Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mnf Commentaries- » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mnf Commentaries-
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Mnf Commentaries- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

bd-
Before everyone starts the general ramble about all the great tunage-
let me say the art is BEAUTIFUL!
I love a sleeve that can be slid any which way into its tray- and it still comes out right!
You stepped up to a great plate there friend- the color scheme-information, commentary and hey- plus you threw in a little Biblio along the way!

Its professional and proud-
you ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvelous job on your part BD-
but is what your hear any good?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
01-13-2004 07:48 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

too kind Mr Cricket. Smile

and yes, I hear a bunch of good stuff on MNF!

BD

01-13-2004 10:02 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great work everybody. I love every aspect of MNF.

01-13-2004 11:11 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Thread Starter Thread Started by jiminy

Quite a lump- eh Mr D?
it has a sort of White Album Feel.......

01-13-2004 11:14 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Well, by golly it does Tongue

01-13-2004 11:22 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

and Banos closing number beats "Goodnight" , one of my all time favorite songs L/Mc tunes-so thats saying a lot!

01-13-2004 12:03 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Joel is a great way to end a project like this...as well as a Dogs show Tongue

01-13-2004 12:06 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Too bad the guy can't sing.

01-13-2004 12:56 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

or play.
...buahahahahahahahahahahahahah

01-14-2004 21:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

we certainly lived up to the title Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

initial thoughts

if Carl Simmons was the pleasant surprise on Vol. 1

then I think jImInY gets it on Vol. 2 for his innovative rendition of Ribbons and Bows

-

Wes and dw are tied in the "sounds most like Terry" catagory

-

Theo's tracks're always a delight

-

davis white and the glorious dregs! Woo hoo!-

-

kudos to all~
Big Grin

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
01-15-2004 01:58 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Ps Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

-and i LUVZ those sound FX tracks!

(nice arranging BD)

01-15-2004 02:02 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

dont cut yerself short there tm-
you got "sound FX " that give a man a downright chill.
(Thx for the compliment 2- but it tweren't all me.)

01-15-2004 07:54 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

RE: Ps Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ™
-and i LUVZ those sound FX tracks!

(nice arranging BD)

I got the Truman Show for my wife for Christmas. I thought we were the only ones that liked it Tongue

01-15-2004 12:11 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I loved it-
(course I DO like Jim Carrey..)
just watched Bruce Almighty the other night (saw it at the theater)
what a great , subliminal message about Gods greatest giftl there kids-
I feel like I got it.
Very positive theme (in my book)

01-15-2004 12:28 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

MNF!

Got mine...........haven't heard the whole thing yet, but what I HAVE heard is pretty darn special Smile

And yea, I gotta agree on the artwork.................it's marvelous, BD. I can't imagine how long it must take you to put all those little factoids together, but you're so GOOD at it................nice, nice, nice Smile

I'll comment more on the actual music a I listen..................

it's all just so fun, ain't it?

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

01-15-2004 12:40 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Well, y'all definitely have me hankerin' to get my copy in!! Maybe today........ (course if I'da ordered earlier I might be listening right now like you guys). Sounds like an even better one than the first (if that's possible ;-) )

As for Truman and Bruce Almighty, liked 'em both. And I was afraid of what Bruce Almighty might be offering ( as far as message) but I thought it was pretty good.

Speaking of video and messages, has anyone caught any of the new Joan of Arcadia series? It's pretty much the one I look for each week now. They seem to do a good job of presenting a view of how God interacts in our lives on a daily basis. Hope they don't lose the vision.

JB
01-15-2004 12:49 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

can't wait to get mine too! Smile )

01-15-2004 13:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by jwaltb

As for Truman and Bruce Almighty, liked 'em both. And I was afraid of what Bruce Almighty might be offering ( as far as message) but I thought it was pretty good.

The director of Bruce Almighty is a Christian and caught a lot of flak from soem Christians and a lot of praise from others.

01-15-2004 15:55 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin :

It's here!! And what a project!!

First off, BD, great treatment of the project. It's simply awesome! And I think it's great that our tribute is also "tributary" in it's liner notes, etc. I'm definitely impressed.

So far I've heard about 4 1/2 tracks.......this thing ROCKS! I was really delighted and surprised to hear the CS Lewis quote to kick off Ghost Train - Great idea guys! Can't wait to hear the rest cuz I'm really impressed, and this far in has definitely left a BIG grin.

If you don't have it, GET IT. If it's coming already, you'll see what i mean.

Glad to be a part of it. WOO HOO!

JB

(hey I think I got this thing to work....)
01-15-2004 19:12 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Woah Nelly! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And let's not forget a big tip o' th' hat to all the little Phillies
that took part in this here DA/TST commemorative

Woggy's soundin' very Kate Bush-ish at times
(that's a compliment Woggins Big Grin )

Can that brother & sister harmonize 'er what?

01-16-2004 03:13 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mnf Commentaries-

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH