Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » been away awhile - DA site redesign » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page been away awhile - DA site redesign 2 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 07-27-2003

been away awhile - DA site redesign Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's been several months since I checked the site and board. When was the design overhaul done on the DA site? Looks like a definite step backwards in appearance and usability to me. The scroll bar is particularly irritating. Yuck.

05-26-2004 09:03 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Smile could use some tweaks, but hey! it's not my site Tongue

welcome back Big Grin

05-26-2004 09:15 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, the intention is to keep it changing. And each
version wll not make everyone happy, if you don't like this
one, don't worry it will change again.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-26-2004 15:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

kinda like the weather in MN! Tongue

05-26-2004 15:35 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: been away awhile - DA site redesign Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ToryNotion
It's been several months since I checked the site and board. When was the design overhaul done on the DA site? Looks like a definite step backwards in appearance and usability to me. The scroll bar is particularly irritating. Yuck.

Just curious...

Where are you getting a scroll bar thats different than before?
There was always a scroll bar on the right for the "content"
part of the site.. are you on a really small screen size?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-26-2004 16:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

i like it.

and i like the idea of it changing periodically.

05-26-2004 18:07 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by ToryNotion

Audiori,

I'm using an IBM laptop with 1024x768 display resolution and Internet Explorer 5.5. The main text with the blueish background has a scroll bar
so if I want to see the tour dates I have to scroll down. Of course the natural inclination is to use the standard scroll bar on the IE window but that only shows me a little more of the page. I have to use the 'inner' scroll bar which is a bit of a pain. I've never seen another page designed like this and i've been web browsing since the early 90's. I'm sure you did it so that the horizontal menu would stay in the same place.

05-26-2004 18:13 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I see lots of web pages with that inner scroll bar. So it was not a huge surprise to me.

05-26-2004 18:15 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quit all that technical talk that most of us don't understand! Roll Eyes

05-26-2004 18:15 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Big Gay Al
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-06-2003

That's cause' you skip the main page silly.

05-26-2004 18:16 Big Gay Al is offline Send an Email to Big Gay Al Search for Posts by Big Gay Al Add Big Gay Al to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

i thought this was the main page? Cool

05-26-2004 18:17 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Big Gay Al
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-06-2003

poo Red Face

05-26-2004 18:18 Big Gay Al is offline Send an Email to Big Gay Al Search for Posts by Big Gay Al Add Big Gay Al to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

the other 'main page'...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ToryNotion: 05-26-2004 18:22.

05-26-2004 18:19 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by ToryNotion
Audiori,

I'm using an IBM laptop with 1024x768 display resolution and Internet Explorer 5.5. The main text with the blueish background has a scroll bar
so if I want to see the tour dates I have to scroll down. Of course the natural inclination is to use the standard scroll bar on the IE window but that only shows me a little more of the page. I have to use the 'inner' scroll bar which is a bit of a pain. I've never seen another page designed like this and i've been web browsing since the early 90's. I'm sure you did it so that the horizontal menu would stay in the same place.

Baby

05-26-2004 18:19 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

You guys are right, it's a great, great design. It's the DFBB of band web pages. It is way, way, way better than this page ! Now that is a very bad web page design.

05-26-2004 18:28 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Carman
Tuxedo-clad Megastar

Registration Date: 04-12-2002

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

why don't you come to my site, big boy? Smile )

http://www.carman.org/

05-26-2004 19:20 Carman is offline Send an Email to Carman Homepage of Carman Search for Posts by Carman Add Carman to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Mikey likes it.

05-27-2004 07:17 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » been away awhile - DA site redesign

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH