Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » safety net, etc. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page safety net, etc.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I recall seeing him (speaking of Mr. Raven)... and thinking - he would definitely scare me if I met him in a dark alley...

well even in the light of day he would have scared me.

~f

dit, dit, doo

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by freak: 10-28-2005 15:30.

10-28-2005 15:30 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hi Mountain Fan!

hey larryl! yeah, Wayne is a really funny guy. he made that tour a lot of fun.

yes...i recall you guys looked like you were having a blast.......bill was great, too, as usual

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

10-28-2005 15:31 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

quote:
I recall seeing him (speaking of Mr. Raven)... and thinking - he would definitely scare me if I met him in a dark alley...

Big Grin i know what you mean about his look. the funny thing is that he's one of the most gentle people i've ever met. he doesn't have a violent bone in his body.
10-28-2005 15:35 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Funniest DA Performance Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There was one time I saw DA play back in 1980 and they were all dressed like giant penguins. Except Greg who wasn't in the band at the time but showed up anyway wearing a mauve derby and boat shoes. The band played nothing but ABBA songs and maintained the harmonies perfectly despite being pelted by multi-colored fuzzy dice. At one point, Ed got eaten by a llama but Terry made the llama give him back. During that time, however, Tim took over on drums and played the drum solo from Ina Gadda Va Vida. Then the smurfs started showing up...

Okay, I *WISH* I had dreams like this.
10-28-2005 15:37 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
quote:

Big Grin i know what you mean about his look. the funny thing is that he's one of the most gentle people i've ever met. he doesn't have a violent bone in his body.

I've seen a couple pictures of long-haired YOU that would scare me! Red Face Big Grin

edit: I used to have longer hair with a perm and got the nickname "the sphinx" by a co-worker once Big Grin

Although you are really cool and cordial and fun Smile )

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 10-28-2005 15:41.

10-28-2005 15:39 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
hi Gabriel! that's a great story. one time (and i think i've told this before) the da road crew guys knocked the stage power completely out at an outdoor festival by driving in too fast and ramming into a bunch of equipment behind the stage.

That's funny. Was that at SuperFest on some ski slope in California?

The more I think about this, the less funny I think it is. My wife had never seen DA and I talked you guys up really big for her. So we went to this SuperFest thing. [Side note: She was about 4 months pregnant at the time and was told to take it easy. Technically, she was supposed to be on bed rest but we were younger and stupid.] So, I talked her into going and using a wheelchair. I had no idea that the stages would be at different levels of the slope. So, I pushed up the slope on this little wood chip path only to find out that there was a problem and your show was delayed. We went back down to see a show at the bottom of the hill. Later, I pushed her back up to see you guys and find out the show was cancelled. Irritated, we went back down. Adam Again played in the evening back up at the top. This time the chick from Crumbacher gave us a ride up in her truck. She said that she had watched us go up and down several times and felt bad for us. If that was the same show you were talking about, that wasn't funny.

Actually, I can laugh now but was disappointed big time back then. Those bastards!!
Crying

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
10-28-2005 15:39 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

quote:
quote:

I got to meet Dave Raven back in the JT days. He was drum tech on two of our records and I can second what Tim says. Incredibly nice and very humble. AND he knows Tom Petersson from Cheap Trick and told me a bunch of behind the scenes stuff on them.

Oh yeah, and he's a pretty good drummer, too. Big Grin
10-28-2005 15:47 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Mr Chandler- and all:
thx for popping in- it really makes the day!!
have a good one all-
Peace and the Big Love~

JiMinyi

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-28-2005 15:53 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Scuttlebutt Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I heard that Tim stole one of Tom Petersson's 12-string Hamer basses.
10-28-2005 15:53 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Daniel Amos

quote:
I've seen a couple pictures of long-haired YOU that would scare me!

Big Grin i have really short hair right now and on my driver's license picture, i look like an absolute convict.
10-28-2005 15:56 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
quote:

Big Grin i have really short hair right now and on my driver's license picture, i look like an absolute convict.

Big Grin

I just got tired of my long hair after awhile, not to mention the expense of a perm.

Did you get a hair cut for any reason in particular?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-28-2005 15:58 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
quote:

my friend who got me into the choir always described them as "a really cool band with a huge scary bass player" Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

10-28-2005 15:59 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

quote:
If that was the same show you were talking about, that wasn't funny.

sprinklerhead -- that was a completely different show. when they knocked the power out, that was at a festival in the mid west.

i'm really sorry you went through all that! what year was this that you went to this festival and the show was canceled?
10-28-2005 15:59 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

quote:
I heard that Tim stole one of Tom Petersson's 12-string Hamer basses.

yes, Jason has seen the beat up 12-string!
10-28-2005 16:01 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
Mr Chandler- and all:
thx for popping in- it really makes the day!!
have a good one all-
Peace and the Big Love~

JiMinyi

YuP, see you Thurs. JiMiNy Smile

10-28-2005 16:02 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

quote:
my friend who got me into the choir always described them as "a really cool band with a huge scary bass player"

Big Grin
10-28-2005 16:03 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

oops, i didn't realize jiminy left--bye jiminy!
10-28-2005 16:04 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

quote:

just got .tired of it, and got .tired of getting into near-bar-fights with rednecks while on tour.
10-28-2005 16:05 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
quote:

just got .tired of it, and got .tired of getting into near-bar-fights with rednecks while on tour.

I only saw you with the Choir, once in B'ham & once @ Inner Seeds (Atl).

Ya'll seemed to be reserved.

Was it because you were paranoid of us Deep South rednecks?

SQUEAL BOY!
LIKE A PIG!

Tongue

10-28-2005 16:11 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

quote:
SQUEAL BOY! LIKE A PIG!

Big Grin
10-28-2005 16:14 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » safety net, etc.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH