Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mike Warnke » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike Warnke 3 Votes - Average Rating: 4.003 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
nannagreene nannagreene is a female
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-27-2005

Mike Warnke Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi I am new at this site. I was searching the net for information on Mike Warnake, the Christian Comedian and your site came up. Does anyone have any idea how to reach him or what he is doing now? Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Nanna
01-27-2005 18:28 nannagreene is offline Send an Email to nannagreene Search for Posts by nannagreene Add nannagreene to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Try a search on Mike Warnke...it might give more relevant results.

Q: What kind of search engine sends out links to Daniel Amos for completely unrelated searches?

A: I don't know but it sounds like a good search engine to me!

01-27-2005 18:33 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i used to listen to him as a teenager.... i heard a lot of his stories were totally made up.... i don't know too much about what he is doing now...
i know he had some troubles.... Frown

Cool
01-27-2005 18:45 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

here's something....although i doubt this is what you wanted to see.

http://www.cornerstonemag.com/features/i...arnke_index.htm

01-27-2005 18:47 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I saw him a few times but not by choice. Have you ever heard Daniel Amos? Maybe there was a reason you came across this board Tongue

01-27-2005 18:56 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

read mikes responses to the article as well though....

http://www.cornerstonemag.com/features/i...se/csr0008a.htm
http://www.cornerstonemag.com/features/i...se/csr0009a.htm

Cool
01-27-2005 19:01 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
here's something....although i doubt this is what you wanted to see.

http://www.cornerstonemag.com/features/i...arnke_index.htm

That was one Heck of an article..
It made huge waves when it came out...
01-27-2005 19:02 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Might try here.... http://www.mikewarnke.org/

And I have no idea on the controversy, I have heard it,
but he gives information on it under the FAQ section
"Tribunal Board Hearing". To me a lot of it is a "he said,
she said" type of thing. It its possible to have a biased
driven 'news' article ala cbs, on the other hand sometimes
people don't exactlytell the truth in their ministries.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-27-2005 21:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I remember when that article came out. I was still feeling smug over all the people who were disillusioned by the Jim and Tammy Faye debacle. But then this thing came out about a preacher that I had bought into. I learned some humility.

(Now that I look back on a lot of his stories, they seem pretty, well, Roll Eyes .)
01-27-2005 21:32 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I remember when that article came out as well.

01-27-2005 23:58 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

That's a great story, Dennis.
01-28-2005 07:14 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But that's only because you understand what the hell he's talking about. Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
01-28-2005 07:40 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by nannagreene
Smile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I really thought that he had a great mission, but I can see how others may have found him a little tame. When Mike was in Charlotte I took my sister to see him. She was saved that night. He spoke with her that night an d told her that she looked like Carly Simon and it really changed her life.

My sister now has a teen son that is a satanist, or claims to be. His hero is Marilyn Manison and several times she has asked me to find out where to contact Mike. She feels that he could reach her son.

I am an old hippie and a grandmother who loves the Lord and enjoys Third Day. I keep praying that Trey, Sarah's son, will find the Lord. Can you help?

Nanna
01-28-2005 08:16 nannagreene is offline Send an Email to nannagreene Search for Posts by nannagreene Add nannagreene to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

Thanks. Have a great day!

Nanna
01-28-2005 08:20 nannagreene is offline Send an Email to nannagreene Search for Posts by nannagreene Add nannagreene to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

I am trying to find him for my sister. She was saved in one of his concerts. She has a son that is 16 and into satanism. she thinks that he might help. Do you have any suggestions?

Nanna
01-28-2005 08:23 nannagreene is offline Send an Email to nannagreene Search for Posts by nannagreene Add nannagreene to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

I am trying to find him for my sister. She was saved in one of his concerts. She has a son that is 16 and into satanism. She thinks that he might help. By the way, even though Third Day is my favorite, it does mean that I have forgotten how to rock. Medal has its place just like every form of music. Do you have any suggestions that might help my nephew?

Nanna
01-28-2005 08:27 nannagreene is offline Send an Email to nannagreene Search for Posts by nannagreene Add nannagreene to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by nannagreene
I really thought that he had a great mission, but I can see how others may have found him a little tame. When Mike was in Charlotte I took my sister to see him. She was saved that night. He spoke with her that night an d told her that she looked like Carly Simon and it really changed her life.

My sister now has a teen son that is a satanist, or claims to be. His hero is Marilyn Manison and several times she has asked me to find out where to contact Mike. She feels that he could reach her son.

I am an old hippie and a grandmother who loves the Lord and enjoys Third Day. I keep praying that Trey, Sarah's son, will find the Lord. Can you help?

I remember MW too; my wife & I must've seen him like 20 years ago now. Last I read a couple years ago he was living in Kentucky with his fourth wife and another series of legal issues. Between the above links and any others you can find I'm not sure you'll ultimately want to go this route.

There are definitely musicians working the same musical side of the street that might get through to yr nephew. But since I'm not there either, I'm not the best to recommend them. Deliverance and Undercover, maybe even Dead Artist Syndrome, come to mind, but others will no doubt suggest better....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
01-28-2005 08:37 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

agree- perhaps Mikes "ministry" is not one to seek any guidance from at this point.

I saw him twice in years past- and I
confess- i laughed a LOT, felt Gods tug, and conviction over my judging of others..

Its the old Trick- God loves to use us, and leaves us to decide how and what to do in it all.
Here are a few articles about Alice Cooper - giving perspective..
something like that can impact a youngster (and an oldster like me..)

http://www.jesusjournal.com/jj_testimony/cooper.html

http://www.almenconi.com/news/apr02/042902.html

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
01-28-2005 10:18 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Aqua Green Toupee
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

That's a great story, Dennis.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!Pleased

Hey! I got a million of 'em just like it! Tongue

01-28-2005 17:01 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I remember when the story broke too Pleased OK, I will try to give a story. My uncle loved Mike but he loved Glen even more so he went with the Rez point of view. I was just a kid so I didn't care Big Grin

01-28-2005 17:05 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mike Warnke

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH