Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New CCM Lists..... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New CCM Lists.....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I emailed my local christian FM station to encourage them to play bands like DA , Larry Norman, 77s, The Throes , Prayer Chain , the list goes on and they responded with: "Our station is geared to an ADULT format."
What's that mean?
I'm 37 years old and if it were'nt for the bands I just mentioned plus many others my walk with Christ would be much more difficult.
Whatever happened to that alternative Christian music magazine? I rememeber one year they sent me an issue at the release of "Speckled Bird" by THE CHOIR with them on the cover with paint on their faces, on a full glossy cover. It was not True Tunes or 7Ball. Brian Q. Newcomb was the editor. He does stuff for PASTE now...That was an awesome mag...
06-27-2003 23:00 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Notebored?

06-27-2003 23:12 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Notebored?
It was'nt that...That's a new one for me..
06-27-2003 23:13 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Syndicat likely then, aka Harvest Rock Syndicate

06-27-2003 23:16 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

syndicate with an "e"

06-27-2003 23:16 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
syndicate with an "e"
Yes.....There you go.....Awesome mag..I found out about it when I bought Keaggy's "Crimson And Blue" when it first came out. It had a mail in form to get the mag. Yes, I sent it in...It went under not too long after...Are there any other mags of a similar nature out there?
06-27-2003 23:19 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

i've actually stopped looking for magazines since i've been online (yea, these many years) so I couldn't tell you. I did love syndicate and notebored was cool too, though I think i only read one or two issues of it before it too went under.

06-27-2003 23:34 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 08-28-2002

You know this subject is something that I have recently dealt with. I used to subscribe to CCM but I would get so aggravated about constantly reading about the new Christian version of "insert name of popular secular artist here" that I had to stop reading it. The only thing from that mag I enjoyed was John Fischer's articles.

I too miss the good old days of Christian Music, and I'm only 26. I wish that the Christian Market would use it's collective creativity do something different and innovative. I cringe everytime I see a new Christian Music Sampler that mimics the theme of whatever the popular movie of the summer is. It's sad really. But as it's been said, it is an industry and they are trying to make money.

I don't listen to CCM anymore. There could be good stuff out there but what I've heard doesn't seem to have the passion and artistry that I enjoy in music. I really admire indie artists. They don't make alot of money doing what they do, but their music means something.

So I will continue to listen to my old albums and buy anything that my favorite artists put out.

And Hey Theo, I too have discovered some great music from watching Scrubs. That show rocks.

gone, gone with God, but gone
06-27-2003 23:39 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Hi 3.0, keep posting.

06-27-2003 23:43 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

3.0 where in IL are you from???
are you going to the MN BBQ?

06-27-2003 23:44 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by HEMISPHERICALHEADS
quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother
keep in mind that the Beatles sold a lot of records.

There are plenty of Highly influential artist's who did not sell alot of records. "It takes time for great wine." I know what you were getting at though....

HEMI, have you heard "The Wacky Fan Letter"?

that's where the beatles line comes from...also all the dallas references. the wacky fan was from dallas.

"Horrendous Disc, A.
Please get this one out on CD as quick as possible and let me know about it. My record has a scratch. You sound like The Beatles, but keep in mind that The Beatles sold lots of records." Big Grin

BD

06-27-2003 23:54 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:

Could someone provide an email address to check out the list? And then respond? We should all do this. This is crazy. It's almost like comparing Norman Rockwell to the guy who creates art at his PC..
[/QUOTE]

You could try here to e-mail them:

CCMWebEditors@ccmcom.com

the list isn't on the web, at least as far as I could find it. They want you to buy the magazine................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-28-2003 00:02 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0

And Hey Theo, I too have discovered some great music from watching Scrubs. That show rocks.

me loves Scrubs, too.

One of my favorite shows was from their first season.....a Christmas show, where a young, pregnant girl leaves the hospital.............what happens is kind of cool. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it for you, cuz maybe they'll repeat it. But it was a great show.

I adore the characters on that show........especially the "evil doctor"...........he's awesome Smile

06-28-2003 00:04 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

how many da albums made the list of the 100 most influencial albums of all time (or whatever the name was) that CCM put out a few years back? Why have they suddenly fallen so far as to not make them important enough to buy now?

06-28-2003 00:06 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 08-28-2002

Driver8:
I'm from Southern IL, near St. Louis, MO. MN is quite a bit of a drive for me, but man I would love to see Mike and Terry at a BBQ. I was really bummed when they cancelled their St. Louis concert in May.

I love Scrubs, its a show that can make you hit the floor laughing out loud one minute and make you all choked up the next. I don't think I saw the Christmas episode. I will have to try and download it. (Kazaa has a bunch of episodes.)

gone, gone with God, but gone
06-28-2003 00:21 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother
keep in mind that the Beatles sold a lot of records.

There are plenty of Highly influential artist's who did not sell alot of records. "It takes time for great wine." I know what you were getting at though....

HEMI, have you heard "The Wacky Fan Letter"?

that's where the beatles line comes from...also all the dallas references. the wacky fan was from dallas.

"Horrendous Disc, A.
Please get this one out on CD as quick as possible and let me know about it. My record has a scratch. You sound like The Beatles, but keep in mind that The Beatles sold lots of records." Big Grin

BD

Thanks for telling me that..I feel like an idiot...I'm new here..Give me a break..? Red Face
06-28-2003 00:31 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Don't feel bad.

I think you can still hear it at MP3.com...

it's funny stuff. Big Grin

the entire letter is posted in the songs section of the message board too.

it's a must read for any DA fan! Tongue

BD
06-28-2003 00:38 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0
I love Scrubs, its a show that can make you hit the floor laughing out loud one minute and make you all choked up the next. I don't think I saw the Christmas episode. I will have to try and download it. (Kazaa has a bunch of episodes.)

It's Episode 11, called "My Own Personal Jesus"

You can find out more about it here:

http://www.scrubs-tv.com/ep11.html

06-28-2003 00:38 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

oop's I lied...

it's not on MP3.com anymore Frown

06-28-2003 00:39 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by BD
Don't feel bad.

I think you can still hear it at MP3.com...
it's funny stuff. Big Grin

the entire letter is posted in the songs section of the message board too.
it's a must read for any DA fan! Tongue

BD

AND< if you go to BD's website, you can order DAmbIt.......the fan album of the century.......and you can hear the whole blasted thing, presented in living color and audio by our own lovable Mark Smile Smile

06-28-2003 00:41 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New CCM Lists.....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH