Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Want to be an DAmb administrator? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Want to be an DAmb administrator?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Want to be an DAmb administrator? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is not directly related to any specific post, any person or anything else on the board - but its been something that we have discussed at various times. I don't really know if its needed or not, but we are curious to hear what you all think.

The idea is to set up a team of folks that would be given limited administrative powers on the DAmb that could just help us keep things orderly (watch for posts that break board rules, keeping dump posts in the dump, keeping off topic posts in the off topic section, maybe a friendly nudge here and there for posters to move on from beating a dead horse, etc). We would also encourage this team to help us come up with some fun ideas for the board - whether it's new rank titles, games that posters can play, fun polls or whatever. We've always intended to do more in that area - but really don't have the time.

Since we'd be talking about a "team," this wouldn't be a job that would take a lot of time out of any one person. We wouldn't want anyone to feel like they had to always be keeping an eye on everything - just post as usual, but also help out a little on the moderating side of things. We might also be able to reward these folks in some way for their hard work.

As I said, I don't know if it's necessary... but it might help in the long run. If it worked well, we could always do it on the other boards as well.

Any thoughts? Any further ideas along these lines? Would anyone be interested in doing something like this?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-19-2005 19:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

would they get cool blue stars like you guys? Cool Tongue
11-19-2005 20:48 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah.. though probably not as many. We have to have some perk.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-19-2005 20:53 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I might be interested. Big Grin

11-19-2005 21:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

After the first of the year, I would be interested since I'm usually on here quite a bit, although I know I've walked close to the line on some things, but also realized it and backed off. Wink Tongue Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
11-20-2005 16:31 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
After the first of the year, I would be interested since I'm usually on here quite a bit, although I know I've walked close to the line on some things, but also realized it and backed off. Wink Tongue Big Grin

that could be said about most damb posters.... including the a-bros Wink
11-20-2005 19:50 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

RE: Want to be an DAmb administrator? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

nevermind.....

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 11-21-2005 11:40.

11-21-2005 11:21 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

yer little gawd....

think of the "eliminating" power one could have..

nudge? - you need a nudge? -

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAAAAAhhaaaaaaaaa~

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
11-21-2005 11:43 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

We actually have discussed this before, with filling orders, updating websites, answering emails, looking up orders, ordering supplies, shipping product to various tours and other obligations, working with the guys on releases, taxes, accounting....and our regular jobs, our time to consistantly look over all the boards is severely limited. All that coupled with my current medical pain leaves me without a lot of patience.

I personally think it would be a good idea, Terry has conveyed to us generaly how he would like certain things done. We could get a little more precise direction from him and Mike. Mike has at times had us delete various posts or threads. But we could get some guidelines from them for the moderators.

It would mostly be pretty straight forward. Making sure the correct threads are in the correct places, watching for trolls or stop smoking now scams, or the occassional offensive material, plus like my brother mentioned help coming up with other ideas for the boards.

We could even make a moderators only section for questions and feedback and brainstorming, such as planning any future DA chat ideas, etc. (The band such as Tim who stops by often would have access to that moderators only section of course.)

11-21-2005 15:41 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Thanks for all your work for Terry, DA, Roe, 77s, LD, etc.! Pleased

I can't say I would really want to administrate, though.

I would pitch in what I could if necessary to help out. I tend to be a little "boom or bust" in my posting depending on workload, family issues and such.

Of course I tend to get a little out of hand at times too. Red Face Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-24-2005 00:07 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

We have about 4 people so far that are interested, thats not too bad.

I would say as well, its not like the board administering is overwhelming, its not. We don't do that much other than maybe move a thread every once in a while. But we do have to watch for spammers and junk like that and get rid of those. We just don't have time to watch the board 24 hours a day and see into every thread. If we have a few more sets of eyes looking in different places than us at different times, the spammers and that sort of thing can get caught quicker. Especially if we are out of town or something.

11-24-2005 12:24 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I might be interested. Big Grin

I vote for Mark because he likes Cheerleaders Tongue

11-24-2005 13:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

LOL Big Grin

11-24-2005 18:19 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

seriously~!
I have always loved Marks humor, insite and respected his level headedness.
If he is interested in helping with administrative tasks- hes an excellent choice.

(I know -its not like we are voting or anything, but really - to me its a collaborative Yo - toward him)

plus Ive heard him say more than once.... DA ROCKS!!!!!!

11-25-2005 08:48 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
message board missionary
Dignified Lazar

I think I am the only one with enough spiritual discernment to
handle such a task. First one to go would be Dorfsmith!

scott

11-25-2005 09:00 message board missionary is offline Send an Email to message board missionary Search for Posts by message board missionary Add message board missionary to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

MBM
Why are yo still here..?

wait til ~Carman heres about this....................

11-25-2005 12:51 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

i could be interested as well....

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

11-25-2005 13:05 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
message board missionary
Dignified Lazar

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
MBM
Why are yo still here..?

wait til ~Carman heres about this....................

I would also ban the use of any Disney names.

scott

11-25-2005 17:42 message board missionary is offline Send an Email to message board missionary Search for Posts by message board missionary Add message board missionary to your Buddy List
Administrator

Ok Larryl. We will be talking to Terry and Mike and probably getting something set up soon.

11-25-2005 18:20 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Lyle Lanley: Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine, Bona fide, Terryfied, Three-star Moderator!
What'd I say?
Ned Flanders: Moderator!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
Patty+Selma: Moderator!
Lyle Lanley: That's right! Moderator!
[crowd chants `Moderator' softly and rhythmically]
Miss Hoover: I hear those guys are awfully proud...
Lyle Lanley: They just enforce what is allowed.
Apu: Is there a chance my post did offend?
Lyle Lanley: Not on your life, my DAmb friend.
Barney: What about us ED-head slobs?
Lyle Lanley: You're a bunch of Rock'n Roll snobs!
Abe: Is that Carman' on the level?
Lyle Lanley: No, good sir, he's of the Devil.
Wiggum: The ring came off my canned ham.
Lyle Lanley: Take my pen knife, my good man.
I swear it's this board's only choice...
Throw up your hands and raise your voice!
All: Moderator!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
Lyle Lanley: Once again...
Marge: But The Dump's still all cracked and broken...
Bart: Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken!
Moderator!
Moderator!
[big finish]
Homer: Modo... D'oh!

11-25-2005 23:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Want to be an DAmb administrator?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH