Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fellowship Of The DAmb Update... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fellowship Of The DAmb Update...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Commander Cote
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think complaining is a crime........
05-31-2003 20:22 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Without news, what can we do but take another trip down...

05-31-2003 20:38 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

hope you are having a great time, commander.

05-31-2003 20:40 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Well we're winding down, Dr. Rich is the only one left
and we're just filtering through the last of the videos. A slendid time was had by all. We were honered by two phone calls from Mr. Chandler who was more than gracious to chat with us all, THANK YOU MR.CHANDLER! We hope to have a photo or two posted soon. Dr. Tony Shore shared some great DA memories from his days at Frontline. Mr. Randy Carey from the old Progressive Pacer days shared some old concert posters of DA, one from the Old State Theatre, and Edina Community Center. Woggy, thank you for making the long journey from Duluth it was great to finally meet you. JiMiNy, you have a wonderful sister!
Dale, it was a pleasure to finally meet you! Jollyholiday,
it was good to see you after all these years! Mr. Sjoberg,
you are truely a wonderful friend, thanks for all the great memories. And finally Dennis, it was, and is, and always will be a pleasure to have you in the cul............. I mean Fellowship. All in all I guess anytime you can spend all day with a bunch of DA fans.... well, words cannot describe it. Love Ya All!!!!!!!!
05-31-2003 21:31 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Thanks Commander Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Commander,

Thanks to you and your wife Pam for hosting a very enjoyable gathering. It was a lot of fun to meet the people from the DAMB in person. Tony Shore brought some very interesting historical DA / Terry Taylor / Lost Dogs artifacts including photos, letters, original pieces of art that were used for album covers (Avocado Faultline)and original 4 color negatives for artwork from Doppleganger. We also heard an interesting story about the photo shoot for the cover of Fearful Symmetry. Apparently, the man in the photo is not a naked man doing sit-ups, rather a photographer attempting to race out of his own picture. We saw some great concert footage and had a good time visiting as well. The Commander also was very gracious with special gifts for those who attended, which are very much appreciated. Commander, cheers to you for a great time.

Thanks,

Jolly
05-31-2003 21:49 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

A great day Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What a day Smile Even though I got just a LITTLE lost on the way into Stillwater, a quick call to the Commander put me on the right track.........and arriving at the home of Joe & Pam was like meeting old friends. Thanks for your gracious hospitality, for making all of us feel so comfortable, and for the excellent conversation and tunage!

It was fun to meet Dennis, DaLe, and JollyHoliday (who we didn't realize WAS our jolly friend until about 3 hours into the day! Both Dennis and I met "Matt", not knowing he was an infamous DAmb poster!) Also, Randy, Dave & Tony added to the party with interesting facts, pictures, and stories about Terry and the gang.......

THANKS TIM for the phone calls............you made us feel like part of the groupies Smile

THANKS, Commander, for the great gifts, and for letting us invade your home.

THANKS, DAmb friends, for just being you. It was great to sit and chat with you - always so nice to put a real person behind the names I see here every day.

Oh, and Patti???????? You missed out, girl. Next time, for sure, huh?

LET'S DO THIS AGAIN.......................in Duluth??

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

05-31-2003 23:03 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

great meeting you Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Woggy,

Wished we would have had more time to talk about the message board itself today. It would have made for some interesting discussion. Maybe next time. Take care and thanks for making the trip from Duluth, it was truly a pleasure to meet you.

Jolly
05-31-2003 23:09 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

So it was a naked photographer trying to get out of the pictureShocked Sounds like you all had fun. I wish I could have been there.

05-31-2003 23:53 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

There was a naked photographer at the DAmb party? Why didn't anyone tell me about this? The Commander knows how to throw a party!! Big Grin
06-01-2003 00:01 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Big Grin

06-01-2003 00:04 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

What kind of tunage was at the par-tay? Audio Adrenaline, the Tuxedo Clad Megastar or Petra? Inquiring minds want to know.

06-01-2003 00:42 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
anne
A Hot Wolly

sounds like you guys had a blast
Smile
we want to see pictures!!

06-01-2003 07:00 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

One more thing (and probably not the last) I forgot to thank BD for calling too, and for sending along some videos. It really added to the day. Before I went to bed last night this poem started to come to my head......

Remember When

Remember when we all got
together
Watched some videos
and started to jam
We realized this was no ordinary
group
This was The Fellowship of the DAmb

Woggy made the trek
all the way from Duluth
This was about as rare as
a lion with a lamb
Well, when scales fell of our eyes
and we remembered
It's The Fellowship of the DAmb

"Remember when" is now
something we'll have
Part of our memories like
Green Eggs & Ham
And we would meet here
And we would meet there
For this is The Fellowship of the DAmb

Alternat ending....
"Remember when" is now
something we'll have
Green Eggs & Ham
And we would meet here
And we would meet there
For we have just had Kool-aid
And will do what Commander says
06-01-2003 07:02 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

I think everyone would do what the Commander says!!!

I just keep wondering why your lovely wife kept pushing the Kool-Aid?????

the cult rules Smile

GO TO CHURCH...............

gotta go myself...........will check in with you guys later

06-01-2003 09:14 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Hey, I didn't see any of you bums in church today........

We had a great message from Hebrews 11 - the story of Abraham's faith. I guess I never really realized that Abraham was ABLE to take Isaac out to his possible death because he KNEW that God was going to fulfill His promise - that his descendents would rise up from Isaac.........and He knew that, even if he did what God had told him to do (to kill his son), God would rise him up from the dead, if that's the way it had to be. God would not lie to Abraham, as He doesn't lie to us.

My church is going through some dark times - we've been trying to build a new church for about 2 years now, and we've run into major obstacles all along the way. The latest is that we just can't build on the land we purchased........the cost to prepare the site is more than we had even planned for the building itself! So, we did a cool thing - we released the dream. We all had a helium balloon, and we took them outside, and let them go........we're standing on the promise that God has led us to where we are today, and He will not fail us.........sometimes, you have to release the dream in order to allow God to do HIS work.

It was a cool visual image of letting go, and letting God.

Smile

06-01-2003 12:36 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Well we're winding down, Dr. Rich is the only one left
and we're just filtering through the last of the videos. A slendid time was had by all. We were honered by two phone calls from Mr. Chandler who was more than gracious to chat with us all, THANK YOU MR.CHANDLER! We hope to have a photo or two posted soon. Dr. Tony Shore shared some great DA memories from his days at Frontline. Mr. Randy Carey from the old Progressive Pacer days shared some old concert posters of DA, one from the Old State Theatre, and Edina Community Center. Woggy, thank you for making the long journey from Duluth it was great to finally meet you. JiMiNy, you have a wonderful sister!
Dale, it was a pleasure to finally meet you! Jollyholiday,
it was good to see you after all these years! Mr. Sjoberg,
you are truely a wonderful friend, thanks for all the great memories. And finally Dennis, it was, and is, and always will be a pleasure to have you in the cul............. I mean Fellowship. All in all I guess anytime you can spend all day with a bunch of DA fans.... well, words cannot describe it. Love Ya All!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was a blst... I can't wait until the next one! Smile

I wish I could have thought of more stuff to ask Tim about when he called... I am glad we all didn't chock when he was on the line...

It was so much fun to listen to Dr Shore and look at the all goodies from his stash he brought over to let us all drool over.

It was a great time... I think I am getting a little weepy now.. Smile

06-01-2003 15:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
One more thing (and probably not the last) I forgot to thank BD for calling too, and for sending along some videos. It really added to the day. Before I went to bed last night this poem started to come to my head......

Remember When

Remember when we all got
together
Watched some videos
and started to jam
We realized this was no ordinary
group
This was The Fellowship of the DAmb

Woggy made the trek
all the way from Duluth
This was about as rare as
a lion with a lamb
Well, when scales fell of our eyes
and we remembered
It's The Fellowship of the DAmb

"Remember when" is now
something we'll have
Green Eggs & Ham
And we would meet here
And we would meet there
For this is The Fellowship of the DAmb

Alternat ending....
"Remember when" is now
something we'll have
Green Eggs & Ham
And we would meet here
And we would meet there
For we have just had Kool-aid
And will do what Commander says

Remember?
It's kinda like the 60's... if you can remember, then you were not really there! Tongue

06-01-2003 15:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

JollyHoliday Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I still can't believe you were there for what? three four hours before we knew that YOU were the Jolly Holiday man.
Too funny.

It was great to meet you! Cool

06-01-2003 15:28 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Good afternnon all you Fellow DAmbers, Good News photos from the party have been sent to most everyone who was here. I did send them to BD, and hopefully he'll post some soon. Me, being the Commander shouldn't have to deal with such trivial things. Afterall
I just spent an entire day with teh Fellowship which can really wear an old man like me out.
06-01-2003 15:39 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I just spent an entire day with teh Fellowship which can really wear an old man like me out.

I don't know about you, but I was TIRED this morning when I got up... feeling a bit rough in my old years... sure I was the youngest one there, but that's not the point! What is the point?? Hell, I don't know! Pleased

06-01-2003 15:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fellowship Of The DAmb Update...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH