Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » For Lyrics Send $2.00 and a S.A.S.E. to.... a 77s/Mike Roe Tribute » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page For Lyrics Send $2.00 and a S.A.S.E. to.... a 77s/Mike Roe Tribute
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
I was going to ask Wes about the Healy song. Here's where things ger unfair, I'll not pick on Jimsonweed or Dorf, but I'll step out and go "what?" to Brian's song. Wes, why the muddy mix, and how come you buried the vocals in the mix? It was a good version, and typical of Brian's better moments.

There's a story in how you hooked up, and somehow I think it involved Theo in there somewhere ...

well, i believe the majority of the muddiness came when i put the mp3 up for big dork to download....cause the mix i have is nowhere near as muddy. but besides that....the vocals are where brian wanted them. there are five stereo guitars, four seperate drum sets all going at once. i had my own ideas for the mix but brian had the ultimate say (since it was his song not mine) but we did discuss mixes...we just didn't always see eye to eye. good times. Smile we are gonna be playing a couple times this month....once in west la and once in orange county at some goth club.

brian and i hooked up in june, i think, no story really....and theo wasn't involved...although they were both at my home one night for a bbq which was a lot of fun. Smile

Tongue I like it a lot. I think your song was mixed a little better but one thing is for sure, Brian's is mixed a thousand times better than anything I ever did

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dorfsmith: 12-01-2004 16:27.

12-01-2004 16:27 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I was going to ask Wes about the Healy song. Here's where things ger unfair, I'll not pick on Jimsonweed or Dorf, but I'll step out and go "what?" to Brian's song. Wes, why the muddy mix, and how come you buried the vocals in the mix? It was a good version, and typical of Brian's better moments.

There's a story in how you hooked up, and somehow I think it involved Theo in there somewhere ...

As to that "review" by that tall fellow, it wasn't as easy as he let on about getting on the album ... I had one song, only one. Okay, so it was already taken by another band ... but gee whiz.

By the way, the official release is stronger overall by a smidgeon than the pre-effort, and Brian's song fits in really well with the opening punches.

Go ahead and pick on me. I hear you throw little guys like me around at bars and stuff. Tongue

12-01-2004 16:29 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
blame the audiori's Tongue

Thanks for the response. I take it that's the obscenity(?) filter at work that I've seen mentioned?

JB
12-01-2004 16:59 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Yes. Half the words I say get changed Big Grin My favorite right now is .baby = baby Big Grin

12-01-2004 17:01 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:

well, i believe the majority of the muddiness came when i put the mp3 up for big dork to download....cause the mix i have is nowhere near as muddy. but besides that....the vocals are where brian wanted them. there are five stereo guitars, four seperate drum sets all going at once. i had my own ideas for the mix but brian had the ultimate say (since it was his song not mine) but we did discuss mixes...we just didn't always see eye to eye. good times. Smile

you can blame BD... Red Face

He should have pushed for a CD copy but it was getting so close at the end that he just went with it. Crying Crying Crying

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Eleanor: 12-01-2004 18:22.

12-01-2004 18:22 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Platyhelminth

Roll Eyes
12-01-2004 18:23 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Platyhelminth

http://www.bigdork.org/77sTribute/Clips/...sso-WebOnly.mp3

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Eleanor: 12-01-2004 18:25.

12-01-2004 18:25 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

If only I had spare dollars at the monmet I'd buy this. Man... Even if a new DA project came out I don't have the $'s right now Frown

12-01-2004 21:34 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I think one of my favorites is Cry Out Loud - Melody and Jim Butler. I just love Melody's voice! The music is great too.

12-03-2004 20:54 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I just got my copy, and I'm enjoying it so far. Thanks, BD. You do good work. Thanks to Wes too. Too bad I live so far away now. It'd be nice to do some recording with you again.

Greg

12-14-2004 01:23 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » For Lyrics Send $2.00 and a S.A.S.E. to.... a 77s/Mike Roe Tribute

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH