Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Glory Hounds ~ LIVE ~ Nov. 1, 2003 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Glory Hounds ~ LIVE ~ Nov. 1, 2003 6 Votes - Average Rating: 9.836 Votes - Average Rating: 9.836 Votes - Average Rating: 9.836 Votes - Average Rating: 9.836 Votes - Average Rating: 9.83
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: Buzz!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Democracy's Blind

These GLORYHOUNZ better be good (and fun).!!!

they are very GooD and FuN !

their singer/guitar player is a little oDD, but hey who isn't Tongue

10-31-2003 09:12 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

RE: Buzz!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[/quote]

they are very GooD and FuN !

their singer/guitar player is a little oDD, but hey who isn't Tongue [/quote]

i'LL BE IN GOOD COMPANY!!!!!!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-31-2003 09:14 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Knock em dead, cricket!!

Are you going to sing, "When You Wish?"
10-31-2003 09:27 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
Oh, I think formal-wear would be loverly...........

how's about some gold lamé??

maybe some peacock -feather plumes?

shiny patent-leather pumps?

glitzy, spangled neckware?

Oh, shoot, that's what I'M wearing.................
never mind.

you better bring you Snow BooTs & a heavy coat Big Grin

10-31-2003 09:40 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
Knock em dead, cricket!!

Are you going to sing, "When You Wish?"

Only if Tinker Bell will join me
(IF you know what I mean..........)

10-31-2003 14:55 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

DDUDEESSS (and dudettes)
Got a buzy evening and a buzy 2morrow-
so
CU AT D SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lata-

10-31-2003 15:55 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Democracy's Blind Democracy's Blind is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 08-22-2003

Shocked Glamour Boyz Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK JIMINY,

Me 'n' Berger are lookin' forward to it!!!!!!!

We're gonna have on our best outfits!

Smile )
10-31-2003 16:07 Democracy's Blind is offline Send an Email to Democracy's Blind Search for Posts by Democracy's Blind Add Democracy's Blind to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i wish i could go... Crying
have fun, all! Big Grin

10-31-2003 17:54 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Slappedhard
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 07-20-2003

Frown Can't make it... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Joe? Ken?

Hey guys, my throat hurts, and besides I cut my left index finger cleaning out the grooves in my pickup truck bed liner this morning with my pocket knife. On top of all that, my dog (Gimli) will be left alone if I go. May be you guys can get someone else?

Rich? Can you play?
11-01-2003 11:57 Slappedhard is offline Send an Email to Slappedhard Search for Posts by Slappedhard Add Slappedhard to your Buddy List
Slappedhard
Sublime Brain Puppet

RE: Can't make it... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, I went.

It was fun too! And I am glad I went! What a privilege to play such great music with great, uh, good musicians! (yuk, yuk)

Rich...you didn't do your Saturday thing at the library with the mocha...

Thanks Jiminy! YOU sounded great! We should have warmed YOU up!

We'll have to do it again.

I think we recruited a keyboard player for some songs...

BD: I don't think any recording turned out. I recorded a line feed off of the board on my laptop. All too vocal heavy. Verify with CC though.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Slappedhard: 11-02-2003 00:30.

11-02-2003 00:24 Slappedhard is offline Send an Email to Slappedhard Search for Posts by Slappedhard Add Slappedhard to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

HAD a GREAT time at the Little/Big show
the Gloryhounds DO ROCK!
(My daughter rather endured it a bit....not her style)
But it got me and Woggy to cut a rug a bit-
We had FUN!
THey do EXCELLENT covers- I was duly impressed!
Slapped bass lines really buzz- great sounds.- and lead lines on the bass that SOARED!
Dem Blind can send the strings a bending-TERRIF Fender Work..slide and lead outs-captured those sounds wonderfully- topped with smooth vocals- and when CC joined him (or sang a few hisself!- I thought I was warped back to the BEST CCM of the 80s.
Great mix of old and new tunes
and Hey Joe- I am sure he took 19 Ibeprofen when he got home- he was POUNDING them skins.
Highlights?
THE POOL- It SOARED!
Ribbons and Bows- we kill em all our own littlel way.
Pyro sets a Wildfire- Carl baby-ya should have BEEN THERE!
ANd so it Goes- smooth
ALL the ialarma! tunes - (even thruthe speakers....jk!)
As the Word Turns- ROCKIN!
and I Love You #19--Whoo Whoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe gave me the track off the board of my gig- good quality - you can hear every clunk!
More later....

11-02-2003 09:14 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Slappedhard
Sublime Brain Puppet

Thanks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jiminy - glad to know you guys made it home safely. Thanks for driving 5 or more hours to play for us, yesterday.

Thanks for the kind words in your review of last night. It'll be even better next time!
11-02-2003 14:04 Slappedhard is offline Send an Email to Slappedhard Search for Posts by Slappedhard Add Slappedhard to your Buddy List
Slappedhard
Sublime Brain Puppet

RE: Thanks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks especially to the guys at Northbridge Station. A cool place to rock!

Thanks to all those bringing the sodas (or "pop" to you regional types). The balance was donated to Northbridge Station.

Thanks to Dale Urevig for his introductions and verbal bridge work.

Thanks to Sloan Hamilton for doing the sound. (A future Lost Dogs fan...).

Randy Carey for doing the greeting and rejecting the riff raff.

CC and DB for letting me play with them.

Finally, thanks to Daniel Amos!

Solo Deo gloria!
11-02-2003 14:33 Slappedhard is offline Send an Email to Slappedhard Search for Posts by Slappedhard Add Slappedhard to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Ditto to everything Slappedhard said......
I do want to give a special thanks to JiMiNy for playing, it was wonderful, you nailed every song. I can't wait to hear the recording.

Special thanks to all who came to see us, and, for those who did not come, maybe we'll meet again in some other place and....boy, I've still got those songs in my head.

Commander
11-03-2003 06:58 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

so ya know Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Woggy was up early Sunday Morning (with sore feet from dancing- and she could not hear out of her right ear. jk ..!!)
But her Puter was a busted!
Talked to yer last night (about a particular football game I think she watched..CUZ I DID!!) and she wont be back on line from home till Tues or so-
but wanted to let you know we'll come on down ANYTIME to rock with you all. (am sure she'll throw a line out about her thoughts too)

And I saw me boy on Sunday- (played the gaffer with my grandson...) "You should have told me..I'd a come down - RATS!"etc-
He would have LOVED the retro DA...
So Next time- I'll GIT IT TOGETHA!

Ditto on the THANK YOUZ that Tim mentioned- specially daLe-

DaLe- ever thought of runnin for Governor?- you covered yer butt on the "best band out there" purty good!

(

11-03-2003 07:48 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Thumb Up! wow, what a great night! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jim, Ken, Tim & Joe, Thank you!

I really enjoyed all the great tunes done Live & so Well.

anyway, thank you for all the hard work & practice etc.

Becky & I had a great evening.
God Bless your talents & efforts.

Dale

my highlights... Smile )

JiMiNy - I can’t Get Over it, Say Your Prayers,

GH - The Author of the Story, Divine Instant, I Love You #19, And So It Goes... others I can't remember...
Arthur Fhardy's Yodeling Party Evil ( it was stuck in my head all Sunday...)

11-03-2003 10:22 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
and it gives the entire quart of rum time to soak in..

(did I say that out loud????)

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

may I have a slice?

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

11-03-2003 13:37 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

RE: Where's the guy that started this thread? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Slappedhard
Ahem! DB and Jiminy! There is an OT board. Let's keep this on topic!

Pleased

Whiner.........

LET'S SLAP HIM HARD!!!

11-03-2003 13:38 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
Oh, I think formal-wear would be loverly...........

how's about some gold lamé??

maybe some peacock -feather plumes?

shiny patent-leather pumps?

glitzy, spangled neckware?

Oh, shoot, that's what I'M wearing.................
never mind.

woggy, your Pink feather boa thing was very Nice especially When CC was wearing it Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DaLe: 11-03-2003 13:54.

11-03-2003 13:54 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

wHEW!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think I've fully recovered from the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH..........oh, wait, that's the circus, ain't it? Um, let's see............the BESTEST CONCERT OF ALL TIME! Yeah, that's it!

My 'puter at home IS busted..............................DAmb, wuzzup wid dat, huh? So, I couldn't give my immediate reactions to the Glory Hounds and that Wita kid (he he he)........................

'Twas a fine night for meetin' up with some of the MN Chapter.
Listening to my brother, who was excellent, btw....and I ain't just saying that cuz it's my brother, either. Ya done good, lil bro Smile
and the HOUNDS ROCK! What fun - I even knew a LOT of the songs they did......................and Jim and I gave the floor a pounding on a song or two...................(I think we might have shocked some of them Baptists who were hanging around the fringes - but hey, MY FEET HADDA MOVE!)

Fun. Worth the trip.

And pink feathers are a GOOD LOOK for Commander Smile

Nice to see DaLe, Mrs. DaLe, Dennis, CC, Slapped, Mrs. Slapped and their lovely children, DB (now I KNOW who he is, too Smile and his daughter, Randy, JollyHoliday.....but who were those guys sitting in the back of the church, holding mysterious things in brown, paper bags? They kept passing 'em back and forth, too..................and during Arthur Fhardy's, I'm SURE I saw 'em dancing.............................OH, THOSE TRICK OR TREAT KIDS Smile Smile

thanks, all, for a great way of spending ALL SAINTS' DAY!!!

God bless ya,
Woggy

11-03-2003 13:54 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Glory Hounds ~ LIVE ~ Nov. 1, 2003

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH