Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs Fan Tribute » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (13): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs Fan Tribute 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
Isn't Larry doing something? Confused

yes.

i am just running behind schedule.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

07-25-2006 23:52 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:

yes.

Big Grin Cool Pleased

I can hardly wait to hear it. Wink

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-25-2006 23:56 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
quote:

yes.

running behind schedule is where i live these days (sigh).

07-26-2006 01:46 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

schedule...

I love that word

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-26-2006 07:28 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

If Eddies doing Jimmy

do I have to reciprocate

- and do Ed Takes a Vacation?

07-26-2006 07:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
eddie p eddie p is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 09-30-2004

I like it Jimbo

07-26-2006 08:02 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Our group tried the songs last night for the first time after the pianist left. The guitarist liked the stuff- and played it fine. The drummer really liked the songs and was struggling with the drum parts but wanted to pursue.

Neither of our singers was there. Kevin San-Hammondo told me it wasn't his kind of music but he'd listen to it more to see if it would grow on him after just listening to it for the first time. He's into CCM, sadly. But he sings real purty. I think he'll come around.

Our Ann Margaret sound-alike singer hasn't made practice in months. I think she's not going to stay with the group because we've become a church group and she wants to be a coffee house group. She goes to another church and our practices revolve around what we're playing at Sunday service, so she feels left out.

Our pianist will have to work really hard to get her part together because she relies on sheet music so much. She is also an excellent singer, so she'll definately participate.

Our bass player is AWOL. He doesn't take long to learn music. Tell him what key it's in and he's good to go. He's so young that we bribe him to come to practice with licorice.

The mandolin player is me. So sorry,

07-28-2006 12:46 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

The tribute Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am sorry to say I cannot participate in this. I was going to do "In The Distance", I had the instrument tracks done, and then I resigned from my church as associate minister. Not only in my haste and stress did I delete the backing track, but now have no time to restart it. It's been very stressful.

07-28-2006 14:57 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

sad news mk,

have started- think I have the guitar track finished-
want to throw on some vocals-to give BD a ruff draft.

soon-

07-28-2006 15:10 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

bd-
i have a very rough- (as in - fer yer ears only) version of my trib tune
will send it off to ya.-

I cant sing at 8:00 am (as compared to when??)
and with a 6 year old BUGGIN me...

its full of punches etc-..but will give you a general idea and a slot length (short and sweet.)

THANKS- maaan
JiminY Cricket

07-29-2006 09:49 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by bigdork.2

Very nice! for a ruff mix

makes me want to sing along

07-29-2006 10:51 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

If we send you a better version of Slow Spin would it be too late? If so use the old one but we might have a better version to mail you tomorrow night Tongue

08-06-2006 23:46 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

we can't seem to get studio time worked out.....

i will be recording at home this week.

the arrangements will be more sparse, but i'll make it work, somehow.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

08-06-2006 23:55 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Cool

08-07-2006 00:44 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

OK BD, expect a new version of Slow Spin in your mail box Tuesday. It will go out first thing in the morning. I like the new version much better and the quality of the recording is a bit better too.

08-07-2006 02:36 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
If we send you a better version of Slow Spin would it be too late? If so use the old one but we might have a better version to mail you tomorrow night Tongue

plenty of time mr. dorfy

08-07-2006 08:48 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
we can't seem to get studio time worked out.....

i will be recording at home this week.

the arrangements will be more sparse, but i'll make it work, somehow.

Happy

08-07-2006 08:49 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

This isn't working well here. Our guitarist quit the group on Sunday, or else he's just taking awhile off. The music is stressing him out because he has to learn 4-6 songs each week on Thursday to play on Sunday. I can't say that I blame him- it has been stressful. Anyway, work's been kicking his booty and he lives a long way away from church, too. He's not a memeber of our church, which doesn't bother anyone, but if he doesn't play- he oesn't come, either. Anyway, I hope he comes back after the dust settles. He's a good guy and we all love him.

But, I don't see how we can record the lost dog songs I wanted to do. The pianist doesn't know them, the guitar player is gone and the singer doesn't like the songs. That leaves a little picker and a drummer. To top it off, recording will be tough since we would do it at our drummer's house and he's still recovering from flooding from a burst pipe....

08-07-2006 11:14 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

Frown

08-07-2006 16:45 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
This isn't working well here. Our guitarist quit the group on Sunday, or else .............. a little picker and a drummer. To top it off, recording will be tough since we would do it at our drummer's house and he's still recovering from flooding from a burst pipe....

so - whats your point?
think Choir here..all you need is a drummer and a lil picker...
heck - send it to me -I'll sing anything (as you well know....he heeee)

08-07-2006 20:44 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (13): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs Fan Tribute

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH