Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Avocado Club #2 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Avocado Club #2
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Avocado Club #2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was finally able to kick back and spend some time with the Avocado Club #2.

I can't believe that Terry isn't going to use these tunes on a follow up to his solo release Avocado Faultline. These are great tunes.

Simple Things is a page ripped from my own life.

I apprieciate the club offerings. This year has been a fan's dream of having access to the unique vault of Terry. Thank you for giving the fans what they have been pining for.

I will be happily signing up for year #2 and see what will come about. Hodgepodge is just that and reminds me that Terry is a multipurpose man (schizo) in his talents. Those that didn't order that one would certainly kick themselves like only Goldmember could if they knew what was on there.

Favorite fan releases so far:

I'll Stop Loving You

I Like It Like That

Simple Things

Satellite Moon

Welcome to the Real World

Don't, Do, Maybe

Hamster Theme from Koghead and Meatus

Goodie Bear ( have this one come on at low volume in the middle of the night or during a fevered dream....freaky fun.)

When will we see Nowhere is Someplace? This could be a great single.

02-03-2003 18:04 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
[I]Don't, Do, Maybe
When will we see Nowhere is Someplace? This could be a great single.

(In Yoda's voice) "Yes, Yes! To Tyler, you listen! Apease the fans, it will."

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
02-03-2003 18:44 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

POOP!

I still don't have my AC#2. Crying

ps, i've got a great story about my brother i will post soon. it's worth the wait. Terry will be proud...or mad.
02-06-2003 13:07 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I'm with you, Brother Sticky.... Crying Crying

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-06-2003 13:11 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Anyone else still not have this? There was a 1/31 post saying the last ones were going out. Should I send another e-mail (having not heard anything back on the first)? Should I keep venting? Will I get the girl? Will the girl get a dog? Will the dog get fleas? Will the fleas inherit the earth? Stay tuned....

carl
embarassed yet getting kinda annoyed

02-11-2003 07:53 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Sticky
POOP!

I still don't have my AC#2. Crying

ps, i've got a great story about my brother i will post soon. it's worth the wait. Terry will be proud...or mad.

so..... ?

02-11-2003 08:57 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
postman
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-17-2003

quote:
Originally posted by carl
Anyone else still not have this? There was a 1/31 post saying the last ones were going out. Should I send another e-mail (having not heard anything back on the first)? Should I keep venting? Will I get the girl? Will the girl get a dog? Will the dog get fleas? Will the fleas inherit the earth? Stay tuned....

carl
embarassed yet getting kinda annoyed

WELL IF YOU GET THE GIRL, I AIN'T DELIVERING HER. NO TELLING HOW MUCH SHE WEIGHS. AND FORGET ABOUT THE FLEAS. POSTMEN AND FLEAS DON'T MIX.
02-11-2003 09:16 postman is offline Send an Email to postman Search for Posts by postman Add postman to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

finally got this yesterday.

I agree that they are nice songs. Is it just me, or are more and more of Terry's acoustic songs sounding more and more alike? The change ups, and progressions are almost interchangeable. The writing is still top shelf. You can really appreciate the musical contributions of Ed, Greg, and Tim.

I'm not being mean, it's just that things are starting to blur.

I'm struggling with renewing. 30 bucks Canadian, for a handful of songs is steep. I really hope JT revisits the "fan" stuff for this year. I know that most of the core fans will stick it out, but there does need to be a certain amount of accountability from management. Don't oversell and underdeliver.

Hopefully there'll be a compelling reason to sign up again. The two snapshop discs are great momentoes (I wish there was a spell checker...) but they didn't come cheap.

When viewed as a thanks for the donation to the band it's easier to absorb - but that's not how it was positioned.

(Ah crap, now my extensive background in customer behaviour, loyalty management, corporate ethics and business marketing are sneaking out. It's all in managing customer expectations boys.)

02-12-2003 14:01 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

yes indeed. it seemed like a much better deal as advertised. i'm signed up for year 2 though. don't want to miss anything no matter how much it costs me (well - I ain't paying 800 bucks for two cassettes!)

I like my BDDVD though!

02-12-2003 15:52 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Pleased
02-12-2003 17:14 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Tyler Durden

I thought that the fan club delivered a couple great products. I enjoy hearing Terry's ideas that didn't fit onto a regular cd.

I think that the fans need to help get the word out that this club exists. Personally, I look at the existence of this board and all of the work of the Townsends and Terry alone are worth the price of the club. To get original, never to be released to the general public music from a man of Terry's talents is way above and beyond my small contribution.

Would I pay $20 just to be a part of this wacked out culture? yes.

Do I treasure the special releases this last year? This is something that I hoped for 20 years ago. I was happy with the Vertigo and this is 20 times better.

It would be cool to get a credit card type membership card to show at concerts.
02-12-2003 22:09 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

I agree with all of that!

especially this:
"It would be cool to get a credit card type membership card to show at concerts."

BD

Cool
02-12-2003 22:22 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

I am not disagreeing with you guys. I am happy to support the band. The stu-pid point I was making was that JT sold this as a big deal, and to anyone who bought in expecting the good could potentially leave with a bad taste.

No one here truly give Jason and Eric a really hard time. We appreciate the work, and no doubt it is work they do for the band. However, business is business and the boys need to protect themselves, and not put themselves in compromising spots. The average music fan is not nearly as tenacious as we are, and DA deserves and expanded base, and quite honestly they won't get it if they are baited and switched.

That's enough from me, it's not supposed to sound negative, more cautionary for the management - and J and E have to field the mud balls.

02-12-2003 23:18 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

I considered AC II a disappointment mainly because it was only 2 songs.....
Well, I got it with Random/Hodgepodge which is great, but it too only clocks in at like half an hour....
just kind of think as this type of radical fan club as folks that DO want to hear every song that pops into Terry's head....
I just wish there were more of them on these releases.... Frown

02-12-2003 23:26 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Heck.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I consider ACII a disappointment because I STILL DON'T HAVE IT!!! Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

02-13-2003 07:48 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
postman
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-17-2003

HEY CARL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

CD'S ARE GREAT FOR TARGET PRACTICE. MWA-HA-HAHA!
02-13-2003 11:32 postman is offline Send an Email to postman Search for Posts by postman Add postman to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

JtT - I agree. And the Townsends do far more for us than any of us probably realize. Thanks for the reminder.

02-13-2003 11:50 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Avocado Club #2

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH