Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Live '85 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Live '85 3 Votes - Average Rating: 6.673 Votes - Average Rating: 6.67
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Live '85 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My DVD came in yesterday! Watched it this morning...it's alright...no wait...I meantGREAT!

The quality of sound/picture issues are there, but I love this DVD...
06-04-2004 09:58 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

for a 19 year old bootleg, it looks and sounds great! Cool

06-04-2004 10:01 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

good stuff! Cool
06-04-2004 21:08 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i didn't order it... should i? Confused

06-04-2004 22:12 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Yes

06-04-2004 22:35 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

jooeeyyyy.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I vote a Big Yo.
It really does show the boys in a glory day (specially Uncle T)
I watched it again last weekend, all by myself...
and I savored it. ( I do a great air guitar when no ones lookin there , greg.)

For a bootleg its really better than you could imagine. sound is all in all very good, and visuals "capture" the era well-not a lot of bad zooms or fuzz ins- you know- the stuff you tolerate but can annoy and distract.
The capture angles are terrific- and friend- the day has come and gone.
Git it while you think its still hot. My 30ish kids loved it- my 13 year old daughter was laughing and geeking so bad I turned it off in her presence while watching one time- she just couldn't see it.
And- if you don't get it- this thread will suck...

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-04-2004 23:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eis
joey...you must order... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Get it! Really good. This version of I Love You #19 is really interesting, and the comentary Uncle Terry gives during the concert is great. Sanctuary is absolutely amazing here... And there is a "terrifying dance sequence." You can't beat that. Tongue
06-05-2004 08:56 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

My kids love it, especially Dance Stop. The version with the visuals is just great.

06-05-2004 09:43 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Red Face Joey is not a real fan Crying

06-05-2004 10:55 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

never has been

just look at how many times he says "this thread glows with warmth"
06-05-2004 11:29 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

could be he's a fan of the band, just not a fan of the band fans.....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-05-2004 11:37 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The DVD is not perfect by any means, but it is a fun concert
and really above the average 'bootleg' quality. A lot of
Alarma Chronicles songs are represented, they really plow
through them. There is some silly-ness to it as there usually is in
a DA show, and you know they don't take themselves too seriously.
I really love that mix of weird-ness and goofy-ness though.

Their shows are not meant to be a slick presentation really,
but a strange event that makes you laugh and think.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-05-2004 11:46 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
i didn't order it... should i? Confused

duh! Red Face

really! run, don't walk!Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 06-06-2004 13:24.

06-06-2004 13:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

We got it, but haven't watched it yet, but we will soon! Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-09-2004 15:40 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor
quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

never has been

just look at how many times he says "this thread glows with warmth"

yes, but it's pretty rare i would say that in the "on-topic" area..... Red Face

and then there is this thread.....

Pleased

06-09-2004 19:30 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin
06-09-2004 21:23 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Platyhelminth

don't encourage him bax

getting off topic...

Joey are you gonna make it to the 77s gig or not? Mad
You better go!
06-09-2004 22:52 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor

Joey are you gonna make it to the 77s gig or not? Mad
You better go!

i get to wondering..... Red Face

i requested the day before off from work, but haven't bought tix yet... Cool

if elle is gonna come all the way down from alaska, i should be able to make it from spokane..... Big Grin

06-10-2004 13:00 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Live '85

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH