Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Memory Lane » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Memory Lane
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Memory Lane Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You play old music
Well some of it's a bore
To me it's all irrelevant
Like Haight Street and love beads
Still you want to make a statement
But this nostalgia thing hangs on
Your friends all miss the point cause
They see where you've gone
They've seen that you've gone to...

You take another trip down memory lane
You go down there once too often and you're likely to remain

CooL little Web site I found

Remembering the Classics

06-05-2003 07:47 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

06-05-2003 07:53 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks Dale!

Cool link! Cool

06-05-2003 09:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

I wonder who created that site? There are no links to an actual human being.....maybe it was .Gort. ???

I wanted to invite him/her to come here and say HI, but there was no one to invite Frown

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-05-2003 10:01 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Awesome Dale thanks! Big Grin

06-05-2003 10:10 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

DALe
i added that to my favorites-want to peruse it on me lunch break
I did let out a little sigh when I read 1982- a sophmore in high school-
I was married with two boys, 8 and 10!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-05-2003 10:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

WOW, yer old!

he he he

my girls were only 4 and 2 Smile Smile

06-05-2003 10:42 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Thank you, Dale.

06-05-2003 10:54 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thread Starter Thread Started by DaLe

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
DALe
i added that to my favorites-want to peruse it on me lunch break
I did let out a little sigh when I read 1982- a sophmore in high school-
I was married with two boys, 8 and 10!

JiMiNy,

sorry, I was a junior in high school in 1982 so I can relate to this site very well... if you NeeD any help
with interpretation of this site I could try & help
bridge the generational GaP Roll Eyes

DaLe

06-05-2003 10:55 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

daLe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey!
i RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!

06-05-2003 11:33 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Wow, Dale...............

maybe you need to ed-ju-ma-cate that brother of mine - he lived in a cave in the 80's Smile Smile Smile

06-05-2003 11:41 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Thread Starter Thread Started by DaLe
a link for the old guys & gal Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.theimperials.org/

06-05-2003 11:47 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

1982, I was 13! Driver8 was only 8!!!

~Groucho~
06-05-2003 11:54 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I was five and my wife was not even born yet Big Grin

06-05-2003 12:00 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
I wonder who created that site? There are no links to an actual human being.....maybe it was .Gort. ???

I wanted to invite him/her to come here and say HI, but there was no one to invite Frown

He had an address but it was hidden. I dropped him a line.

06-05-2003 12:05 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

i was attending the junior high school where Wes now goes to church.

06-05-2003 12:32 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

WOGGY Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

POINT OF CLARIFICATION-
I knew Christian Music VERY WELL in the 80s
it was the Flock of Seagulls and VAn Metallica that I missed.

06-05-2003 13:17 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG

http://www.theimperials.org/

Um, no...............

Actually, I wasn't listening to ANY Christian music until about 1981 - and then, only the radio. I didn't even KNOW about bands like Daniel Amos, or the 77's, or even the Imperials! I began listening to Amy Grant, Evie Turnquist, Larnelle Harris (who is STILL cool today)........whoever was playin on the radio (and I didn't listen THAT much.)

Me and lilbro weren't really talking much then - he had his world, I had mine...............so I had NO CLUE about many of the "alternative" Christian bands out in the great, wide world. I only just heard of DA about 2 years ago........so, am learning Smile I missed a lot, it appears.

06-05-2003 13:18 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

fer instance-
i had (and still have) 2 of his top 5- and want the rest!

06-05-2003 13:19 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
POINT OF CLARIFICATION-
I knew Christian Music VERY WELL in the 80s
it was the Flock of Seagulls and VAn Metallica that I missed.

I know, I know........was just pullin' your titanium leg Smile

Gee, if you'dve been NICER to your sister, maybe SHE would have learned about some of these bands, huh???

06-05-2003 13:19 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Memory Lane

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH