Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Suggest cover songs for Lost Dogs next album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Suggest cover songs for Lost Dogs next album
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Suggest cover songs for Lost Dogs next album Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Lost Dogs have done some great covers of old hymns and other songs, but I'd like them to do a cover of a Roger Miller song on their next album. My first suggestion would be Train of Life:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/recs/radio/krex/-/track/B000001
EDZ002014/ref=mu_sam_ms_002_014/103-4297639-4763860#

05-05-2006 12:00 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

RE: Suggest cover songs for Lost Dogs next album Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd like to see them do some classic Bluegrass tunes, like,
Get in Line Brother
Life's Railway to Heaven
Were you There?
Take me in your Lifeboat

Derri's going to have to break out the mandolin, though and someone's got to pick a banjo.

05-05-2006 12:16 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Banjo weve heard so far on Dr LOves
say your prayers...

well..............?

there are a lot of old greats they could do well...

I'm privy to things like Will The Circle be Unbroken..
or when the Roll is called up yonder.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-05-2006 12:29 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

judas priest- love bites
the violent femmes- fat
kid rock- cowboy
right said fred- i'm too sexy... Tongue

i'll think of some more later... Big Grin

Cool
05-05-2006 12:30 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok ok

I think a cover of Sexual Healing would suffice.

05-05-2006 12:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

I'm Using My Bible as a Roadmap / most famously performed by the bluegrass duet Reno & Smiley.
05-05-2006 12:47 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

wow - how weird is THAT???

I'm using my Roadmap as a Bible!!

05-05-2006 13:25 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Man of Constant Sorrow

05-05-2006 13:41 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by Chesterdox

Great tag line, Ron!

05-05-2006 13:51 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

ditto Big Grin

05-05-2006 14:07 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

How about a Hymn or another old Spiritual?

05-05-2006 14:24 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

"Wait for the Light to Shine"

05-05-2006 14:50 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

I'd like to hear Mike sing "My Humps" from the Black Eyed Peas Big Grin

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
05-05-2006 15:31 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

I Can Only Imagine Tongue (jk)
(The above is supposed to be the title of the Mercy Me tune that is so overplayed - but the bard keeps changing a word in the title Mad )

Stuck In the Middle With You (seriously)

Touch of Grey

Mike Roe singing lead on "Come ye Sinners, Poor and Needy"

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by jamespop: 05-05-2006 15:41.

05-05-2006 15:39 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
I'd like to hear Mike sing "My Humps" from the Black Eyed Peas Big Grin

This gets my vote!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

05-05-2006 15:52 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

While covers are OK, I'd prefer new tunes!

05-05-2006 16:13 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

I like the Roger Miller idea but I think they should do "You Can't Rollerskate In A Buffalo Herd".
Smile

05-05-2006 21:44 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Whatever they do, I'll buy it.

05-05-2006 22:08 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Funny that I was listening to "Hot Hot Hot" by Buster Pointdexter when I read this thread.

Actually, I'd rather hear that live than on a studio recording.

05-05-2006 23:07 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
Whatever they do, I'll buy it.

Whatever they buy- I'll do it!

05-06-2006 19:58 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Suggest cover songs for Lost Dogs next album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH