Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Help! Need some input....... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Help! Need some input.......
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Attention Help! Need some input....... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am going to pitch a few DA/Lost Dogs songs to my church this week and need some input. I figure I've been playing guitar there for almost two years now they should give me at the least a listen. Here's the songs I've burned for them, not all of them would work in church but at least six of them will.

So what I need is some kind of scripture to go with each song, you know how the Pastor types like to have some kind of scripture to help paint the picture of the song. Could someone give me some scripture for each song, please?

1. Joel (this ones already covered Roll Eyes ) (DA/MBD)

2. My Beautiful Martyr (DA/MBD)

3. I Believe In You (DA/HD)

4. Sky King (DA/HD)

5. Built For Glory Made To Last (Dogs/Scenic)

6. The Pool (DA/FS)

7. Beautiful One (DA/FS)

8. The Gates Of Eden (Dogs/RMC)

9. When The Judgement Comes (Dogs/RMC)

10. The Great Divide (Dogs/RMC)

Thanks for your help Big Grin

09-28-2004 08:26 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by JR88
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok this is what I've got so far.......see if you agree

1. Joel - of course Joel 2 Tongue

2. My Beautiful Martyr - Matthew:17Now as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside and said to them, 18"We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death 19and will turn him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!"

3. I Believe In You - John 1:10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-- 13children born not of natural descent,[3] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

09-28-2004 09:19 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well, D8 I am not a big fan of applying verses to songs...
if a songs "comes out of" a verse like Joel, thats CooL
but to apply verses to songs after the fact... ?
however, I have done it myself, so I am not against it.
and I have used verses & songs together to make a point ect...
anyway Good Luck.
( I know some NeeD scripture to go with a song)

also, I did as a Joke do one this a.m. on the
I hate to say this but thread mabey use that one
its for Pie Hole Big Grin

09-28-2004 09:51 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
well, D8 I am not a big fan of applying verses to songs...
if a songs "comes out of" a verse like Joel, thats CooL
but to apply verses to songs after the fact... ?
however, I have done it myself, so I am not against it.
and I have used verses & songs together to make a point ect...
anyway Good Luck.
( I know some NeeD scripture to go with a song)

also, I did as a Joke do one this a.m. on the
I hate to say this but thread mabey use that one
its for Pie Hole Big Grin

well DaLe unfortunatley sometimes people NeeD scripture to explain the song to them.......I just think it would be cool to play any of these songs in our worship service and I know I'm betting on a long shot but..........you never know until you try. Wink

09-28-2004 10:05 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I will think on it and if I have some time later look some up.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-28-2004 10:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Thumb Up! Here's what I came up with...... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My Beautiful Martyr
Matthew 20
17Now as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside and said to them, 18"We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death 19and will turn him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!"

I Believe In You

John 1

11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-- 13children born not of natural descent,[3] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Sky King

Romans 6

2By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Built For Glory, Made To Last

Galatians 3

26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The Pool

1 Corinthians 12

12The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 13For we were all baptized by[3] one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Acts 2

38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."

Beautiful One

Isaiah 40

10 See, the Sovereign LORD comes with power,
and his arm rules for him.
See, his reward is with him,
and his recompense accompanies him.
11 He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young.

Gates Of Eden

Acts 13

50But the Jews incited the God-fearing women of high standing and the leading men of the city. They stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region. 51So they shook the dust from their feet in protest against them and went to Iconium. 52And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.

1 Thessalonians 4

16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

When The Judgment Comes

1 Thessalonians 4

15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

The Great Divide

Psalm 73

24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

09-28-2004 12:47 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

idea

I'm gonna have the sound guy (whom I am friends with) play this CD before Wednesday night service starts. Big Grin Smile )

09-28-2004 15:09 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
idea
I'm gonna have the sound guy (whom I am friends with) play this CD before Wednesday night service starts. Big Grin Smile )

Cool

09-29-2004 08:08 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Help! Need some input.......

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH