Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bass Players » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bass Players
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Bass Players Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

While waiting for tardy files to arrive I perused the internet and found the web site of Bryan Beller, a guy who wrote a column for Bass Player magazine a few years ago. One of his articles ties astrological signs to your style. Of course I don't believe in astrology (or this guy's take on it) but when you look at Tim's description (born February 3 to immigrant cheese herders) it's astoundingly appropriate!

AQUARIUS
(January 20-February 1Cool :
They say, "What the Aquarian thinks now, the world will think in 50 years." Your playing approach is so unconventional, it may seem to contemporaries that you're straining to be different. This makes you seem aloof and detached in small-group settings, which is unfair because others don't understand just what a genius you are. The good news is that you're right and they're wrong. The bad news is they won't realize it until you're long gone, which in the meantime means you won't get hired for anything. Famous Aquarius bassist: James Jamerson.

The entire article is at: http://www.bryanbeller.com/literature/bassplayer16.html

Sorry 'bout that turn of luck, Tim...
05-03-2004 15:33 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's interesting that Bass is a fish.

isn't it?

August 2005
05-03-2004 15:39 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am a cancer...

05-03-2004 16:08 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: Bass Players Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by uvulapie
AQUARIUS
(January 20-February 1Cool :
They say, "What the Aquarian thinks now, the world will think in 50 years." Your playing approach is so unconventional, it may seem to contemporaries that you're straining to be different. This makes you seem aloof and detached in small-group settings, which is unfair because others don't understand just what a genius you are. The good news is that you're right and they're wrong. The bad news is they won't realize it until you're long gone, which in the meantime means you won't get hired for anything. Famous Aquarius bassist: James Jamerson.

That's our Chandler! Shocked

05-03-2004 16:09 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: Bass Players Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

He called me a "band mother".

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
05-03-2004 17:06 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

TAURUS
(April 20-May 20):
Slow and steady wins the race for the Taurean bassist, whose dogged, persistent nature is second to none. You're practical, reliable, and punctual. You always know the tunes cold and are predisposed to patterns and repetition, traits bandleaders love. Given to materialism, you also probably have six basses with silly decorative inlays and red fret-marker LEDs. If there's only one chair in the rehearsal room, chances are you're sitting in it-and won't give it up for anything. Woe be the bandmember who impedes your path to the backstage deli tray. Famous Taurus bassist: Krist Novoselic.

i dunno. while i do have six basses.....i don't have any with silly decorative inlays or led fret markers. Big Grin

05-03-2004 21:22 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I am a cancer...

That's no way to talk about yrself, dennis.... Tongue

carl
7/3/61 Big Grin

P.S. Our original worship team was all born in July. As such, we nicknamed ourselves "The Melancholy Cancers".... Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 05-04-2004 07:28.

05-04-2004 07:27 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
He called me a "band mother".

Me too Roll Eyes

05-04-2004 07:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I am a cancer...

That's no way to talk about yrself, dennis.... Tongue

carl
7/3/61 Big Grin

P.S. Our original worship team was all born in July. As such, we nicknamed ourselves "The Melancholy Cancers".... Big Grin

I like it!

07/12/68 Cool

05-04-2004 07:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Proof that it's bunk Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

SCORPIO
(October 23-November 21):
No one-not slimy managers, late-paying bandleaders, rival bassists-will ever get the best of you. The deep intensity you musically project has a subtle, sneaky way of dominating everything around it. Somehow or another, you get whatever you want: a better mix on the record, the best hotel room on the road, the post-show companion of your choice. Even if that companion happens to be the significant other of someone else in the band. Not that you'd ever let anyone find out. Famous Scorpio bassist: Bootsy Collins.

It is true that the "deep intensity [I] musically project ... dominat[es] everything around it," but that ususally resulted in my not being invited to play anymore. "Stop all the fancy stuff--just sit on one note!"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gabriel Syme: 05-10-2004 08:13.

05-06-2004 09:56 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Most of the time the "fancy stuff" is just noise. Red Face

05-06-2004 09:59 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bass Players

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH