Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs, Knott, and 5 O'clock people » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs, Knott, and 5 O'clock people
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
SafetyNet
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

Lost Dogs, Knott, and 5 O'clock people Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did any one go to this concert? How was it?

Pictures?

I saw Knott open for the 5 o'clock people several years ago. It was at a small christian college and at the end of his set/beginning of the peoples set they did 2-3 songs together....Very cool with tons of energy

Wondering if the Dogs did anything similiar....??

While the angels brushed her hair

"but that's how it has to end
On this side of glory...
06-11-2007 15:44 SafetyNet is offline Search for Posts by SafetyNet Add SafetyNet to your Buddy List
whoaaanelly
Normal Noggin

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Thumb Up! RE: Lost Dogs, Knott, and 5 O'clock people Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It was an interesting concert. I was one of the few there who was not familiar with Mike Knott -- and after having seen him still have no clue what it was I saw. The guy is a trip... man.

The 5-Oclock People were pretty good. Had never heard them before either.

A couple times Knott walked up on stage and just started playing with both of the other bands and it wasn't clear he was supposed to be doing that or not. But everyone flowed with it. He invited 5.O.P. up at the end of his set too. I snapped only a couple photo's.

The Dogs were up their same old shenanigans and the hall was very casual. People sitting all hap-hazard and with a "bar" in the back for the birthday party that this whole gig started out as, it was a unique visit with the boys. I still wish I had the nerve to go up and "have a chat" with them. Still get too tongue-tied.

Cheers -
Roger
Seattle

whoaaanelly has attached these images (downsized versions):
knott1.jpg LDTacoma.jpg

06-15-2007 16:48 whoaaanelly is offline Search for Posts by whoaaanelly Add whoaaanelly to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

thanks for the review and pics! Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-15-2007 22:07 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
SafetyNet
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by SafetyNet
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the review!!

Mike Knott is a bit of a trip, but usually very entertaining.

I get tongue-tied around the dogs too, I have talked to all of them briefly but usually get too flustered to say anything intelligent.

While the angels brushed her hair

"but that's how it has to end
On this side of glory...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SafetyNet: 06-18-2007 15:19.

06-18-2007 15:19 SafetyNet is offline Search for Posts by SafetyNet Add SafetyNet to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I like talking with them. I have seen enough shows I have had at least one neat short conversation with each of them. Smile

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-18-2007 21:33 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
SnowMan SnowMan is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-10-2006

RE: Lost Dogs, Knott, and 5 O'clock people Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Roger,
Hope all is well with you!

Good pics. In the pic of the Dogs, there is a group of folks sitting on the floor in front of the stage. The one on the right (halo head) is me. Sitting next to me is a guy I used to teach with. The whole place was a huge harmonic convergence of people linked together thru time and tide. It was unreal. The guy sitting next to me opened the door for me to 4/5 of the DA and Dogs material I now know of. I had no idea in 1996 just how many CDs were out there. He was also Andrew's English teacher. He became an English teacher because of the Alarma Chronicles.

Human stories all around us--all converging in single places and times because of a faithful pack of Lost Dogs. Wonderful stuff.

--theo

06-20-2007 11:48 SnowMan is offline Homepage of SnowMan Search for Posts by SnowMan Add SnowMan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

RE: Lost Dogs, Knott, and 5 O'clock people Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SnowMan
Hey Roger,
Hope all is well with you!

Good pics. In the pic of the Dogs, there is a group of folks sitting on the floor in front of the stage. The one on the right (halo head) is me. Sitting next to me is a guy I used to teach with. The whole place was a huge harmonic convergence of people linked together thru time and tide. It was unreal. The guy sitting next to me opened the door for me to 4/5 of the DA and Dogs material I now know of. I had no idea in 1996 just how many CDs were out there. He was also Andrew's English teacher. He became an English teacher because of the Alarma Chronicles.

Human stories all around us--all converging in single places and times because of a faithful pack of Lost Dogs. Wonderful stuff.

--theo

thanks for that wonderful info, theo! those connections are so cool! Cool

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-20-2007 14:26 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by whoaaanelly
..... I still wish I had the nerve to go up and "have a chat" with them. Still get too tongue-tied.

Cheers -
Roger
Seattle

roger, i assure you that all of the dogs are human and very approachable. truly, they probably don't know what to say to you, either, but if you see them several times and they begin to recognize you, the ice will be broken. i've sounded stupid when i first talked to all of them. guess what, they've been gracious to me! derri even hugged me 3 times at the end of the last show we attended back in april and was excited to see my hubby and me there. the next time you see the guys, take that risk! Wink

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-20-2007 14:30 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs, Knott, and 5 O'clock people

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH