Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma chronicles truely prophetic? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alarma chronicles truely prophetic?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Alarma chronicles truely prophetic? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi, long time I have enjoyed the Music of Daniel Amos, Terry Taylor and the like. Anyway, I recently dusted off the Alarma Chronicles and have found the music to be very prophetic in light of recent events. Granted some of what Terry and company wrote pertained to what was going on in the 1980's but now we have this "show" and what I consider a deception in Lakeland and listening to the amblum in light of current events it struck me as very prophetic. "Endless Summer" in particular very appropriate.
07-02-2008 10:55 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Frown RE: Alarma chronicles truely prophetic? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and don't forget mall all over the world.......... Crying

bobd

07-02-2008 11:50 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Thread Starter Thread Started by peacebringer
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

mall all over the world is slightly appropriate but more veiled.

Angels tuck you in at night is very appropriate to say Lakeland and the Kansas City Prophets for example.
07-02-2008 13:26 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mall All Over the World, Progress, Heaven on Earth. The age of leasure. Mankind, rejects the need for a savior by creating his own version of love, peace, and a little heaven with golden arches.

Those songs are relevant today, because mankind is still headed in the wrong direction.

07-02-2008 14:11 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

that's the observation of the human plight stuff - you have to spin it backwards to get the prophetic stuff

Psalm 119:83
07-02-2008 14:17 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

By the way DA and folks, if you have any problem with me posting song lyrics on my blog let me know. www.peacebringer7.wordpress.com

I know I want to re-read the Novella. I know when I listened to the albums recently, and being aware of what is going on in Lakeland and sources it just struck me as possibly prophetic. I wonder if the Novella and albums are all straight out of Terry's imagination solely, or if he did have any prophetic influence. Only Terry can say for sure.

I do recognize that the general versus's can apply in general to false prophecy and deception in the church. I definitely beleive the Alarma chronicles to be Holy Spirit inspired.

Doppleganger clearly hits on human plight and the 3 sin categories. Alarma certainly hit on false prophecy.

Angels tuck you in fits full well with what is underneath Lakeland and going on with Kansas City Prophets and even a lot of the New Apostolic Reformation. But I was more thinking about Lakeland.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by peacebringer: 07-02-2008 14:54.

07-02-2008 14:52 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
clipon clipon is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-05-2007

quote:
Originally posted by peacebringer
By the way DA and folks, if you have any problem with me posting song lyrics on my blog let me know. www.peacebringer7.wordpress.com

I know I want to re-read the Novella. I know when I listened to the albums recently, and being aware of what is going on in Lakeland and sources it just struck me as possibly prophetic. I wonder if the Novella and albums are all straight out of Terry's imagination solely, or if he did have any prophetic influence. Only Terry can say for sure.

I do recognize that the general versus's can apply in general to false prophecy and deception in the church. I definitely beleive the Alarma chronicles to be Holy Spirit inspired.

Doppleganger clearly hits on human plight and the 3 sin categories. Alarma certainly hit on false prophecy.

Angels tuck you in fits full well with what is underneath Lakeland and going on with Kansas City Prophets and even a lot of the New Apostolic Reformation. But I was more thinking about Lakeland.

What is Lakeland? Kansas City Prophets?
07-02-2008 15:03 clipon is offline Homepage of clipon Search for Posts by clipon Add clipon to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Lakeland is where a certain mr. bentley is engaging in a "healing revival" and has been influenced by angels.

Kansas City Prophets are the Likes of Mike Bickle, Bob Jones, and Paul Cain among others.

New Apostolic Reformation is the Like of C Peter Wagner, Rick Joyner and many others. Information best found at these sites:

http://endtimespropheticwords.wordpress.com/

and www.deceptionbytes.com

terms also connected to this are latter rain, third wave, joel's army. This stuff going today can be traced back in roots to the 1980's and the Name it and claim it types. It is also connected to the Toronto Blessing and Brownsville. Sorry for making any assumptions about folks being in the know.
07-02-2008 15:09 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

an unbiased source of information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Healing_Outpouring
07-02-2008 15:13 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
clipon clipon is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-05-2007

quote:
an unbiased source of information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Healing_Outpouring

Ah...I see. This is the stort of stuff ive been fleeing in the church most of my life!
07-02-2008 15:14 clipon is offline Homepage of clipon Search for Posts by clipon Add clipon to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Colored by lyrics definitely fit.
07-02-2008 15:21 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

one word.
spew.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-02-2008 15:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
one word.
spew.

the point was given that garbage, and the fact it is deceiving many, I found Alarma chronicles to come off as very prophetic. Granted, can just be my personal reaction and the themes are just broad scoped. Yet, I feel it relates and I found listening to it again to be uplifting.
07-02-2008 15:32 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

and we all know wikipedia is a reliable source....... Tongue

(not saying i am for the florida healing outpouring... haven't really paid much attention to it...
my pastor spoke against it on his blog... so it's probably not a good thing... Red Face )

bobd

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Strange Animal: 07-02-2008 16:35.

07-02-2008 15:49 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I guess my point was the same-we are living in an age (THE age?) where all we think about is ourselves-and all our spirituality is self seeking too.
(I beleive that is a major theme of the A.C.)

spew being in reference to Laodicea, not anyones comments here Cool

seems that Florida is the New KC-
interesting that these new "movements" dont start in say NY?
(though a number of them sprang up in CA..

Think its time to cue up The Grape Prophet......

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-02-2008 15:56 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

Think its time to cue up The Grape Prophet......

weird...

i was just pulling this pic up to post it.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

07-02-2008 16:00 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

bah, I think I had Grape Prophet on cassette.
07-02-2008 16:10 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Have you been to Tommy's Holiday Camp?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 07-03-2008 00:17.

07-02-2008 19:13 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

I'm confused about something. I really know almost nothing about what is happening in Lakeland. I just read a little of the wiki link above. What is the issue? Is it that these guys are claiming that there have been healings without proof? Or is there more of a sceptisim that healings still occur? Is it that what is happening there is shunned by evangelicals? What is it? I'm not a pentecostal but, Jesus did say that we would do the things he did and more. He also said that in the last days God will pour out His spirit and we'll see visions, dream dreams etc. I, for one, can't wait to see those days.

So, is the issue that people assume this guy is a fraud?

Just curious.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
07-02-2008 20:32 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

If you go to the other 2 sites I referenced there are good articles.

I will summarize though. In essessence Mr. Bentley is mixing Christianity with New Age and Gnosticism. He has referenced astral projection, vistis to the 3rd heaven and other such things. He early on stated that he was told he needed to teach on Angels and not Jesus. And that the church already knows about Jesus and needs to believe in the angels and supernatural. In essence the healings are connected to healing angels.
False prophet Bob Jones sent him his angels. He also is reported to have the same "angel" as William Braham who claimed he was Elijah.
The healing "display" is even over and above what you see with Benny Hinn. Also he was commissioned by the likes of NAR folks starting with C Peter Wagner. I hadn't realized the full extent of NAR thinking until God woke me up to this stuff.

This is serious stuff. Mr. Bentley is also teaching that His annointing is transferable. There have been testemonies by some of being approached by demonic after exposure to the events at lakeland.

The wiki article like I said is unbaised reporting of facts.
07-02-2008 22:12 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma chronicles truely prophetic?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH