Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Anyone else having trouble with Web store? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Anyone else having trouble with Web store?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Fandango Salad Fandango Salad is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-13-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can appreciate that these guys do this in their spare time. However, if you are going to run a legit Web store, and not get the general public (who by in large does not go through the hassle of reading Web boards or the DaDL) very Mountain Dewed off at you, then you need to communicate better. 3 attempts to contact them about my order status and not a peep. A simple email saying, "we are behind and your order has not yet shipped" would have gone a LONG way -- OR "we are behind, but we shipped your order on blah..." Then at least I could have made my uname angryPostOfficeFan and gone barking up a different tree.

I can appreciate being swampped but that needs to come across more clearly than a small, outdated note at the top of a Web store. It should be communicated clearly. Also, ignoring attempts to contact the store (via email or their own order info link) is also a quick trip to the Better Business Bureau.
02-13-2004 12:53 Fandango Salad is offline Send an Email to Fandango Salad Search for Posts by Fandango Salad Add Fandango Salad to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Fandango Salad: Daniel Goscha YIM Account Name of Fandango Salad: Daniel Goscha View the MSN Profile for Fandango Salad
Über Parrot
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-20-2002
Location: I am Right.........all the time! Repent you lost sinners. Stop your swearing and cussing and drinking and R movies and smoking and laughing and having fun and those stoopid smiley faces

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I could swear (but I wont cuz I don't) that there was more to this thread a minute ago.

Übie

02-13-2004 13:21 Über Parrot is offline Send an Email to Über Parrot Search for Posts by Über Parrot Add Über Parrot to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Is it normal for an order to be late? No. But at the moment,
we're going through all kinds of stuff that have caused
us to be behind a bit since the Holidays. However, if you're
still waiting on something from December - please send us a
note with more info at audiori@danielamos.com .
(Read some of the other threads on the subject for more
info on whats going on... most of those threads should still
be close to the top. Some pretty big changes going on behind
the scenes).

No emails to the regular order info form are being ignored -we're
simply behind on answering them. When that happens, you can
always write to us at this other address. We get literally hundreds
of emails a day about all kinds of things .. promoters, trivia questions,
etc... once we get a little behind on email - it snowballs and takes
a long time to get caught up. The form we just put up helps sort
the emails quite a bit, but we still have to dig through tons of other
email to get to the order questions.

(I'm also concerned about the Stonehill's Hat order someone
mentioned... that person should send us a note too at the
above address - unless they already have)

Lastly, order discussions are not allowed on the board. There
are many reasons for this - the main one is that once we start
allowing it, it tends to discourage regular posts. At least thats
what happened early on. That might be less of a concern these
days, but we've had a strict policy against it since then. Another
reason, is that most of these folks probably don't care to read it.
A third reason is that usually when folks post on a message board
about an order they're not actually trying to get anything fixed...
they're just wanting to cause trouble. We've had people go on
a board and complain about an order and *never* give us any
info about who they are or what they ordered. I'm not sure
what causes people to do that, but it's clear that their intent is
not just to get help. We could list more reasons as well.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-13-2004 13:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Lastly, order discussions are not allowed on the board.

I can certainly appreciate that. I *JUST* sent you an email to the address you listed with the subject, "from the DA discussion board". We can take it from there (I hope!).

The problem is, I sent an email to that address already in an attempt to resolve this. So, the only option left was draging this up here.

Thanks and I'll post more on-topic now for penance Wink
02-13-2004 15:02 Fandango Salad is offline Send an Email to Fandango Salad Search for Posts by Fandango Salad Add Fandango Salad to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Fandango Salad: Daniel Goscha YIM Account Name of Fandango Salad: Daniel Goscha View the MSN Profile for Fandango Salad
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Fandango Salad
quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Lastly, order discussions are not allowed on the board.

I can certainly appreciate that. I *JUST* sent you an email to the address you listed with the subject, "from the DA discussion board". We can take it from there (I hope!).

The problem is, I sent an email to that address already in an attempt to resolve this. So, the only option left was draging this up here.

Thanks and I'll post more on-topic now for penance Wink

You now must say 1000 Swirling Eddies and not pick your nose for three days. Red Face This shall be your punishment Red Face

02-13-2004 15:04 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Normal Noggin

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
>SNIP!< ...not pick your nose for three days. Red Face This shall be your punishment Red Face

You guys run a tight ship around here. Dang!!! I gotta go sit on my hands to get through this one...
02-13-2004 15:08 Fandango Salad is offline Send an Email to Fandango Salad Search for Posts by Fandango Salad Add Fandango Salad to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Fandango Salad: Daniel Goscha YIM Account Name of Fandango Salad: Daniel Goscha View the MSN Profile for Fandango Salad
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Fandango Salad
quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
>SNIP!< ...not pick your nose for three days. Red Face This shall be your punishment Red Face

You guys run a tight ship around here. Dang!!! I gotta go sit on my hands to get through this one...

I don't run anything around here Red Face I just pretend to Tongue

02-13-2004 15:11 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

We also have been wondering if our server is blocking some
emails because of spam/virus blocking software. Because we have
had someone else say they have emailed the audiori address,
that we have not heard from.. I told them to use the 'request an
email reciept' when they write to that address, mainly to test it.

Doing all these websites we get tons of spam email as well,
and that could be a big issue with the emails. We are going to have
to check the settings on the servers.

With some of the changes going on behind the scenes,
everyone should see some major differences on how things
have been done in the past. The last couple months we have been
working towards some of those changes as well as trying to ge caught
up, so once we are ahead of the game again we hope it will
be a vast improvement.

Durring this process we will also be revamping some of the
websites... and there will be some new releases tied in as well.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-13-2004 15:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Yup! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Über Parrot
I could swear (but I wont cuz I don't) that there was more to this thread a minute ago.

Übie

Tongue

02-13-2004 15:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i sent an e-mail regarding the uncle stonehill order.... don't want to discuss that here, but just wanted to make sure you guys got the e-mail... Smile

02-13-2004 15:23 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Anyone else having trouble with Web store?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH