Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bob Dylan and Merle Haggard » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bob Dylan and Merle Haggard
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Bob Dylan and Merle Haggard Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm posting this on-topic because the Dogs covered a Dylan tune and I remember seeing Mike said a Merle Haggard album was part of their inspiration for Real Men Cry! Tongue Big Grin

===============

Bob Dylan to team with Merle Haggard at Wolfe Auditorium
by Tony Kiss, ENTERTAINMENT EDITOR
published March 27, 2006 12:24 pm
Reader Feedback: Comment on this article | Register here

ASHEVILLE - Seems like every time Bob Dylan comes to town, there’s some new twist. His last show here was a rare club date at the Orange Peel. Now he’s back with country music outlaw, Merle Haggard and the Strangers at the Asheville Civic Center.

Tickets go on sale Saturday for the Dylan/Haggard double header May 6. Tickets will be sold at the Civic Center box office and via Ticketmaster’s outlets, online (www.ticketmaster.com) or charge by phone (251-5505).

But don’t call or start clicking online until Saturday. And prices haven’t been announced yet, promoter AC Entertainment said Monday morning. Whatever the cost, expect them to go fast. Dylan’s date at the Orange Peel in April 9, 2004 sold out in just over an hour.

This is Dylan’s seventh concert here since 1993. The creator of folk-rock, his hits are too numerous to list here (or to hear in one show), but they include “Blowin’ in the Wind,” “Mr. Tambourine Man,” and “Like a Rolling Stone.”

As for Haggard, he was one of the forces that made the so-called “Bakersfield Sound” in country music. He was a certified start by the mid 1960s with songs like “Swinging Doors,” “The Bottle Let Me Down,” “Hungry Eyes,” “The Legend of Bonnie and Clyde” and “Okee from Muskogee.”

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-27-2006 15:23 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Of course we aren't there anymore. Crying

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
03-27-2006 15:37 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mountain Fan
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I bet tickets will be big $ too, like the Bob-Willie ones at the Peel that sold out in an hour. Frown

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-27-2006 15:40 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

yup Frown

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
03-27-2006 16:24 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

RE: Bob Dylan and Merle Haggard Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i thought merle haggard was dead...
shows what i know..... Frown

bobd

03-27-2006 16:29 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Heard they were coming to St Louis, but I don't have the details..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-27-2006 16:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bob Dylan and Merle Haggard

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH