Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Speaking of other bands that won't go away... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Speaking of other bands that won't go away...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Speaking of other bands that won't go away... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was listening to my new used $2.50 Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" CD purchased at a yard sale and looking at the lyric sheet smelling slightly of pot smoke and was reminded of good ole DA by the song "Have a Cigar". I really liked the line "Oh by the way, which one's Pink?", it made me think of people thinking that Daniel Amos was a person or "Who's Daniel and who's Amos". A lot of the lyrics could have been DA around the Horrendous Disc days, maybe?

(I promise I will stop posting Pink Floyd soon. Tongue )

Have a Cigar (Waters) 5:24

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far, fly high,
You're never gonna die,
You're gonna make it if you try;
They're gonna love you.
Well I've always had a deep respect,
And I mean that most sincerely.
The band is just fantastic,
that is really what I think.
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?
And did we tell you the name of the game, boy,
We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

We're just knocked out.
We heard about the sell out.
You gotta get an album out.
You owe it to the people.
We're so happy we can hardly count.
Everybody else is just green,
Have you seen the chart?
It's a helluva start,
It could be made into a monster
If we all pull together as a team.
And did we tell you the name of the game, boy,
We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-20-2004 10:18 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Mf Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there IS a great Synchronicity-
I started a thread about comparing the Dark Side of the Moon to DA lyrics-
didnt get far, but I'm going back to it someday..

Breathe (deep ) Breathe in the (shape of) Air..

You know - that sort of thing....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-20-2004 10:48 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mountain Fan
RE: Mf Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

JC, It doesn't seem to be catching on too good. Maybe we're just weird or something.

One of my earliest musical memories of "popular" music that my parents didn't listen to was overhearing "Another Brick in the Wall" played from the neighbor's house of one of my parent's friends.
edit: Oh, yeah, that's also where I heard "Funkytown"!

Much later after I got into Zeppelin in college I one day came to the sudden realization that THAT was what the folks next door were listening to while they were outside working on their VW beetles (overheard as perhaps as a 6 yr old)! "Guess I'm talkin' 'bout love... Take that heavy metal underneath the hood, Mama let me pump your gas,..."

Speaking of Synchronicity, I thought about the Police's "Every Breath You Take," I'll be watching you to put in one of those threads about how the board should be moderated. Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 04-20-2004 11:17.

04-20-2004 11:13 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mountain Fan
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, did DA go to the Dark Side of the Moon when they started the SE thang? You know, "And When the band you're in starts playin' different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon".

Got a few miles left ...

04-20-2004 11:20 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was once listening to Mr Floyd and a fellow student asked who I was listening to (on my walkman). I told her Pink Floyd and she said "what childish music" - allshe had ever heard was the one sonf "another brick in the wall" and that was at school from the kids singing it aorund the teachers.

Needless to say she was soon corrected.

04-20-2004 17:44 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Speaking of other bands that won't go away...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH