Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Eddies preorder campaign » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Eddies preorder campaign 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Eddies preorder campaign Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey J&E...

Seriously here, you guys should check out the Marillion site and check out how they're doing the "Marbles" preorder campaign. It could really push along the Swirling Eddies fundraising and give all involved some ideas.

One came to me today, actually, and this is directed to all the members of the board. Putting aside that the audio quality is right around bootleg level,
and that the packaging would necessarily be in the flat cardboard sleeves with a sticker label attached, would board members still be up for dropping $10 for an audio version of the Anaheim concert?

This may be a good way of ponying up some needed funds for Eddies recording, can be put together efficiently and economically and probably has a built-in audience. I'd drop ten for a car-ready version of the show.

Anyone? This thread is important!
DwD
12-30-2003 13:53 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, exactly what we are fishing for.... Terry has some ideas,
and we've had some...this is a good one as well... discuss. Smile

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-30-2003 14:14 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sure, I'd put $10 towards that. Smile

shoot, I haven't even watched the DVD yet! It's still sitting on my shelf. (of course I did see the video before it went to DVD so I'm not in a big hurry)

BD

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 12-30-2003 15:48.

12-30-2003 15:47 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

DVD?
You mean theres a DVD of an old Daniel Amos show?
Really?
I wouldn't know.
I HAVENT SEEN MINE IN DE MAIL YET!
(wah)

but I like the idea......

can we get a slush fund started- to who, how, when, where, what?
(we already know why...)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-30-2003 16:02 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

your's must be lost forever in the mail.... Crying

12-30-2003 17:15 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

that's all good. whatever you guys decide will be fine with me.

12-30-2003 17:44 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Not exactly... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm sorry, the quality of the sound has to be a lot better for an audio version to sell. That and throw in other/different clips.

With the DVD, the reduced audio quality is more than offset by the video. People like me are going to need something more than an exact audio extraction of the DVD, it just won't sound good, and will be beneath the standard of quality we're all used to.

We can do better than mediocre/poor bootleg quality, I think.

12-30-2003 18:38 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by DwDunphy
The necessities Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Of course, there are some rules if we're gonna make this thing woik... uh, work...

First off, there can't be any licensing entanglements with old or defunct labels. That cuts down on the profit margin which, after all, is the point. This is about getting a decent budget up for the guys to work with.

Second, the project has to be manufactured on the cheap. Brutal truth here; deluxe packaging will eat up more money than it earns. So I guess dream projects need to wait another day.

Maybe you can issue a special shirt through Cafe Press devoted specifically to this fund. Design it like an election T-Shirt and have it say "Camarill-04!"
or "Don't blame me, I voted for The Swirling Eddies", or something like that. Mark the price accordingly so that the band can turn some kind of profit from it... Perhaps buttons and bumper stickers along the same line too.

Just ideas. Keep passing them on. Eventually we'll find the perfect fit.

DwD

By the way, we know what a DA concept album sounds like. But what in blazes would an Eddies concept album sound like?
12-30-2003 19:02 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

There are a few other live shows sitting around - not quite good
enough quality to justify a full printing/live album - but certainly
something that many of you would probably enjoy... maybe
we could do a small printing of something like that for the
"Eddies cause".

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-30-2003 19:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Yes, I can't wait for Marillion - Marbles.

We want more DA, Eddies, etc.

12-30-2003 20:50 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

I would not buy one..
DVD is great , if I want to listen to audio only I'll make a CD....Which I don't see myself doing anytime soon...I've never been a "live concert" fan unless you can see it , with the exception of some: "Creams Farwell Concert" , "88" , "San Quentin", to name three... just being honest..
01-01-2004 22:47 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Eddies preorder campaign

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH