Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » vox humana & the 12 string bass » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page vox humana & the 12 string bass
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

vox humana & the 12 string bass Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

so i'm late to the party on this one but does anyone know if there is any relationship between chandler playing 12 string bass on vox humana and the fact there is a 12 string bass by the same name?

some outfit in Nederland gebruikt de naam

http://www.voxhumana.nl/cms/index.php?op...id=43&Itemid=70

there is 5 string beauty on this site, or as they describe it:
JB type 5 snaar fretless met streepinleg in de ebben toets. AAA birdeye neck. Bartolini elementen, ABM bas brug. Swamp ash, 3 tone sunburst.

anyone know anything about these? pickups look different... first snaar fretless bass i've seen with frets:-)

Psalm 119:83
05-12-2012 00:20 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Interesting! I remember that in the insert for (I think) Alarma, it stated that the 3rd album in the series was to be called "Vox Robottica".
Maybe the name of the bass caused a rethink? Were these particular make of instrument even around then?

Tim, we need you!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
05-12-2012 03:50 wayneb is offline Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I know the album was started by Terry and Rob Watson and at that time it was titled Vox Robotica. There is a demo tape with some weird Vox Robotica demos they made. If I remember correctly they are very rough and not much like the songs eventually released. Don't think I ever heard the story about why the name changed.

05-12-2012 05:39 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Yeah I know the album was started by Terry and Rob Watson and at that time it was titled Vox Robotica. There is a demo tape with some weird Vox Robotica demos they made. If I remember correctly they are very rough and not much like the songs eventually released. Don't think I ever heard the story about why the name changed.

The robot population was pretty sparce in the eighties, so the marketing would have been tough.

05-12-2012 18:54 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » vox humana & the 12 string bass

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH