Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » CCM Magazine December 2003 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page CCM Magazine December 2003 6 Votes - Average Rating: 7.006 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

RE: Terry's opinion Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by freak
quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:
Written by Terry Scott Taylor *edited*Oh by the way, speaking of Award Shows, I learned recently that Daniel Amos has the honor of being the first band inducted into CCM Music Magazine's Hall of Fame. Who'd a thunk it, huh? There's even a rumor of a Dove Award following on it's heals, but it's only a rumor, so don't hold your breath. I've had fantasies in the past about getting a Dove. I'm really very honored and deeply touched by CCM Magazines gesture, and if per chance the Dove thing happens, I promise to walk the straight and narrow and do my utmost to gush with the best of em. Besides' one day when I stand before the Lord, if nothing else maybe I'll be able to impress Him with my Dove award.

*edited*

read the whole article on the main page "Terry and Britney"

nobody else senses the sarcasm in terry's comments??? Confused

IMHO - the sarcasm is dripping... making puddles on the floor - Uncle Terry is not motivated to do music for dove awards...

As I read the original - before I saw this new stuff on the thread; I was laughing out loud.

Anybody with even the most simple grasp of Terry's music should know how he feels about the Dove Awards.

11-23-2003 15:18 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tell us please, some of us are too simple to get it.

11-23-2003 15:39 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't think DA cares about winning Doves or getting into
CCM Magazine.. but I don't think that necessarily means that
it doesn't mean anything to them if it happens.

I mean, yes, the idea of the Dove Awards is stupid. Many times,
they're honoring the worst of CCM... If say, Steven Curtis Chapman
wins his 73rd Dove this year... who cares? He wins a dozen every
single year. Last time I watched, DC Talk was still winning awards
for albums that were 5 years old. BUT... for someone like DA or the
Choir to be given a Dove.. it is sort of an amazing thing. It's not the
goal of their career.. they're not crafting their albums to appeal to
that crowd.. but if they get noticed, I'm sure they appreciate it on
some level. Last time I was at Dan Michael's house, he had the
Choir's Dove sitting on a shelf... it looked really beat up, but still...
he still cared enough that he sat it on a shelf after beating it with
a hammer or whatever he did with it.

I'm sure they're not going to treasure the award (if it happens) by
placing it on a pedestal in their living rooms, with disco balls, spotlights
and smoke machines... but that doesn't mean they'll immediately throw
it out on the curb for the trashman either.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-23-2003 16:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I don't think DA cares about winning Doves or getting into
CCM Magazine.. but I don't think that necessarily means that
it doesn't mean anything to them if it happens.

I mean, yes, the idea of the Dove Awards is stupid. Many times,
they're honoring the worst of CCM... If say, Steven Curtis Chapman
wins his 73rd Dove this year... who cares? He wins a dozen every
single year. Last time I watched, DC Talk was still winning awards
for albums that were 5 years old. BUT... for someone like DA or the
Choir to be given a Dove.. it is sort of an amazing thing. It's not the
goal of their career.. they're not crafting their albums to appeal to
that crowd.. but if they get noticed, I'm sure they appreciate it on
some level. Last time I was at Dan Michael's house, he had the
Choir's Dove sitting on a shelf... it looked really beat up, but still...
he still cared enough that he sat it on a shelf after beating it with
a hammer or whatever he did with it.

I'm sure they're not going to treasure the award (if it happens) by
placing it on a pedestal in their living rooms, with disco balls, spotlights
and smoke machines... but that doesn't mean they'll immediately throw
it out on the curb for the trashman either.

This was my point but was better stated by audiori Pleased

11-24-2003 13:45 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Does anybody care about these awards? Well, the people that work there maybe. But I think that it's the recognition that matters. People notice. Some people always talk about the "mindless throng" that only buys the music that they are told to buy. Well, if the powers that be "tell" them to buy NCT, who is hurt? Us? Because we no longer have our private little unknown band anymore? I don't think so. Maybe that mindless throng will start thinking on it's own. Next thing ya know the 77's are nominated for best thrash metal ablum! Tongue

~Groucho~
11-24-2003 17:17 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
Next thing ya know the 77's are nominated for best thrash metal ablum! Tongue

now that made me smile.. Pleased

11-24-2003 17:45 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

so, should I buy all the copies of the Dec. CCM at the local CBS and pass them out to people I know, or let the regulars buy them and hope they read about DA and buy MBD? Of course most CBS don't have MBD on the shelves anymore so that would be a stretch.......

Roll Eyes

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 11-24-2003 19:37.

11-24-2003 19:36 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

anymore??? Confused

the ones here never did...... Mad

11-24-2003 19:39 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
anymore??? Confused

Confused really, Here in Minnesota (... well the Twin Cities anyway)
we have a great Christian Book store chain, like 9 stores
called Northwestern books. it is a great store & carry most anything
you can want...

maybe that is why we have the BeST DA fans HeRe Tongue Roll Eyes

11-24-2003 19:51 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

a few by me had a couple of copies...
Roll Eyes

11-24-2003 19:51 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

I worked at Family Bookstores. I used to tell people about these bands all the time. As soon as the boss was out the door, I would put in some good CCM! DA, Keith Green, Vector, Darrell Mansfield. People would always ask about who was playing. We did not carry those groups in the store, but we could order almost anything the customers wanted. If someone wants MBD, they have but to ask! Big Grin

Look at me, still selling for "Big Jesus Sellers USA"! Tongue

~Groucho~
11-24-2003 21:17 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:
anymore??? Confused

you can want...

I only get to the twin cities 1 or 2 a year... but I always take extra cash and stop at NW Books - what a fantastic store! Great selection on EVERYTHING... You Minnesotans are very fortuanate in that aspect.

dit, dit, doo
11-25-2003 05:38 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
quote:
anymore??? Confused

you can want...

I thought it was that you had nothing else to do with all that snow but sit and listen to great CDs. Tongue

11-25-2003 07:59 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Democracy's Blind Democracy's Blind is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 08-22-2003

Shocked Whatever! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
you can want...
Tongue Roll Eyes

Yeah, Sure, You Betcha!
As Long as it is a "Precious Moments" figurine!

Shocked Confused Mad
11-25-2003 08:00 Democracy's Blind is offline Send an Email to Democracy's Blind Search for Posts by Democracy's Blind Add Democracy's Blind to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Flashes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

99.9% of the time at the Family Bookstore (Chicagoland) they're spinning the pick of the weekly top 40 litter.

And I can almost never get any DA except our personal famous world famous greatest top most awesome super hits zippity doo daddy, or whatever.

But there was one time, one time only, where they gave us a very pleasant surprise. When Surfonic came out the had a full size cardboard stand smack dab in the front of the music section. You couldn't miss it. And people were buying it.

Maybe that's what we need, exposure, ala a life-size of Terry, like when he carried around Pat Robertson at c-stone. "My stuff is just too cool for this stuffy store, so go to www.danielamos.com"

Squidzit, forgive me, I don't mean to dis the store, but I think it's a real shame that even the new stuff doesn't ever show up there at mine. Rhetorically, why could I never find a copy of MBD there? I understand how sales work, but it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy when you don't stock because you don't think you'll sell, and someone like me is forced to go elsewhere because you don't stock.

11-25-2003 08:25 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

RE: Flashes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

Squidzit, forgive me, I don't mean to dis the store, but I think it's a real shame that even the new stuff doesn't ever show up there at mine. Rhetorically, why could I never find a copy of MBD there? I understand how sales work, but it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy when you don't stock because you don't think you'll sell, and someone like me is forced to go elsewhere because you don't stock.

I take no offense. I worked there about 12 years ago. And you're right, they only spin the top crappy picks. But like I said, I would spin the stuff we all listen to and would get great positive reactions from people that had never heard the stuff. It was against company policy to play music other than what they prescribed. I didn't care, I still played what I liked when the boss was out of the store. I was a "bad" employee, I would order tapes that I liked and stock them. My boss would ask why that was in the store and I would tell him it was a special order that never got picked up. I always sold the tapes that I ordered. I'd even take in my personal tapes and play them just to get people to listen. You'd be amazed how many groups people have never heard of. And like you said, it's all because the company thinks it will not sell. I proved them wrong. And things may have changed, but when I was with the store we could get our hands on about anything a customer wanted.

~Groucho~
11-25-2003 11:28 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

"And I can almost never get any DA except our personal famous world famous greatest top most awesome super hits zippity doo daddy, or whatever."

Hey John,

I appreciate the close-to-correct spelling, but it's kinda like taking my name in vain.

My Grandma used to explain the third commandment this way. If you say "God nada" or "Oh My God" God drops what He's doing and rushes to you to see what you need. If you really didn't need Him and were just using the expression He may have left something important like a war or a dying baby to help you. It's like crying wolf.

In the same way, when I saw my name in your post as I scanned this thread I stopped my scanning and read back through all the posts to understand the reference but I found that it was only a passing, flippant, sarcastic comment. Now I'm forced to reply and this takes time, you know?

All I'm saying is, if you're going to use my name, please make it a reference to me! I had to take all that time, when I could be off downloading naughty pictures.

Yours Piously,

ZippetyDooDaddy

August 2005

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by zippetydoodaddy: 11-25-2003 11:44.

11-25-2003 11:43 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Yours Piously,

ZippetyDooDaddy

^ L Big Grin L

11-25-2003 13:37 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Waal I thot... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorrie 'bout that, man.

I finna thot you be takin' those Eddies impossturs names in vein, so I figur dat it be okay. Pluss mah gramma and spellin' ain't so gud.

I be axin' you fer permisin nex tim.

Wink

11-25-2003 22:11 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Oh well, um...

pay no attention to the man behind the screen.

August 2005
11-25-2003 23:00 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » CCM Magazine December 2003

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH