Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Roe Article » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Roe Article 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Three out of four people agree...OK Computer is great Cool Big Grin

10-29-2004 17:32 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
eddie p eddie p is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 09-30-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
Originally posted by eddie p
Well it's certainly a hell of alot better than that Jars Of Clay crapola you guys were talking about the other day

i was dissing them too.... Tongue
at least we all agree that Da .rocks!!! Cool

Sorry Joey.
I'm glad we're on the same page as far as Jars Of Crap is concerned.
I used to work for the company that distirbutes them. Imagine my horror having to pack and ship all that crappy music out to all those poor people. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

10-29-2004 17:34 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

LOL

Crazy Times was the only song of theirs I liked. I bought a couple of their CD when I was a kid but I recently sold them on ebay Cool

LOL audiori that looks funny but I'll leave it Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dorfsmith: 10-29-2004 17:36.

10-29-2004 17:35 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

We used to get their pollution for free because we worked there. I did like two songs off of If I Left The Zoo but that's it.
You can't even begin to imagine all of the crappy cds we sent out.
What really amazes me is all of the crap that came back through returns.

What really gaulled me was......
Here we are in this crappy warehouse shipping out all this crap when under the same roof we've got Lost Dogs, Daniel Amos, Terry Taylor, Adam Again, Mike Knott and Rick Altizer and what do the zombies want. Jars Of Crap and Michael Crapping You Out Smith. I'll never understand it.

We actually had to call up Rick and see if he wanted any copies of his cds because we were about to throw them in the dump. You can't even begin to imagine all of the cds we threw away. Great music in the nadaed dump.
I remember tossing a bunch of stuff one day and somehow in the bunch there was a lone copy of Dogfish Jones by LSU. It's now in my collection. We didn't distribute it and it shouldn't have been there but I'm glad it was.

The waste the waste the waste.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by eddie p: 10-29-2004 17:50.

10-29-2004 17:38 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
You might. I'd listen to some clips first. Hey, they might have them at the library Tongue

I'll get MF to check the library. I don't have time to search through all those CD's when I'm at the library cuz we spend the entire time in the children's section. Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
10-29-2004 17:50 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bereal
Big Grin

It's alright eddie! Most people forget about Derri after Terry walks in the room ~ I'm just not most people! Tongue

Derri was the last to walk in the room.
Tim was there too but we didn't do him.
I like Derri when he sings Terry songs.
I just never bought any Choir albums ever.
No, that's not true.
I bought Free Flying Soul because I heard Salamander on the radio and loved it. I didn't like the rest of it though so I didn't want to take another chance with another one. Mike always says Circle Slide is awesome. I think that's the one.I did like their Kissers And Killers single. and their contribution to the first Brow Beat thing.

I'm sure Tim was glad you didn't do him! Shocked

Seriously though, the Choir is awesome ~ just don't listen to carl! My favorites are probably Circle Slide & Kissers and Killers. I think Free Flying Soul is probably my least favorite. We have the boxed set ~ unfortunately it's not available right now.

MF just surprised me today (well, he didn't know when he'd surprise me) with a package we got in the mail. After making sure he ordered it, I opened it to find a Kissers and Killers t-shirt! Pleased

Smile
10-29-2004 17:56 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
We used to get their pollution for free because we worked there. I did like two songs off of If I Left The Zoo but that's it.

Here we are in this crappy warehouse shipping out all this crap when under the same roof we've got Lost Dogs, Daniel Amos, Terry Taylor, Adam Again, Mike Knott and Rick Altizer and what do the zombies want. Jars Of Crap and Michael Crapping You Out Smith. I'll never understand it.

We actually had to call up Rick and see if he wanted any copies of his cds because we were about to throw them in the dump. You can't even begin to imagine all of the cds we threw away. Great music in the nadaed dump.
I remember tossing a bunch of stuff one day and somehow in the bunch there was a lone copy of Dogfish Jones by LSU. It's now in my collection. We didn't distribute it and it shouldn't have been there but I'm glad it was.

Were you allowed to keep what you wanted? That is just too sad to throw all that out Crying Crying Crying Did you sell any of it to Radrockers?

10-29-2004 17:57 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
quote:
You might. I'd listen to some clips first. Hey, they might have them at the library Tongue

I'll get MF to check the library. I don't have time to search through all those CD's when I'm at the library cuz we spend the entire time in the children's section. Big Grin

My library only has about 5 CD's and they are all Christmas except for one Backstreet Boys CD Crying

10-29-2004 17:59 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:

Were you allowed to keep what you wanted? That is just too sad to throw all that out Crying Crying Crying Did you sell any of it to Radrockers?

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Please tell me you didn't throw LD, DA and TST in the dump! Shocked

Smile
10-29-2004 17:59 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:

My library only has about 5 CD's and they are all Christmas except for one Backstreet Boys CD Crying

You poor soul! Our library is brimming with CDs, but for some reason I question whether they would put out and Lost Dogs or Daniel Amos even if we donated it to them. Frown

Smile
10-29-2004 18:01 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
FaintScentsOfSewage
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-26-2002

Where is this dump located?
10-29-2004 18:06 FaintScentsOfSewage is offline Send an Email to FaintScentsOfSewage Search for Posts by FaintScentsOfSewage Add FaintScentsOfSewage to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tongue

10-29-2004 18:06 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin

Smile
10-29-2004 18:13 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Okay guys.
Yeah I looked at "do him" and thought about putting interview in instead but I didn't feel like typing interview because it was longer and now you've got me typing interview three times. But that's cute.

Next: No they didn't allow us as a rule to keep anything we wanted
and no I would never even think about making any kind of profit
moneywise from any of those cds we threw away. But there were just hundred of cases of TST Best Of, Best Of Lost Dogs, Worldwide Favorites,Witherwing By Mike Knott, the Best Of LSU, TST John Wayne,
and countless others; and yes bereal. I'm sorry but The Choir was also a casualty with Free Flying Soul and The Live Thing I forget what it's called but yes it too went in the huge dumpster at the back of the building. The more I work at these places like there and now where I'm at the waste is just so awful. Now you've got to imagine. I'm waste deep in a dumpster surrounded be hundreds of these cds by artists I'd grown up with in my life. They meant something to me. Their music was the soundtrack to my life and they were telling me that I didn't matter either. That's kind of what it felt like. I was the only one in that whole warehouse who even heard of those bands. That;s why it's so nice to be able to talk with people who are on the same page as you. You don't feel so much like an oddball then.
Anyway I've got 6 cases of contraband saved from the Abyss in my attempt to do something worth while. I just thought if they were throwing them away why not try to spread some of the love so I give them away to people who I think have the "force". So far I've only succeeded in giving some to Mike and my exgirlfriend. Maybe I could just mail them to Terry. He might run out of John Wayne you never knowBut I just felt like it was my duty to save some of that great music. It certainly deserves more than a nadaed dumpster.

10-29-2004 18:37 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

[quote]Originally posted by FaintScentsOfSewage
Where is this dump located?[/quot

If you go out to the Nashville land fill wherever that is you could probably build yourself a pretty good cd collection.Good music that stinks.

10-29-2004 18:43 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Crying Crying Do you have any idea how much that really makes me want to cry Crying Crying

10-29-2004 18:43 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
[quote]Originally posted by FaintScentsOfSewage
Where is this dump located?[/quot

If you go out to the Nashville land fill wherever that is you could probably build yourself a pretty good cd collection.Good music that stinks.

Crying

10-29-2004 18:44 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Okay guys.
Yeah I looked at "do him" and thought about putting interview in instead but I didn't feel like typing interview because it was longer and now you've got me typing interview three times. But that's cute.

moneywise from any of those cds we threw away. But there were just hundred of cases of TST Best Of, Best Of Lost Dogs, Worldwide Favorites,Witherwing By Mike Knott, the Best Of LSU, TST John Wayne,
and countless others; and yes bereal. I'm sorry but The Choir was also a casualty with Free Flying Soul and The Live Thing I forget what it's called but yes it too went in the huge dumpster at the back of the building. The more I work at these places like there and now where I'm at the waste is just so awful. Now you've got to imagine. I'm waste deep in a dumpster surrounded be hundreds of these cds by artists I'd grown up with in my life. They meant something to me. Their music was the soundtrack to my life and they were telling me that I didn't matter either. That's kind of what it felt like. I was the only one in that whole warehouse who even heard of those bands. That;s why it's so nice to be able to talk with people who are on the same page as you. You don't feel so much like an oddball then.
Anyway I've got 6 cases of contraband saved from the Abyss in my attempt to do something worth while. I just thought if they were throwing them away why not try to spread some of the love so I give them away to people who I think have the "force". So far I've only succeeded in giving some to Mike and my exgirlfriend. Maybe I could just mail them to Terry. He might run out of John Wayne you never knowBut I just felt like it was my duty to save some of that great music. It certainly deserves more than a nadaed dumpster.

Crying

Glad you saved some! Maybe out of those 6 cases of contraband you can get 10 people to like DA! Tongue As for that live Choir CD ~ was it Cornerstone 2000 Live? I really like that one ~ especially that live version of Circle Slide.

I hear you when you say that people look at you like an oddball when you mention any of these bands. Very few people have even heard of them cuz they aren't CCM crap! I was talking to a lady today on the phone and mentioned them and she was clueless. When she mentioned the type of music she likes, I think she might actually like the Dogs and some of Terry's solo stuff.

And one funny I have to share on this note: I mentioned to a friend that MF and I were going to see the Lost Dogs. She said, "Who are the Licked Dogs?" I just about fell on the floor! Big Grin

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bereal: 10-29-2004 18:50.

10-29-2004 18:47 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I know man. I mean at first I would really start to well up with tears standing there in that nadaed dumpster. But you know whay man. The aarecord companies know better. All that waste is good for the community. They can inflate costs to counter measure the losses they have to take because they know nada well they're gonna be throwing those cds away.

10-29-2004 18:50 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
quote:
Okay guys.

Crying

Glad you saved some! Maybe out of those 6 cases of contraband you can get 10 people to like DA! Tongue As for that live Choir CD ~ was it Cornerstone 2000 Live? I really like that one ~ especially that live version of Circle Slide.

I hear you when you say that people look at you like an oddball when you mention any of these bands. Very few people have even heard of them cuz they aren't CCM crap! I was talking to a lady today on the phone and mentioned them and she was clueless. When she mentioned the type of music she likes, I think she might actually like the Dogs and some of Terry's solo stuff.

And one funny I have to share on this note: I mentioned to a friend that MF and I were going to see the Lost Dogs. She said, "Who are the Licked Dogs?" I just about fell on the floor! Big Grin

LOL and if I could get these smiley faces to come up on this thing you'd see some idiot blue circle of a face laughing his arse off.

No the live one was one that coincided with Free Flying Soul. Maybe it was an EP. Yeah I think it was an EP that had a live version of something on it.

10-29-2004 19:02 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Roe Article

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH