Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » AMG and CCM and the Terry Connection » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page AMG and CCM and the Terry Connection 2 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

AMG and CCM and the Terry Connection Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You guys will LOVE this............

check it out:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=F0GSPL

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-18-2004 09:40 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Love is such a STRONG word.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....but how the heck did they get from there to here?

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-18-2004 09:43 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

CCM came from gospel? Whose butt have they had their head stuck in?

More like CCM started different (more like secular music) and morphed into pop gospel or something?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-18-2004 10:01 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Thread Starter Thread Started by Woggy
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh, dang it..........they must change the little icons and names periodically, because now it doesn't say DA anymore................

there was a little icon of Kalhoun, and Daniel Amos's name was there - under the CCM title Smile

Oh, go here instead !!

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...2975&sql=C11917

06-18-2004 10:03 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
Oh, dang it..........they must change the little icons and names periodically, because now it doesn't say DA anymore................

there was a little icon of Kalhoun, and Daniel Amos's name was there - under the CCM title Smile

Oh, go here instead !!

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...2975&sql=C11917

I clicked on the Alternative CCM tab and noticed there was a little icon of Swirling Eddies' "Let's Spin"! Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

06-18-2004 10:12 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...l=Boysqoaqabijz

Is this any better?

Got a few miles left ...

06-18-2004 10:13 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...l=Boysqoaqabijz

Is this any better?

Well, maybe not. Notice they didn't rate MBD that highly. Their ears must've been too full of crap by that time to give it a decent listen. Mad

Got a few miles left ...

06-18-2004 10:15 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Thread Starter Thread Started by Woggy

But it's cool that they're listed on this site..........................It's probably a popular music site, and maybe more folks will give 'em a listen Smile Smile

06-18-2004 10:20 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
But it's cool that they're listed on this site..........................It's probably a popular music site, and maybe more folks will give 'em a listen Smile Smile

Yeah, and then they can form their own 5-stars opinions! Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

06-18-2004 10:22 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

1. Twelve Gates to the City performed by Davis Sisters / Daniel Amos (Da) - 2:54
06-18-2004 11:16 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

no it's not cool... Da is not ccm! ccm sucks! this thread sucks... Mad

06-18-2004 11:32 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tell us what y'r really feeling, Joey. Don't hold back on us now.... y'r among friends....

Big Grin

06-18-2004 11:37 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well.... were you still on the dadl when i made the comment that i would only consider going to the creation fest here in washington state if i brought my flame-thrower with me??? Shocked

Pleased

06-18-2004 11:42 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I am a bit surprised that Dunkin Larry Donut isnt listed as a CCM founder
I will stick by my guns that he did a LOT for the genre in its infancy- whether or not he was fair about his dealings may be another matter......

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-18-2004 11:43 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
well.... were you still on the dadl when i made the comment that i would only consider going to the creation fest here in washington state if i brought my flame-thrower with me??? Shocked

Pleased

Don't remember that.... on the other hand, it wouldn't've shocked me enough to notice it....

Big Grin

06-18-2004 11:46 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Radioactive Cow Poop
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I am a bit surprised that Dunkin Larry Donut isnt listed as a CCM founder
I will stick by my guns that he did a LOT for the genre in its infancy- whether or not he was fair about his dealings may be another matter......

Did someone say Dunkin' Donuts??? Pleased

06-18-2004 11:48 Radioactive Cow Poop is offline Send an Email to Radioactive Cow Poop Search for Posts by Radioactive Cow Poop Add Radioactive Cow Poop to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Some Important Artists

Vanessa Bell Armstrong (no music = N - never saw = N)
Audio Adrenaline (have music = Y - have seen =Y)
Margaret Becker (Y and Y)
Caedmon's Call (N and Y)
Bob Carlisle (N and N)
Steven Curtis Chapman (Y and Y)
Andraé Crouch (N and N)
Daniel Amos (DA) (Y and N - not as DA)
dc Talk (Y and Y)
Michael English (N and N)
Kirk Franklin (N and N)
Bill Gaither (N and N)
Amy Grant (Y and N)
Edwin Hawkins (Y and N)
T.D. Jakes (N and N)
Jars of Clay (Y and Y)
Rich Mullins (N and N)
MXPX (Y and N)
Newsboys (Y and Y)
Michael Omartian (N and N)
Twila Paris (N and N)
Sandi Patty (N and N)
Charlie Peacock (Y and N)
Petra (Y and Y)
Rebecca St. James (N and N)
The 77's (Y and N- not as the 7s)
Michael W. Smith (Y and Y)
Stryper (Y and N)

I'm 9 of 28 in visual and 15 of 28 in audio

anyone?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-18-2004 11:55 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Vanessa Bell Armstrong (n and n)
Audio Adrenaline (y and n)
Margaret Becker (y and y)
Caedmon's Call (y and n)
Bob Carlisle (y and n)
Steven Curtis Chapman (y and n)
Andraé Crouch (y and y)
Daniel Amos (DA) (y and n)
dc Talk (y and n)
Michael English (n and n)
Kirk Franklin (n and n)
Bill Gaither (y adn n)
Amy Grant (y and n)
Edwin Hawkins (y and n)
T.D. Jakes (n and n)
Jars of Clay (y and y)
Rich Mullins (y and n)
MXPX (y and n)
Newsboys (y and n)
Michael Omartian (n and n)
Twila Paris (y adn n)
Sandi Patty (y and n)
Charlie Peacock (y and n)
Petra (y and y)
Rebecca St. James (y and n)
The 77's (y and y and soon to see again!!!)
Michael W. Smith (y and y)
Stryper (y and n)

23 and 6

El
06-18-2004 12:01 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
Some Important Artists

Vanessa Bell Armstrong (no music = N - never saw = N)
Audio Adrenaline (have music = Y - have seen =Y)
Margaret Becker (Y and Y)
Caedmon's Call (N and Y)
Bob Carlisle (N and N)
Steven Curtis Chapman (Y and Y)
Andraé Crouch (N and N)
Daniel Amos (DA) (Y and N - not as DA)
dc Talk (Y and Y)
Michael English (N and N)
Kirk Franklin (N and N)
Bill Gaither (N and N)
Amy Grant (Y and N)
Edwin Hawkins (Y and N)
T.D. Jakes (N and N)
Jars of Clay (Y and Y)
Rich Mullins (N and N)
MXPX (Y and N)
Newsboys (Y and Y)
Michael Omartian (N and N)
Twila Paris (N and N)
Sandi Patty (N and N)
Charlie Peacock (Y and N)
Petra (Y and Y)
Rebecca St. James (N and N)
The 77's (Y and N- not as the 7s)
Michael W. Smith (Y and Y)
Stryper (Y and N)

I'm 9 of 28 in visual and 15 of 28 in audio

anyone?

Well let's see, I have music from Daniel Amos Charlie Peacock and The 77's. Unfortunately I have seen several of those other bands but it was only because my church forced me too as their youth pastor Crying Rich Mullins is a valid artist and MXPX first CD was awesome. I recently sold all my Jars of Clay though.

06-18-2004 12:04 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Their MBD review is not by an impartial guy. It was actually
changed for a while and someone changed it back to the unflattering
one.

Larry Norman did a lot for Christian Rock in the early 70s.
But, he was not the first. His first album and Randy Stonehills
first albums were both paid for by Pat Boone, if I remember the
story. In fact I think part of it is told on the One Night In 20 Years
video.

There were Christian Rock bands putting out records before '71
though.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-18-2004 14:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » AMG and CCM and the Terry Connection

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH