Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Frontline re-issues » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Frontline re-issues
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Brent17
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Frontline re-issues Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

On Facebook, the owners of the old Frontline/ BAI/ Killien catalog announced today they're re-releasing "Motorcycle," "Ten Songs by Adam Again" and "Scenic Routes" tomorrow (1/15.) The video they posted also says there will be digital and CDs available on Amazon.

Audioris, have you guys had any contact with the new Frontline people? Any background on them? Any discussions about working together?

Just curious.
01-14-2013 16:59 Brent17 is offline Send an Email to Brent17 Search for Posts by Brent17 Add Brent17 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There have been a couple of very short conversations - they definitely seem up to the idea.

I think the Amazon releases are CDRs if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully we can do something "deluxe" with them eventually.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-14-2013 17:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The official Frontline page has announced that the Amazon CDs are "Amazon on demand" CD-Rs.

Also, I think the Adam Again release is the only one being remastered at the moment.

So, I look forward to a future deluxe release of "Motorcycle."
01-14-2013 21:15 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I suppose if Frontline has the rights for release, it is better these albums are available than not. It must be incredibly frustrating to have a body of work that is virtually nonexistent in the marketplace -- nothing to show.

I hope the artists are making something off the sales. I also hope this won't impede your ability to do your expanded editions.
01-15-2013 04:11 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

My question is do these cd-rs come with artwork. I have a copy of Motorcycle that I received for free from a fellow who was purging his collection. Unfortunately, he had already purged all the cases and stored cds in a flip book with their original front covers. Therefore, I never had a back cover. If I could get one inexpensive I might consider it just so the product looks better on my shelf. . . I will have to look into this.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
01-15-2013 14:52 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Administrator

If I remember correctly, Amazon gives you a single sheet cover and maybe a tray insert, but no room for liner notes or lyrics, etc. I don't know for certain though.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-15-2013 17:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by brother joel
My question is do these cd-rs come with artwork. I have a copy of Motorcycle that I received for free from a fellow who was purging his collection. Unfortunately, he had already purged all the cases and stored cds in a flip book with their original front covers. Therefore, I never had a back cover. If I could get one inexpensive I might consider it just so the product looks better on my shelf. . . I will have to look into this.

it is better to spend 15 for the original than 5 for an amazon cdr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DANIEL-AMOS-Moto...=item5aec792aef

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
01-15-2013 18:24 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Depends on what the label provides. Warners' CD-Rs usually have the full booklet (at least my copy of Violent Femmes "Why Do Birds Sing" did). I'm guessing the label uploads a PDF along with the digital music. If the label provides all the images, you get a book. If not, you get a single image card.
01-15-2013 18:27 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

I would LOVE to see a deluxe edition of Motorcycle. Perhaps my favorite DA album!

upload photos to paste code
01-17-2013 20:38 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

I would love a delux reissue as well. I already own motorcycle tracks so I would hope a delux would have something more to it. Motorcycle was my first album by DA. I picked up the cassette on a whim one day. I already owned Let's Spin, but had no clue there was a connection. I heard Hole in the World on the walpaper sampler and was impressed so I purchased the whole album and quickly fell in love. It was years later I acquired the CD version I own as mentioned above. I enjoy listening fairly often!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
01-17-2013 23:49 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Administrator

From the Frontline folks...

"with cover art (no insert, sorry)"

01-18-2013 00:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

A deluxe reissue of "Motorcycle" would be great! Hope you manage to work something out!
01-18-2013 06:27 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Yeah, "Motorcycle" IS my favorite DA album. Mainly because of how lush it is. I know it's not "rock and roll", but there is so much to hear, here. An album that holds up, listen after listen.
01-18-2013 08:30 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Frontline re-issues

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH