Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma or bust » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alarma or bust
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Frown Alarma or bust Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have a big dillemma. Somebody is outbidding me on eBay to purchase the very special Limited Edition Daniel Amos THE ALARMA CHRONICLES ....

We are now up to $74....

Do I outbid them... or do I collect my scruples and purchase everything I ever wanted but haven't bought yet from the DA Webstore!!!!!

I could buy:
* Imaginarium
* The new Untitled Swirling Eddies CD (or is the title: "untitled" - I wasn't sure?
* Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor "Prickly Heat Radio Players"

and, still have money left over...

What should I do. I love the Alarma Chronicles, but my record player just doesn't play any more...

Kaf-less

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

10-28-2005 18:02 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i would go with Alarma. You'll have more than enough time to refill your piggy bank for the Eddy recording.
10-28-2005 18:17 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kaf-N-8ed
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Many, it was getting all the way up into the $80 range and I couldn't stand the heat...

Sigh...

I've been wanting Imaginarium for a while anyway!
Cheers!
Gus

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

10-28-2005 18:45 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Enjoy it Gus!
10-28-2005 18:56 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

kf

life is full of difficult choices.....
but its not quantity over quality..its which quality you Want now..!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-29-2005 09:42 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

why does this scare me?

10-29-2005 09:53 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Personally were I in your shoes, I would have wanted the Alarma Chronicles book. You could always buy the other stuff in the store later.

10-29-2005 20:39 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I would have a hard time going past about $60 to $70 for Alarma Chronicles reissue on eBay, which ain't gonna happen anytime soon as far as I can tell.

I hope this is one of the top items for re-release in the not too distant future, although the book part of it probably makes it more $ for the DA store to print. Frown

I would still go with the webstore for the stuff they have left.

pastemusic has some Lost Dogs stuff the webstore is out of.

radrockers has a variety of stuff, but they do have a minimum order. good source of cost effective music presents if you want to get other folks interested.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-31-2005 11:17 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kaf-N-8ed

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Personally were I in your shoes, I would have wanted the Alarma Chronicles book. You could always buy the other stuff in the store later.

Arg... I did, I did.

It finally sold for $140.00 (to somebody else, not me...)

Now somebody else (or maybe the person who bought it). is trying to sell it for $150.00 opening bid! Hard to believe Terry and the guys can't justify another reprinting of it or something!

Cheers!
Kaf

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

11-03-2005 23:33 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Oh, it's justified. We just can't afford to bring everything back at once. Getting the Alarma Chronicles back in print is on the "to do" list..

For the last few years, the budget to keep reissues in print was never in place the way it should have been. When something got reissued, it usually went out of print quickly and stayed that way. What we're hoping to do now with the new reissue series is get everything out (over a period of time), and keep reprinting it as needed. We're actually now in the position to do that for the first time. (The first reissue title to resurface was Imaginarium... very recently Mike's Say Your Prayers followed, which is now once again available at the 77s site.)

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-04-2005 00:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma or bust

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH