Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fearful Symmetry » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fearful Symmetry
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
It really is amazing how brilliant the Alarma Chronicles are. I have always really liked Doppelganger. I think some of the second side drives my wife crazy. I don't think she gets it.

"Real Girls" and "Do big boys cry" the odd songs on that one Big Grin

08-07-2002 19:04 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
It really is amazing how brilliant the Alarma Chronicles are. I have always really liked Doppelganger. I think some of the second side drives my wife crazy. I don't think she gets it.

It's a mood thing with me for DG

I have to be in the right mood and then there's nothing better!

I love the live bonus stuff on the CD version with the intro.

BD

08-07-2002 19:07 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I can't listen to DG over & over & over.
I need me a break on that one! Wink

08-07-2002 19:08 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

it's a one time deal for sure, but that's enough! Big Grin

08-07-2002 19:13 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

oh maybe twice yeah know once in the am once in the pm, but then not for a week or two! Big Grin

08-07-2002 19:14 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

oh maybe twice yeah know once in the am once in the pm, but then not for a week or two! Big Grin

or a month some times!

08-07-2002 23:13 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:

Doppelgänger is one of my favorite DA albums!! I could listen to this one on repeat for a month no prob. "Hollow Man" alone (and reprise) is incredible. "Real Girls" and "Mall (all over the world)" are other classics off the album. For me when I think of the ¡Alarma! Chronical albums, I put them in this order:

1 · Fearful Symmetry
2 · Doppelgänger
3 · Vox Humana
4 · ¡Alarma!

(now this thread will turn into everyone rating the four ¡Alarma! albums and arguing about which one is better than which.) Smile

-- äotp
08-08-2002 09:02 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I'm not even going to try and rate them in order. That would be way too hard.

08-08-2002 19:22 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
I'm not even going to try and rate them in order. That would be way too hard.

Aw, c'mon. Think of it as a challenge.

-- aotp
08-09-2002 10:52 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Just to cause trouble, here's my order (from best to least):

1. Doppelganger
2. Alarma
3. Vox Humana
4. Fearful Symmetry

The problem with Vox Humana is that the bookset splits it into two discs (#$@&!), so it's hard to get a good grasp of the album as a whole.
08-09-2002 11:01 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
Just to cause trouble, here's my order (from best to least):

1. Doppelganger
2. Alarma
3. Vox Humana
4. Fearful Symmetry

The problem with Vox Humana is that the bookset splits it into two discs (#$@&!), so it's hard to get a good grasp of the album as a whole.

put it on a CDR Pleased

08-09-2002 11:08 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

FER ME Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ITS NEARLY impossible to
rate the AC-
but here I go
Vox Humana (heard it first-so indearing)
FS
Alarma
DG-
though I think
Little Crosses is about as good as 80s rock got (gets)
gives..er you know what I mean.
JiMny
08-09-2002 15:40 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

plus Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

my acro
is based on
pinnochio , my all time
animated favorite-
its such a good
moral story
when I heard the live intro on DG
i called meself JiMIny CricKEt from that
day forth (or fifth-)

lawyer: "Where were you on the night of the fifth?"
me: "enjoying one...."

Jc
08-09-2002 15:43 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

1) FS
2) VH
3) DG
4 A!

I guess. But really I do love them all Big Grin
It really depends on my mood.

08-09-2002 16:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

quote:

I have all the originals on CD so I know each album as an album. But I agree that having Vox Humana split up is just weird. They should have just done 4 discs. But oh well. When I do pull out he bookset, I put all three in the disc changer. Otherwise, I grab one single CD from the originals.

-- aotp
08-11-2002 13:34 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
quote:

I have all the originals on CD so I know each album as an album. But I agree that having Vox Humana split up is just weird. They should have just done 4 discs. But oh well. When I do pull out he bookset, I put all three in the disc changer. Otherwise, I grab one single CD from the originals.

-- aotp

yeah the VH split is the only thing!

08-11-2002 16:41 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Yeah, and... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

At least they got the tracks right, unlike that Refuge reissue that screwed up the second side!

08-12-2002 07:40 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ubique Epoque

yeah. I gave away that copy of FS after I got the bookset.
I hated that version! Mad

08-12-2002 16:36 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
yeah. I gave away that copy of FS after I got the bookset.
I hated that version! Mad

don't you mean VH ?

08-12-2002 17:50 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Yep Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, it was VH they messed up, splitting up one song and putting the next one in the middle. Plus the packaging was Spartan - no lyrics, no comments, no photos, just the track order the way it should have been if they'd burned it correctly.

I've never figured out why manufacturers can't figure out in the months they take to do it what we figure out in a matter of minutes...

08-12-2002 18:32 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fearful Symmetry

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH