Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs Asheville NC - Free Show » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs Asheville NC - Free Show
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Attention Lost Dogs Asheville NC - Free Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lost Dogs Concert Asheville, NC @ The Grey Eagle
Sunday, Jul 17, 2005 7:30 PM

The Grey Eagle
185 Clingman Ave
Asheville,NC 28801

Event description from the evite:

This is a FREE show. Donations accepted. For further info contact:
lostdogsconcert@yahoo.com

THE LOST DOGS:
Terry Taylor, Mike Roe, Derri Daugherty
The Lost Dogs began as an exciting collaboration between four brilliant frontmen/songwriters, creating music that transcended the musical boundaries of their respective bands. Terry Taylor (Daniel Amos, The Swirling Eddies), Gene Eugene (Adam Again), Derri Daugherty (The Choir), and Michael Roe (The 77s, MichaelRoe.com) over the past 12 years have released seven eclectic albums of traditional American music (country, folk, blues, rock) with a decidedly modern feel. Over the course of time, the Lost Dogs have built a loyal and growing base of alt-country and roots fans including genre artists such as Buddy and Julie Miller, the Kentucky Headhunters, and Phil Madeira.

For more Lost Dogs info,
http://www.thelostdogs.com

Song samples and recent CD info available at:
http://www.thelostdogs.com/samples/
http://www.pastemusic.com/product/591
http://www.pastemusic.com/product/278
http://www.pastemusic.com/product/279

The Grey Eagle is an all-ages venue, non-smoking (outside patio is available), has beer & wine bar and food by Twin Cousins Kitchen, a Southern Louisiana-styled eatery.
http://www.thegreyeagle.com/
They have directions and other info.

From out-of-town? All your family/friends not Lost Dogs fans? There's great things to do - consider making a weekend of it. There's stuff for everyone: singles, couples, families, etc. so no one gets left out.
Check out:
http://www.ci.asheville.nc.us/visitors/visitor.htm
http://www.ashevillemtns.com/
http://www.asheville.com/
Hotels about $60-$80 and up.

This show is sponsored by the Ledford family in partnership with Gateway Christian Community.
http://www.gccchurch.org

Interested in booking the Lost Dogs in your town?
Contact Provision National Booking at info@provisionnational.com or 502-271-7644.
http://www.provisionnational.com

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-10-2005 14:35 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd love to go. I hope Mike is feeling better before then. Maybe you can pray over him if you go and please let him know we're praying for him, too.

07-13-2005 14:12 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
illustrator illustrator is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-01-2004

RE: Lost Dogs Asheville NC - Free Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I"m going to try to come from Knoxville to this show. I'm bringing my 13 yr old son and meeting my brother there who is coming from Johnson City TN

Cant wait.
07-15-2005 13:15 illustrator is offline Send an Email to illustrator Homepage of illustrator Search for Posts by illustrator Add illustrator to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by bereal
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
I'd love to go. I hope Mike is feeling better before then. Maybe you can pray over him if you go and please let him know we're praying for him, too.

MF and I are sponsoring this show. Wink

Smile
07-16-2005 19:57 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: Lost Dogs Asheville NC - Free Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by illustrator
I"m going to try to come from Knoxville to this show. I'm bringing my 13 yr old son and meeting my brother there who is coming from Johnson City TN

Cant wait.

Cool

I look forward to seeing you all there! Big Grin I'll be the one with the 2 1/2 month old baby girl probably in the Snuggli. Pleased

Smile
07-16-2005 20:09 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Great Show!

The guys rolled into the Grey Eagle about 6:15. We immediately helped them unload, set up backstage for them and then they did their sound check. By the time they arrived, there were a lot of people who had already shown up. There were probably around 100-110+/- people who came and everyone said it was a great venue, aside from the heat and humidity in there.

Once they got done with the sound check, they went backstage for a while to rest (and eat snacks ~ more on that later) before the show. MF and I checked with them about when they wanted to start, and Mike said, "We will start promptly at 7:30."

MF introduced them and before he was even done with the intro, Derri was half-way to the stage. The guys geared up with a great set list, which I did not get written down between being in and out with the baby and helping out at the CD table. There was also plenty of jabs being thrown out. The 2nd song they did was "To Cover You" and it was dedicated to me by my wonderful hubby MF. Pleased Terry forgot some of his lines, and MF said Derri was supposed to forget his lines. Later in the evening Derri did forget his line during one of the slapstick pieces. Several songs in, they sang Startin Monday. At the end of it, Baby M got fussy, so I took her out. Terry said, "I guess that baby didn't like that song." Big Grin I finally got her to sleep and was able to slip back in (when I was out, I could still see and here them just fine ~ I was in the foyer of the music hall). Toward the end of the set, Baby M woke up and was laying on my lap kicking her legs and swinging her arms ~ when the guys were really rockin'.

The concert was over way too quickly, but I will cherish this night!!!! Pleased Pleased

*back to the snacks: I prepared a veggie tray with homemade dill dip, fruit tray with grapes, strawberries and peaches, a bag of Kitchen Cooked Potato Chips and a tray with cheese balls, crackers and summer sausages. When the guys got there, MF started helping them unload while I went in the green room to get the food out of the refrigerator. I set it all out and was finishing uncovering it when Steve and Mike came in the room. They immediately dug in and Mike said this was the nicest thing they'd seen the whole tour. Pleased Pleased Pleased

Steve and I talked a little (he remembered me from the Choir CD release party) and then he introduced me by name to Mike.

After the show I was talking with Mike and he said that he was feeling much better than he had been for the majority of the tour. He said he was in and out of the hospital the first three weeks of the tour and this illness he had could have possibly killed him and that was scary. Keep him in prayer that his health will continue to improve. He looked very .tired tonight, but not as sickly as he sounded earlier in the tour.

Before we headed out, MF got a friend to take a couple of pictures of both of us with the guys. Pleased

Smile
07-17-2005 23:54 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

When MF's friend took our picture, he told us to say cheese. Someone said, "Hey that's cheesy" and Terry said, "Yeah, real cheesy". Pleased

Smile
07-17-2005 23:59 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

thanks for the timely review, and the update on mike's health!!!

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

07-18-2005 00:00 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

You're welcome. I had to get online to do something else, so I thought I'd come here to let you all know how the show went.

I got your CD and had it signed. I inadvertently forgot to ask Steve to sign it. Sorry about that. Terry signed it: "Larry, Wish U were here" and Mike said, "Larrel, why isn't he here?" I told him you just couldn't make it and he said something to the effect of "How lame. So he suckered you into getting this for him? I guess if you can't make it, you can't make it." Of course I wasn't suckered. When I asked Derri, "Can I get you to sign my CD," he answered, "I don't do that anymore." Big Grin Funniest thing about that was I shot him a look and he couldn't keep a straight face and immediately started chuckling.

Well, it's been fun, but I'm exhausted and need to get some sleep. See you guys around.

Smile
07-18-2005 00:11 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Great review sounds like it was all fun. Its really to the point now these shows are almost family reunions. 50% of being there is just hanging out with everyone.

Glad Mike's doing better when he did the show here he had just got his medication, which I think made him feel a little lousy in the car.

07-18-2005 00:16 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
You're welcome. I had to get online to do something else, so I thought I'd come here to let you all know how the show went.

I got your CD and had it signed. I inadvertently forgot to ask Steve to sign it. Sorry about that. Terry signed it: "Larry, Wish U were here" and Mike said, "Larrel, why isn't he here?" I told him you just couldn't make it and he said something to the effect of "How lame. So he suckered you into getting this for him? I guess if you can't make it, you can't make it." Of course I wasn't suckered. When I asked Derri, "Can I get you to sign my CD," he answered, "I don't do that anymore." Big Grin Funniest thing about that was I shot him a look and he couldn't keep a straight face and immediately started chuckling.

Well, it's been fun, but I'm exhausted and need to get some sleep. See you guys around.

dang i love those guys Big Grin

terry is the one dog i have not met.........i am going to have to do whatever it takes to see them next time they tour....

thanks bereal!!

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 07-18-2005 06:32.

07-18-2005 06:31 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

My new alter-ego on the LDMB, Piedmont Pundit, can't manage more than a post or so without logging in multiple times. I am frustrated, so I guess everyone will have to wait for our lame concert pics since I can't attach them here like on the LDMB. Crying

well, it worked good enough to get them posted:

http://www.thelostdogs.com/wbb2/thread.p...d=4496#post4496

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 07-18-2005 11:49.

07-18-2005 11:25 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah we would have to update the board here to get that function,
we are a little scared of doing that after last time. Wink

Thanks for posting the pics!

Sounds like a cookies issue on the Dogs board if it makes you log in
over and over. Your PC is not holding the information.
Sometimes with WondowsXP the 'temporary internet files'
folder under browser 'options' is set too large and can be corrupt.
Sometimes setting this to a new folder will help if its not possible
to clear it. http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

07-18-2005 12:04 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

totally cool-
thank you !

Sounds like the show was great- and a good turnout

and to get a WONDERFUL song like "To Cover You" dedicated to ya both, well~
you deserve it.

Now we want AUDIO!!!

(ok ok - we were getting greedy...)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-18-2005 12:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
illustrator illustrator is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-01-2004

I was at the show. It was excellent as reported. Nice venue.

Enjoyed meeting and talking with the sponsors: BeReal and MountainFan. Thanks guys for bringing the Dogs to Asheville. Hope it wont be too long till the next one.
07-18-2005 20:12 illustrator is offline Send an Email to illustrator Homepage of illustrator Search for Posts by illustrator Add illustrator to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by illustrator
I was at the show. It was excellent as reported. Nice venue.

Enjoyed meeting and talking with the sponsors: BeReal and MountainFan. Thanks guys for bringing the Dogs to Asheville. Hope it wont be too long till the next one.

Your welcome! It was a blast, and great meeting you!

It's always too long to the next one, but hopefully won't be too long. Smile

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-19-2005 08:19 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thanks for posting these pics MF, since I haven't even seen them yet. Tongue Big Grin Pleased

Smile
07-20-2005 00:14 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs Asheville NC - Free Show

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH