Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Just ONE stupid line please! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Just ONE stupid line please!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have a hard time with Grease... too silly Big Grin

09-09-2002 16:28 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But it is better than Grease II

09-09-2002 16:39 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
But it is better than Grease II

yes it is

09-09-2002 16:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

There's not much worse than Grease II.

09-09-2002 17:00 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

I consider movies like Grease to be almost like child abuse. They brainwash kids how they're supposed to act and teach them its normal to do horrible things. And I don't give a hoot what anyone says, that movie Titanic a few years back was straight out of hell. So there was nice scenery of the ocean, who cares, you can get that anywhere. This creepy guy who stars in the movie and his idiot girlfriend find a car being shipped and slip into the back seat to do their thing. Its so casual and matter of fact. I could care less about all the emotion and all the merits of Titanic. I say it was child abuse; and I hated it. The old titanic movie, A Night To Remeber, was done with so much more dignity, class, and talent. "Oh but Celeine Dion's song is so great." Actually its kinda laughable, really.
So for the record: I think the movie Titanic was horrible; and I think the director oughtta be shot. "But what about the part where the old man chooses to lay down and die next to his wife." Boo hoo HOO. One touching scene while the rest of the movie teaches our kids its cool to fool around in the back seat of acar with some chick you're not married to. First degree child abuse, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else.
Jim
09-09-2002 18:16
Ceremonial Kernel

I agree to a point. The actual titanic stuff was pretty cool. The story line was pretty lame. These kids new each other for a couple of days and did the nasty. Sounds like high schools and junior highs all over the world right now. It's pretty sad............

09-09-2002 18:22 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
I agree to a point. The actual titanic stuff was pretty cool. The story line was pretty lame. These kids new each other for a couple of days and did the nasty. Sounds like high schools and junior highs all over the world right now. It's pretty sad............

Titanic was about the last movie my ex-wife and I watched while we were together.

She slipped and hit her head the next day - got concussion and can't remember the movie.

I'm jealous of her.
09-09-2002 18:48 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Ceremonial Kernel

almost makes a concussion seem like a good thing Big Grin

09-09-2002 18:54 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I liked Titanic... well the first 3 times at least...... My estranged wife and my stepdaughter bought the tape and watched it over, and over, and over, until I didn't... Crying

09-09-2002 18:58 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Jim Muglia
unregistered

The 40's version, or whatever decade it was called "A Night to Remember" is a very good version, that clearly distinguishes virtue form non-virtue. I found it in the classics section at the video store.
Jim
09-09-2002 19:34
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Our Night To Howl Time To Go Dancing is one of Terry's funniest songs. "The cows come home when I see you in your moo moo" is great!!! "Brush your hair clean your dentures it's time for new adventures..." How could anyone not love that song???

09-09-2002 20:04 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Our Night To Howl Time To Go Dancing is one of Terry's funniest songs. "The cows come home when I see you in your moo moo" is great!!! "Brush your hair clean your dentures it's time for new adventures..." How could anyone not love that song???

"We'll show those young kids just what class is.
Honey you still fog my glasses."

I agree, that's a very funny song!!!
Jim
09-09-2002 20:08
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Muglia
I consider movies like Grease to be almost like child abuse. They brainwash kids how they're supposed to act and teach them its normal to do horrible things. And I don't give a hoot what anyone says, that movie Titanic a few years back was straight out of hell. So there was nice scenery of the ocean, who cares, you can get that anywhere. This creepy guy who stars in the movie and his idiot girlfriend find a car being shipped and slip into the back seat to do their thing. Its so casual and matter of fact. I could care less about all the emotion and all the merits of Titanic. I say it was child abuse; and I hated it. The old titanic movie, A Night To Remeber, was done with so much more dignity, class, and talent. "Oh but Celeine Dion's song is so great." Actually its kinda laughable, really.
So for the record: I think the movie Titanic was horrible; and I think the director oughtta be shot. "But what about the part where the old man chooses to lay down and die next to his wife." Boo hoo HOO. One touching scene while the rest of the movie teaches our kids its cool to fool around in the back seat of acar with some chick you're not married to. First degree child abuse, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else.
Jim

We pretty much agree on this one Jim. It also sounds like you may have heard Dr. Laura's talk on this movie. Anyway, I like The Poseidon Adventure far better.

09-09-2002 20:16 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Muglia
Jim

We pretty much agree on this one Jim. It also sounds like you may have heard Dr. Laura's talk on this movie. Anyway, I like The Poseidon Adventure far better.

I agree, the Poseidon Adventure is great;in fact I own the video. I didn't hear Dr. Laura's take on Titanic; but I'm not surprised that she holds the same view. She has alot of good things to say; I've always liked her.
Jim
09-09-2002 21:38
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Dr. Laura's take on Titanic was pretty much exactly as you described it. It's a terrible movie that promotes promiscuity, live for the moment, etc. Rather than telling the story of the Titanic, the ship was used as a backdrop to promote another agenda. This is the gist of what she said. I liked the Poseidon Adventure so much more. It was so much better.

09-09-2002 21:41 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

---------
It's a terrible movie that promotes promiscuity, live for the moment, etc. Rather than telling the story of the Titanic, the ship was used as a backdrop to promote another agenda
---------

Exactly.
09-09-2002 23:17
Mark Mark is a male

You understand then?

09-10-2002 07:11 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I agree with the assessment of Titanic promoting promiscuity. Our youth pastor caught alot of flack from the prepubescent crowd for dissing this cinematic masterpiece. To me, it's about moral relativism as well as promiscuity.
Two movies that anger me more than Titanic are: The Bridges of Madison County and The Horse Whisperer. Both of these portray an affair with a married woman as "love." That makes me want to puke and I walk out of movies that glorify adultery.
I can take teenage promiscuity better than adultery- that's my moral relativism.
I don't have a problem with movies that portray any sin so long as it is not glorified. A murder mystery, for example, is fine so long as the murder is not considered to be right. Even adultery portrayed as the destructive, evil, ugly act that it is - is alright by me.
Another one is The English Patient- but I have watched it through and even have it on DVD. I'm uneasy about it for the reasons outlined above, though. It does have many other themes and plots outside of the adultery which ultimately costs the adulterers their lives.
I've got to go thump my Bible now.

09-10-2002 09:16 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
Another one is The English Patient- but I have watched it through and even have it on DVD. I'm uneasy about it for the reasons outlined above, though. It does have many other themes and plots outside of the adultery which ultimately costs the adulterers their lives.
I've got to go thump my Bible now.

This is an interesting one - the adultery is very bad in that movie, but it is also the ruin of everyone. They know it is wrong and still do it - so they pay for it. But the characters who truly fall in love seem to have a future........

09-10-2002 10:35 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Why do movies and TV shows often have story lines of married couples where one of them is having an affair and they make you want the adulterers to be together even though it will break up the marriage? Do you know what I'm talking about?

09-10-2002 12:36 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Just ONE stupid line please!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH