Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bucyrus BBQ » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bucyrus BBQ
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Bucyrus BBQ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I should be able to calm down now that we had the BBQ last night. My wife was concerned that I had built it up in my mind to something impossible to equal in reality. Well, it wasn't perfect but everything wrong paled to the splendor of Mike & Terry in front of my friend's barn performing twenty feet in front of me and my daughter as the sun set.

Some people said earlier that hearing "Joel" performed was a moving experience. Even with that warning, I was surprised at the power in that song. "In The Distance" was another powerful song. Even Mike and Terry seemed to have trouble getting back into the jokes after that song.

I think the moment I personally will remember was when Terry looked out over the fields and the horse pasture while the sun began to set and said, "This is idyllic... when we started, this is what I pictured."

Whoa Nellie, I'm one Happy Camper! Smile

08-18-2003 16:34 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! RE: Bucyrus BBQ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great to hear !!!

08-18-2003 17:11 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

PuP, glad to hear you had a great bbq! Really wish I could have gone, but that was not to be. Crying Joel is a very moving song when Terry sings it live.

~Groucho~
08-18-2003 17:27 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
PuP

Thread Starter Thread Started by PuP
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It would've been nice to have you Squiddie. Although, I was running around so much, I might not even have known you were there!

08-18-2003 23:40 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Kris
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 08-19-2003

RE: Bucyrus BBQ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is the first time I've seen Terry perform outside of the Cornerstone Festival. I did catch Mike Rowe last February or March at a Dayton gig with Rikki Michele (If you haven't heard her new album - it is a MUST HAVE!). I am not familiar at all with The Lost Dogs. I have been a Daniel Amos fan since '84 and followed through with The Raptures, The Eddies and such. Lost touch around Kalhoun and was recently reintroduced (by Daniel Amos' numero uno fan Kevin Schaffer who I mention here in case he is reading this) to Daniel Amos through "Songs of The Heart" and "Mr. Buechner's Dream."

Terry and Mike were wonderful... The show ran the gammut from light hearted and hillarious to thoughtful and emotional. True artists.

The setting was more than perfect - Terry and Mike in their cowboy hats performing in a barn amidst the ambiance of horses naying, children laughing, bats flying overhead and of course the three legged (footed?) cow. There was even a free roaming rooster that all the kids enjoyed chasing around the yard - to the dismay of the rooster. There was the perfect spread of food complete with a whole table of homemade deserts.... oh yeah. The auditorium was created from hay bails and a long farm wagon in the back (for higher seating). Everyone was friendly and hospitable from the very young to the elderly - It was a great and perfect night.

In fact after Terry said "...this is what I pictured." He went on to say - "...this is a show we will remember for a long time..." - Kudos for all preperation work that went into this event.

My wife, daughters and niece really enjoyed the show. My six year old kept yelling requests for "Hide the Beer the Pastor's Here" and Arthur Fhardy's Yodeling Party." She also gave their tour manager a belly laugh when he overheard her say Camarillo Eddy "...looks like a homeless guy!"

My family and I enjoyed this show so much that we might plan a trip to visit my old Daniel Amos listening buddy (who nearly drove up to Bucyrus for this show) in Knoxville, TN to coincide with Terry and Mike's show there in October.

Thank you PuP, Chris and the rest...

-Kris

08-19-2003 12:40 Kris is offline Send an Email to Kris Search for Posts by Kris Add Kris to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice to have you on board! Big Grin Glad you enjoyed the BBQ. I was at the one in MN and had thought about going to the one in OH but was not able to make it. Crying Maybe next time!

Rikki Michele is very good, I have not had a chance to buy her new album, but I did hear some of it on her website and at a Dogs concert in Evanston IL. last year. She's very good, I just love her voice.

~Groucho~
08-19-2003 12:53 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
PuP

Thanks for the nice words Kris! It was really nice meeting you at the BBQ.

(Now I can say ONE DAmber was there!) Tongue

Here's a link to the pics I took: http://www.bright.net/~davejen/bbqpics.html

08-19-2003 13:45 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

You mean two DAmbers were there. Wink

~Groucho~
08-19-2003 13:49 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WOW PuP, cool pics, that would be a great place to film a Lost Dogs video! Did you get this on video?

~Groucho~

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Squidzit: 08-19-2003 13:52.

08-19-2003 13:51 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
PuP

I think Kris got some before his battery died. Someone else was taping, but I never talked to them. I'll have to try to track them down.

With everything else, I forgot to buy new tape. Frown

<edit> Thanks for the compliment. I was so busy kicking myself about not filming this, I forgot my manners!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PuP: 08-19-2003 13:57.

08-19-2003 13:56 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
You mean two DAmbers were there. Wink

Oh yeah! I had to think about that! Big Grin

08-19-2003 13:58 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

Chris (he owns the farm) has pictures of Terry & Mike with the cow. If I can get them from him, I'll add them to the site.

08-19-2003 13:59 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

As long as you had fun, that's the most important thing. I always find it's more fun to just sit and watch a concert than it is to tape it. You see more that way.

Did the black out hit you in Bucyrus?

~Groucho~
08-19-2003 14:02 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
Chris (he owns the farm) has pictures of Terry & Mike with the cow. If I can get them from him, I'll add them to the site.

That should be udderly fascinating!

Roll Eyes

sorry Wink

~Groucho~
08-19-2003 14:04 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
PuP

I would've slapped the camera on a tripod and walked away. But, I would've worried about it the whole time. Maybe you're right and it was better I didn't try to tape on top of everything else.

Fun? I had a blast! Took awhile to feel like everything was going to come together, but after that... yeehaw!

Bucyrus was without power for 1/2 hour that Thursday night of the blackout. I work about 35 miles south in Marion. They were without power until 9:30 that night. Funny thing is I figured they would be worried about me and the phones in Marion wouldn't call long distance. So I rushed home and they had no idea anything was wrong! Smile

08-19-2003 14:08 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
quote:
Originally posted by PuP

That should be udderly fascinating!

Roll Eyes

sorry Wink

I will do the bad puns, if you don't mind. Evil

Smile

08-19-2003 14:09 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Confused

I said sorry.

Frown

Tongue

Big Grin

~Groucho~
08-19-2003 22:36 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Kris
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 08-19-2003

Thanks for the welcome-a-board (I realize there is a pun there too but out of respect for those present – I’m going to leave it alone) Squidzit.

I tried to video tape the show but as PuP said – my battery pooped out. I don’t think I even got one whole song. It’s a shame because it was a lot of fun. PuP, if you track down the video – I’d love to get a copy.

BTW - The photos you posted turned out great.

-Kris

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kris: 08-20-2003 11:56.

08-20-2003 11:56 Kris is offline Send an Email to Kris Search for Posts by Kris Add Kris to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I wish I could be at a BBQ.

08-20-2003 11:58 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
PuP

Thanks, Kris. Some of the pictures were pretty dark. I borrowed the digital camera from work and didn't know how to make any adjustments. I just used the automatic settings. Frown

I'm hoping to track down a copy of the video. No promises, though.

08-20-2003 12:06 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bucyrus BBQ

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH