Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Theo » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Theo
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Hey Theo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Didn't you promise us an article that Terry wrote about his favorite Christmas songs and albums?

We're not going to see it in February, are we?

if we don't see it in the next week or two, can we twist your arm to lean the top 5?
12-09-2002 11:26 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Xmas Songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Perhaps they're the five songs on his "Songs for the day after Christmas" EP! Jus' kidding.

You all will have to refresh my memory--is it Christian Musician or CCM that Terry wrote his Lennon and Harrison articles for? I *believe* that's the venue he was gonna write his article for.

As for his top five vs. my memory, I'm not quite sure I recall all the top five albums he gave me--that was months ago. And it *was* the top five albums.

I think we all agreed on the following:
The Carpenters' Christmas Album
Sinatra's "" ""
Bing Crosby's "" ""
Nat King Cole's "" ""

I think we agreed on those. Pretty sure. I will say that he had a top ten and all of our choices made TST's top ten.

What's most interesting, or inspiring, is that there were reasons for our choices--that was the precident for the discussion. It wasn't just a matter of "I like such and such and artist." Wes Berlin had just let me hear the Dogs' Christmas album for my first time--I could easily have listed that cause it brought me such joy--but that wasn't really the soul of what put an album on the list or not.

Cheers to you, Baxter!
12-09-2002 14:46 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by baxter
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks Theo!

i don't have any of them. i'll look for the Carpenters'.
12-09-2002 17:58 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's HM Magazine that Terry writes for occasionally. And what Dogs' Christmas album are you talking about?
12-10-2002 16:37 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

I love the Carpenters' music.............Karen's voice just gives me chills up my spine. She does a mean "There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays" Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

12-10-2002 16:44 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by Michelle
And what Dogs' Christmas album are you talking about?

That's what I want to know.

12-10-2002 16:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
quote:

uh like what they said!

hey wes, are you holding out on us buddy?

BD

12-10-2002 17:05 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

The only thing I know of is the Chipmunk song. Note I said song, not whole album or CD. Hhmmm.

12-10-2002 17:06 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

they did sing a few Christmas songs at the end of that concert last Dec. But that was only a few songs as well and it wasn't really the Dogs (Terry, Mike, Theo and Aaron Sprinkle).

BD

12-10-2002 17:12 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Yes, I know what you're talking about, but it was not officially recorded or released.

12-10-2002 17:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

exactly!

Cool

12-10-2002 17:49 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

If a TST related CD is coming out, we should be the first to know.

12-10-2002 18:24 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

answers Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I don't know the album name, but it did have the Chipmunk song on it ("Christmas Don't Be Late").

After the new year, I have permission to make a limited number of the double CD from last December available for a donation to Andy's Angels and the "cause". Unfortunately, it doesn't have the last segment of the show, where all four of us were on stage together. That segment is out there on DVD in small amounts however. But the music CD turned out pretty good due to the efforts of Mic James and Wes Berlin. It has my set, Aaron's set, Roe's set, Terry's set and a Terry/Roe set. It was a powerful evening, the energy was at its best. It'll be worth having. I'll give more info come the New Year.
12-10-2002 18:34 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Mark Mark is a male

Thanks Theo. The Christmas CD is Happy Christmas 2 on BEC Recordings. As for the CD, I will definitely want one. I am fortunate to also have the DVD. It is great.

12-10-2002 18:38 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by Mark
quote:

uh like what they said!

hey wes, are you holding out on us buddy?

BD

hey all.

no, i am not keeping anything from my damb friends. when theo was at my home we were discussing christmas music, and to my shock, he had never heard the dogs doing "the chipmunk song" (or "a broken christmas" for that matter)....so i had to enlighten my dear friend Smile

np: the roches - we three kings

12-10-2002 21:25 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

heh heh

we figured it was something like that. Smile

but it would be cool to have a Dogs Christmas album!

BD

12-10-2002 23:22 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
heh heh

we figured it was something like that. Smile

but it would be cool to have a Dogs Christmas album!

BD

yes.

a dogs christmas cd.....

.......that would be great!!!

np: happy chrimbo - 77's

12-11-2002 00:50 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

shame shame shame Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm so embarrassed at my ignorance!
Shame, shame, shame! Confused
12-11-2002 10:51 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
I'm so embarrassed at my ignorance!
Shame, shame, shame! Confused

heh heh

we've all been there Theo!

heck I'm still there most of the time. Big Grin

BD

12-11-2002 11:04 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
mannequin wright
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 12-10-2002

Don't Hate Yourself, Theo

We are all in that boat.
12-11-2002 11:09 mannequin wright is offline Send an Email to mannequin wright Search for Posts by mannequin wright Add mannequin wright to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Theo

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH