Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » how come we have three boards? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page how come we have three boards?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

how come we have three boards? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

some of us are still posting on the old board, and that's ok. cuz it's a different thing all together. but now we have two ''boards'' to keep track of here. I know this is supposed to be ''DA and all'' related on this side. But as we all know it will never be just DA here. So is it possible to only have a general chat area? or do we still need to have a ''only DA stuff'' forum too?

just a thought,

BD
Dignified Lazar

i do like my new title

03-28-2002 22:11 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No real reason for two forums here. Our hope was that people would "loosely" stick to DA related posts for the DA forum and non-DA related posts for the off topic forum, but we really dont care either.

Mainly it was set up that way for visitors in mind.... If someone comes in to post a question about DA they can use the on topic forum, etc.

We had even thought about setting up several different forums under each category - movies, books, etc (under off topic), albums, songs, concerts, etc (under on topic). Not sure if theres any reason to do that or not though.

(The old board will probably be fading away soon... Get your hankies out kids.)

the townsends

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-28-2002 23:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Acccckkkkkkkk, don\\\'t do that! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

We had even thought about setting up several different forums under each category - movies, books, etc (under off topic), albums, songs, concerts, etc (under on topic). Not sure if theres any reason to do that or not though.

the townsends

Because we're a very structured bunch (yeah, right we are!), and like to keep up on each other......the fewer topics we have to look under, the better. Two is plenty, thank you very much!

Oh, and what's a Mind Peach , btw?? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-29-2002 12:37 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jc
Luteous Llama

thats easy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

its woggy spelled differently
cu-
wimmy Jiminy
03-29-2002 12:41 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

No, it\'s not, you silly boy....... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jc
its woggy spelled differently
cu-
wimmy Jiminy

Woggy spelled differently would be:

Ygogw
or
gowgy

but NOT Mind Peach.

Mind peach spelled differently would be:

denim chap
or
cheap mind
or
dean chimp.

Man, I have WAY too much time on my hands this afternoon, ya think?????

he he eh

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-29-2002 15:13 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Unclemeat
unregistered
Terry Taylor the Xian Frank Zappa? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have all of FZ's material, and I listened to DA for all of my teen years.... (Now 35) and I think that FZ and DA have a lot in common as far as musical output and inspiration.

UM
03-29-2002 15:21
C. SK8R
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Red Face Confused i dont know why there is 3 boards Big Grin Tongue
04-08-2002 22:28
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
[Oh, and what's a Mind Peach , btw?? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I DON'T KNOW, BUT I THINK I ONLY NEED 1 MORE POST AFTER THIS ONE TO BECOME ONE!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

04-09-2002 19:06 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork

Now you're just posting to post. I would never do that.

I'm still wondering where Woggy is......and JiMiNy too. Only one post from him lately.

BD

p.s. we know where the others are...LK9, carl, Jevon the Tall. Sometimes you just can't teach an old dog a new trick.

04-09-2002 19:45 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Maybe.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....some old dogs are SMART enough to learn new tricks, but realize that they ARE only tricks.... But you "Best in Show" border collies can keep on rolling over & playin' dead, if you like.... Tongue PPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-10-2002 09:30 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

04-10-2002 10:31 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

I scrolled and scrolled and found an unread Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

p.s. we know where the others are...LK9, carl, Jevon the Tall. Sometimes you just can't teach an old dog a new trick.

I do "lurk" here once in a while. I learned lots of new tricks. I can do a "blue flame", the farmers kleenex (most of the time), and get this - chew gum, and hop on one leg.

Now BD, you're an artist and a gentleman, so I know you're just having fun. PS I used my fast connection at work so look at some of your clips and I say, "Very Cool."

04-10-2002 10:46 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Yeah, you would never do a thing like that! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Now you're just posting to post. I would never do that.

No, of course you wouldn't...

Roll Eyes

04-10-2002 11:42 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:

the townsends

really? the old board was much better.
this is just to get back about the cd-r fight on the dadl right?

ya... that's what I thought. Frown

04-10-2002 16:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

the townsends

What kind of Root Beer will you have w/ that cd-r Dr? Confused

04-10-2002 18:23 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Wow this is amazing! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
[What kind of Root Beer will you have w/ that cd-r Dr? Confused

I just heard from a freindswhose uncle told him about what his workmate found out from an email.

It true!

the Tuxedo Clad Megastar is going to bring out a rootbear and with each 6 pack bought you get a cd-r of his lecures on woody allen movies about post-modernism.

Weee!

:p
04-10-2002 18:55 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
the Tuxedo Clad Megastar is going to bring out a rootbear and with each 6 pack bought you get a cd-r of his lecures on woody allen movies about post-modernism.

heh heh
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

the Tuxedo Clad Megastar ç Rootbeer

mmmmmmmm, I can taste it spewing out of my nose and mouth right now!

BD

04-10-2002 19:33 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

the townsends

What kind of Root Beer will you have w/ that cd-r Dr? Confused

I'd LOL if it were not so true Smile

04-11-2002 10:48 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

heh heh
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

the Tuxedo Clad Megastar ç Rootbeer

mmmmmmmm, I can taste it spewing out of my nose and mouth right now!

BD

the good ole days...... Pleased

Cool
09-16-2004 17:57 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Man, I think that was before my time Shocked

09-16-2004 18:03 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » how come we have three boards?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH