be a little different)

Mr. Buechner's Dream
Songs of the Heart / When Everyone Wore Hats (still available in webstore as a bookset and well worth it!)
Darn Floor - Big Bite (may still be able to pick up cassettes reasonable)
MotorCycle (may still be able to pick up cassettes reasonable)
BibleLand (may still be able to pick up cassettes reasonable)
Kalhöun
¡Alarma!
Horrendous Disc
Daniel Amos
Shotgun Angel
Fearful Symmetry
Vox Humana (may still be able to pick up cassettes reasonable)
Doppelgänger

I'm going to set up a chart so that everyone who weighs in will influence my purchasing (or fruitless internet searches for DA goodness). It's funny -- I own every 77's release (except "More Miserable..." by 7&7 Is), all but 2(?) Adam Again CD's, everything by The Choir except their first 2 albums and debut EP, and only 2 DA albums. Of course, the one band I am "low" on is the one that seems to be the hardest to acquire.

I am kicking myself over not buying Motorcycle when I had the chance at the Christian bookstore I worked at. I KNEW when I heard it that it was good music, but my ears weren't into it the entire two years I worked there. I did that with Bibleland, though. The title track hooked me. Smile

-Psalm 73:26
07-26-2007 09:42 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

http://radrockers.com/Results.aspx?a=daniel%20amos&o=0&s=&f=

don't miss page 2, there are cheap cassettes that you could always try first before possibly shelling out big $ for a rare CD!
http://radrockers.com/Results.aspx?a=dan...&o=0&s=&f=&pg=2

I'm sure there's more elsewhere too.

OH, and don't forget they are doing that burn-your-own CD thing on the Lost Dogs tour that includes most of DA's catalog, $15 for 10 songs +$1 each add'l song. I guess we'll have to wait and see if this will be available in a more accessible format for everyone in the future (i.e. on the web somewhere). If anything, it might be a good excuse to go to a concert sometime (getting rare music).

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 07-26-2007 11:42.

07-26-2007 11:39 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
http://radrockers.com/Results.aspx?a=daniel%20amos&o=0&s=&f=

don't miss page 2, there are cheap cassettes that you could always try first before possibly shelling out big $ for a rare CD!
http://radrockers.com/Results.aspx?a=dan...&o=0&s=&f=&pg=2

I'm sure there's more elsewhere too.

I ordered Mr. Buechner's Dream from Half.com ($15), When Everyone Wore Hats/Songs of the Heart ($25) from this here site, and I bid on Motorcycle on eBay (currently at the starting bid of $9.99). We'll see if that goes higher into the weekend. After that, I'll start looking at other stuff. I would love to get all of their catalogue right now, but my wallet won't let me. Frown

quote:
OH, and don't forget they are doing that burn-your-own CD thing on the Lost Dogs tour that includes most of DA's catalog, $15 for 10 songs +$1 each add'l song. I guess we'll have to wait and see if this will be available in a more accessible format for everyone in the future (i.e. on the web somewhere). If anything, it might be a good excuse to go to a concert sometime (getting rare music).

I got the Lost Dogs' Scenic Routes that way, but did not realize that they were doing their own bands' CD's, too. Of course, I'd be flat broke if I did and bill collectors would be wondering what happened to me.

Me: "Excuse me, Mr. Taylor, can you stay in town until 4AM so I can get all of the DA, Eddies, and your solo discs on CD-R's? Thanks!"

07-26-2007 12:18 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:

They will be available through the websites.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-26-2007 14:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:

They will be available through the websites.

Good to know. In the meantime, I just dropped $100 over at radrockers. Kalhoun will amongst the loot! Big Grin "A Briefing...", "Knowledge & Innocence", "It's For You" (M. Roe), and the Cornerstone Tribute to Gene Eugene are coming my way, too. It was hard to stop clicking "Add to My Cart". Shocked

07-26-2007 14:55 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

I've found GEMM.com to be a pretty decent source for tracking down out-of-print stuff at reasonable prices, too. Frankly, I'd go there before RadRockers (nothing against Delaney or anything, he's a great guy!).
07-26-2007 20:40 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
jparker jparker is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 04-23-2003

Gemm vs RRD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've found some rare stuff on Gemm, but I'd much rather shop from RadRockers. It's one stop shopping for everything, and I've bought from him for ages. I like shopping from a vendor I trust and respect. Whereas with GEMM you never know. Plus I just feel better supporting someone I know.
07-26-2007 23:43 jparker is offline Send an Email to jparker Search for Posts by jparker Add jparker to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of jparker: jeff_parker@mac.com
Ceremonial Kernel

RE: Gemm vs RRD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jparker
I've found some rare stuff on Gemm, but I'd much rather shop from RadRockers. It's one stop shopping for everything, and I've bought from him for ages. I like shopping from a vendor I trust and respect. Whereas with GEMM you never know. Plus I just feel better supporting someone I know.
Ah, heck! Now you made me go visit RadRockers, and I ended up ordering 4 "gotta-have-it-now-before-it-gets-away" CDs with $ I was originally planning on spending in the DA Webstore's Ed-stravaganza! DARN YOU ALL TO HECK!!! Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-27-2007 00:41 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

I was really looking forward to the "ultimate" HD reissue, I'm still hoping and praying that it will happen..... Hopefully Larry Norman will be abel to get this new movie procject "out of his system". And put his energy into staying alive, and working with the people that want to help him keep the Solid Rock archive alive........ Confused

...oh, and all this talk about RadRockers made me place an order as well.
07-27-2007 03:20 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by dfroystad

It's gone viral!
07-27-2007 07:55 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Curly Curly is a male
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2007

I've noticed that Larry isn't on the same time frame as the rest of us because of his illness. Sometimes if he says he is going to do something in a week or two, it ends up being 6 mo. to a year.
I realise he needs to keep his strength up and that is accomplished by sleep and proper nutrient intake, but I think he needs to realise this time table issue. I'm not dissing Larry, just stating the obvious. Lets pray for him and his health so that he will realize that there are others that enjoy listening to and discovering hidden archives of music and it would be a sin not to share it.

Kind of like--------"HIDE IT UNDER A BUSHEL, NO------"

07-27-2007 08:19 Curly is offline Search for Posts by Curly Add Curly to your Buddy List
Curly Curly is a male
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2007

I say give HD issues about a year or so before a decision is made.

07-27-2007 08:22 Curly is offline Search for Posts by Curly Add Curly to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:
Originally posted by dfroystad

It's gone viral!

Tell me about it! I clicked your link to GEMM and had to run away from my desk before I ordered something.

Must... not... click... "Add to Cart"...!

07-27-2007 08:23 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
I clicked your link to GEMM and had to run away from my desk before I ordered something.

Must... not... click... "Add to Cart"...!

Oh come on - Jimmy Hotz on vinyl for ONLY $195! How can you pass up a bargain like that???? Big Grin
07-27-2007 19:13 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
jparker jparker is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 04-23-2003

Yeeeeeessss! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My new Eddies finally arrived. Woohoo!
07-28-2007 11:21 jparker is offline Send an Email to jparker Search for Posts by jparker Add jparker to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of jparker: jeff_parker@mac.com
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Myron

hEY MYRON, IF YOU ARE OUT THERE, What is your take on the DA/ HD /SA types of styles. I know you are kind of expert on things like this and wanted your opinion. Thanks.

Curly: how do you know me, I haven't participated in this forum much? Anyways, I'm glad you respect my opinion. I agree with a previous poster, that side two of of Shotgun Angel is a preview of what was to come on Horrendous Disc, minus a few countryish tracks. HD takes what they were doing to another level, and for my money was a monumental album for that era. It's just such a darn shame it took so long to come out. I was in high school when it was first news that they would have an album coming out on Solid Rock and I was so jacked. When I heard some previews of the album I was even more jacked. But it didn't come out until I was in college and by then there was no way it could live up to the hype that had surrounded it. I've always felt it seems one song too short, perhaps this new CD if it ever comes out will help fill that void. But it has elements of classic rock and pop, some nice ballads, some creativity, those classic DA harmonies, some orchestration, Beatlesque overtones. I like them best as a six piece band, with the extra keyboards and percussion lurking around, and they took turns on lead vocals which added some variety. I really like Shotgun Angel as well, it really holds up well over time, very well produced and some great songwriting. If you like Shotgun, you should love Horrendous. Hope that helps.

Myron
07-31-2007 09:50 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH