Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ebay Rocks! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ebay Rocks!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Ebay Rocks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In the past week, two CDs I won on ebay have come in. I got Driving the Nails by Vigilantes of Love for $8, and Sacred Cows by the Swirling Eddies for $3! I'm loving some great music.

Well, I guess Sacred Cows doesn't really qualify as great music Roll Eyes ...but having heard most of the ooriginals, it's pretty darn funny... Tongue
06-15-2004 08:05 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: Ebay Rocks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
Well, I guess Sacred Cows doesn't really qualify as great music Roll Eyes ...but having heard most of the ooriginals, it's pretty darn funny... Tongue

Yep, I wouldn't go that far. I do like "I Luv crap Music" though. Some of the other stuff sounds like it was produced by too much alcohol.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
06-15-2004 09:47 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's brilliant Big Grin The Al Denson song kills me Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

06-15-2004 10:36 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! RE: Ebay Rocks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
and Sacred Cows by the Swirling Eddies for $3! I'm loving some great music.

It's a "must have" Pleased

06-15-2004 14:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"What's that? What's going on? I'M BACK IN ALCATWAZZHH!!!.... I'm SO depwessed...."

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-15-2004 14:38 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
"What's that? What's going on? I'M BACK IN ALCATWAZZHH!!!.... I'm SO depwessed...."

Cool
Classic!
Cool

06-15-2004 14:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

What makes S.C. so good - is that it isn't......

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-15-2004 15:52 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

In Camarillo's words: The ten best "CCM" songs that have really helped us.

06-15-2004 19:03 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:

Even my parents were rolling on the floor when I played that for them. My sister had that Al Denson CD when she was a kid and we all hated it...even her.

06-16-2004 11:05 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
quote:

Even my parents were rolling on the floor when I played that for them. My sister had that Al Denson CD when she was a kid and we all hated it...even her.

My then-11-year-old had a sort of epiphany the first time she heard Droopy in da' "Big House" -- "omigod, i can't believe they made us sing that all the TIME in camp! It's so STUPID!!!"

06-16-2004 11:09 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Grand Encephalon

A church I went to sang that one every sunday. Talk about wanting to put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger Roll Eyes

06-16-2004 11:49 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
A church I went to sang that one every sunday. Talk about wanting to put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger Roll Eyes

That would be time for a new church. Even if it wasn't a goofy song, why would you sing that on sunday? It isn't worshipful or anything. Maybe they were trying to reach the sunday football crowd. "Check it out guys, follow Jesus and in heaven you can play football in his BIG backyard." I can see millions of converts with that one.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
06-16-2004 13:53 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:

That would be time for a new church. Even if it wasn't a goofy song, why would you sing that on sunday? It isn't worshipful or anything. Maybe they were trying to reach the sunday football crowd. "Check it out guys, follow Jesus and in heaven you can play football in his BIG backyard." I can see millions of converts with that one.

That is too funny! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
jeesh! Tell the poor they'll have all the rooms they want cuz the house will be so big, the glutton he'll get lots and lots of food to gorge himself on and the football fan he'll be able to play football in a BIG backyard! Yep, that sounds like a "gospel message" to me! Roll Eyes

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-16-2004 14:00 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Well, if that's the Big House song I'm thinking of, I kinda like the music because it sorta reminds me of the Red Hot Chili Peppers a little.

I think enuff has been said about the lyrics, which I cannot exactly defend.

But it is OK to let go with some blissful ignorant exhuberance every once in awhile... David did dance, right?

We can't stay cheerful if we are in the reality of gloom and doom all the time. After all, there is the eternal reality that will not be gloom and doom for the believer!

Give me a lobotomy and I'll dance to a laser-light show of radial keratotony (sp?)! Just might help me see a little better?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-16-2004 15:06 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
quote:

Remember my sports thread??? That's what I was talking about. Jock Christianity. That's what church is all about. My old pastor put The Angels in every paragraph he preached. They would end the service early sometimes so people could go watch football Roll Eyes

06-16-2004 16:20 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
quote:
quote:

Remember my sports thread??? That's what I was talking about. Jock Christianity. That's what church is all about. My old pastor put The Angels in every paragraph he preached. They would end the service early sometimes so people could go watch football Roll Eyes

Now if they were a cool church, they would get up early and have services. Then they would have a big pizza and keg party for the entire neighborhood, advertised perhaps a week in advance, and show the football game on a big screen!?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-17-2004 12:54 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Yep-pers. Lifestyle evangelism at its finest. Big Grin

06-17-2004 13:03 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Grand Encephalon

If my church had a keg party I would go Tongue Shocked

06-17-2004 13:19 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ben Ben is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-15-2004

Satan Bite The Dust Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I always liked the Carmen spoof. You know the christian with the sissy, milk toast voice telling satan:

"Cause I represent a whole new
Breed of Christian of today
And I'm authorized and deputized
To blow you clean away
I've got a message to deliver
From one who's true and just
We'll spit in your eye, you father of lies
Satan, bite the dust!"

What a hoot!

Ben
06-17-2004 13:26 Ben is offline Send an Email to Ben Search for Posts by Ben Add Ben to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
If my church had a keg party I would go Tongue Shocked

that might get me going to church again...... Big Grin

Cool
06-17-2004 13:27 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ebay Rocks!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH